Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PseudoMi

Musashi is finally here !

61 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,422 posts
9,422 battles

When they both got their accuracy modules installed, @15km

Missouri has 168m dispersion and 1.9 sigma.

Musashi has 144m dispersion and 1.8 sigma. 

While accuracy is not just dispersion and sigma, that still seems really good on the Musashi. 

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,517 posts
14,976 battles

Weel, anyways.. It IS the "Mighty Mushu" so I will get it first and see how it goes later on. But does not apper bad at all tho. :Smile_smile:

But then again, I am probably a bad example to follow... I BOUGHT Mikasa on purpose and still keep playing it so there. Might be a sign of some mental disability there. :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

Players
607 posts
5,870 battles
3 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

When they both got their accuracy modules installed, @15km

Missouri has 168m dispersion and 1.9 sigma.

Musashi has 144m dispersion and 1.8 sigma. 

While accuracy is not just dispersion and sigma, that still seems really good on the Musashi. 

Yeah, deluxe balance for deluxe ships. 

« We’ll give Mo a radar but in exchange, for balance reasons, she won’t have a float plane »

Players
357 posts
3,190 battles

and its still just a worse yamato without anything special to it ^^ missouri has radar musashi is just a weaker yamato

the dispersion is worse then on the yamato so u need more luck ... for same freexp u get the yamato ....

[ONE2]
Players
2,517 posts
14,976 battles

Naah! @ColorsOfRainbows, already gots me a Yamato and I have this irrational fear of all the extra free XP burning a hole in my pockets. AND they won't let me reconfig Yamato back to 1942 setup either. :Smile_sad: No choice, I have a manic compulsion to spend, spend, spend (which is all the more Odd, since I actually DO NOT play BB) :Smile-_tongue:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,500 posts
15,364 battles
34 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Weel, anyways.. It IS the "Mighty Mushu" so I will get it first and see how it goes later on. But does not apper bad at all tho. :Smile_smile:

But then again, I am probably a bad example to follow... I BOUGHT Mikasa on purpose and still keep playing it so there. Might be a sign of some mental disability there. :cap_haloween:

Google flagellation........

• Funny 1

[THROW]
Players
573 posts
21,146 battles

People seem to forget those people that have every tier 10 in the game and want more things to buy like the musashi or the people who just want it because they like the ship and are interested in it. Other than that there is no reason to buy it over the Missouri. But please stop saying it's just a worse Yamato, remember your comparing it to a tier 10 whereas the Missouri it compared to a tier 9 so of course it will have to be worse than the Yamato otherwise it would be a tier 10

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,422 posts
9,422 battles
4 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

stop saying it's just a worse Yamato

From a competitive view, it actually is a better Yamato, since it will mostly see TX, but get matched against Iowa/Izumo/FDG/Lion.

And since it is still one of the most accurate BBs in the game, it will outperform these easily in the TX environment. 

Regarding actual gameplay however, it will just feel like less accurate Yamato, still playing against TX most of the time...

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,253 battles
50 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

When they both got their accuracy modules installed [...]

Wait, now I'm confused.

I hope you're not saying that Musashi can mount Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2?

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,439 posts
6,512 battles

It's basically a yamato for those who want to play it for profit

Beta Tester
2,422 posts
9,422 battles
1 minute ago, Nechrom said:

Wait, now I'm confused.

I hope you're not saying that Musashi can mount Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2?

According to wowsft.com it has the Aiming Systems Mod 1, like the other IJN BBs. 

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,253 battles
4 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

According to wowsft.com it has the Aiming Systems Mod 1, like the other IJN BBs. 

But no accuracy mod for the 6th slot?

Beta Tester
2,422 posts
9,422 battles
2 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

But no accuracy mod for the 6th slot?

No, of course not. 

IJN get the -7% and USN get the - 11% module. 

My calculations @15km include the individual module each.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,517 posts
14,976 battles

Hmm, I was thinking a secondary build. The first IJN BB, which might actually be good for tanking instead of sniping. Nice change! :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,253 battles
13 minutes ago, terios said:

Any recommendations for captain builds for Musashi?

How about this: http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0000100000100010000011000000100119

I don't think I would focus that much on AA/secondaries.

I would probably go for just a vanilla survival build. http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000100010100001000100000119

Your build would work much better on the actual Yamato.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
7 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

I don't think I would focus that much on AA/secondaries.

I would probably go for just a vanilla survival build. http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000100010100001000100000119

Your build would work much better on the actual Yamato.

you dont have SE in your build? you noob!!! :Smile_trollface:

btw i would only change BoS for Vigilance... you can always repair fire damage, but vigilance could mean taking 1 or 2 torps less...

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,253 battles
7 minutes ago, robihr said:

btw i would only change BoS for Vigilance... you can always repair fire damage, but vigilance could mean taking 1 or 2 torps less...

Ooor since you have Fire Prevention you will be having a single fire burning often but shorter, that you can let burn (and repair fully later). Musashi also shares the best torpedo protection in the game with the Yamato.

My experience with the late tier more sluggish big BBs is that even with Vigilance it's too late to avoid torpedoes that you spot yourself and didn't anticipate.

Players
607 posts
5,870 battles
36 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Hmm, I was thinking a secondary build. The first IJN BB, which might actually be good for tanking instead of sniping. Nice change! :cap_cool:

Nope. The only BBs to possess secondaries with clear impact on the game are ze Germans. (Warspite worth be mentioned too) The French are WiP, we'll see, but right now there are no doubts.

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

I think the better build for Musashi is the same for yamato.

Priority target, expert marksman, adrenaline rush, superintendent, Concealment, fire prevention.

For the last 3 points one between vigilance and basics of survivability ( i prefer BoS).

The thing that worries me a lot it will be a lot of inexperienced people who will buy the Musashi without having played Izumo/Yamato.

Izumo/Yamato/Musashi are harder to play to their strengths compared to MIssouri, and a lot different from Nagato/Amagi.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,713 posts
9,928 battles
59 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Yamato's citadel is already quite vulnerable and the Musashi sits even higher in the water, exposing the citadel even more.

And you want to take this thing into secondary range and tank? Good luck.

Sign in to follow this