You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Panzerblitz

Roma - please change the Kobayashi camo, before it's too late

148 comments in this topic

[GOON]
Alpha Tester
348 posts
6,437 battles

Ok, so this is mostly a matter of personal opinion and taste. But I feel rather strongly about it and want to check if other members of the community share the same view.

The Kobayashi camo on the upcoming BB Roma has the right idea, the lion head as symbol for Italian kingship together with the flowing tricolore bands and the white background looks fantastic. But why ruin it with the Asian letters and the rectangles which simply don't fit on a European warship ?

Give us a different version of that fantastic camo, with the letters and rectangles removed, I did a quick and dirty photoshop of just the bow to show how it would look, clean up the rest of the ship, remove the letters and rectangles from the mid and the turrets and we will have one of the most iconic and beautiful camos in the game.

5qsFzme.thumb.jpg.bb06da2f9d7da3860732a29ad9fe82c5.jpg

romaedit.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
934 posts
4,262 battles

Blimey. And I thought some of the camo schemes we've been given were a bit headache-inducing (Frosty Fir doesn't look particularly frosty to me).

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,778 posts
8,909 battles

I love that you didn't even bring up the huge water tower on top of the superstructure.

• Funny 3

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,158 posts

the only thing I don't like about this camo is the huge boiler...hopefully there will be a mod to make it invisible (at least for myself :Smile_playing: )

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
56 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

I love that you didn't even bring up the huge water tower on top of the superstructure.

Yes, out of everything that huge beer can thing offends me the most :Smile_teethhappy:

Makes no sense to me why a European ship that went nowhere near the Far East has such a wacky camo but I guess WG want some lols

1 hour ago, Strappster said:

Blimey. And I thought some of the camo schemes we've been given were a bit headache-inducing (Frosty Fir doesn't look particularly frosty to me).

The New Years camos remind me of toothpaste...

[NED]
Players
1,826 posts
6,948 battles

I just want to be able to equip such a camo and then turn of the visual aspect of it to its regular prem camo so i can keep using the kobayashi camo bonuses.

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,923 posts
17,156 battles

Italian actually had many quite smart camouflage patterns in use during the war, there are even books written and published about them. Why would they not use those instead?:cap_hmm:

CAMO.jpg.ea7ec134eb6df2b73bed7e420cc1bc73.jpg

Ok, this is not Roma, of course, but you get the point - Methinks it looks much better too...:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

Damn, while I have nothing about these Kobyashi camos, this one would be so much better with all the black parts removed (in fact the Japanese letters are less of an issue - but I would get rid of ALL the black squares, not just the small ones on the front. Keeping the side white would look so much better).

Players
683 posts
5,448 battles

These camos make it seem to me like Kobyashi is so overly-infatuated with the duplicate function in photoshop.

"Look at all the squares I can make! and diagonally, they look even BETTER!"

Beta Tester
2,875 posts
10,753 battles

That Kobe guy is an "artist", so he will not let them change it just like that.

Most potential buyers will not even know about that silly beercan anyway, until it is too late. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,250 posts
13,138 battles

Paint diarrhea comes to mind... Supplements nicely 2016 New Year's camo... I don't even want to ask... We probably should be happy it is not entirely green with red / white dots splashed all over it.

• Funny 1

Players
14 posts
16,752 battles

i think there are two possibilities. either Kobayashi is trolling WG hard or the idea of the camo is to cause seizures to any enemy that is looking at you

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,850 posts
17,101 battles
4 hours ago, Nechrom said:

With luck when the water tower gets hit the contents  will spill out and wash the UGLY camo away..

• Funny 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
2 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

With luck when the water tower gets hit the contents  will spill out and wash the UGLY camo away..

It'll gush beer!

Party time for the quickest DD to get along side and catch some of the flow :cap_tea:

[ONE2]
Players
2,923 posts
17,156 battles

That is probably just a clever ploy for some additional fire-extinguishing capability without having to use the repair-party consumable... :cap_like:

[SCRUB]
Players
3,357 posts
8,976 battles

I dont like it. Does not fit on the warship at all. Feels like it does not belong on the ship.

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,781 posts
6,319 battles
1 minute ago, RAHJAILARI said:

They could just pain it pink? :Smile_smile:

Mountbatten pink just to sooth something or other? ;)

[GOON]
Alpha Tester
348 posts
6,437 battles
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

Damn, while I have nothing about these Kobyashi camos, this one would be so much better with all the black parts removed (in fact the Japanese letters are less of an issue - but I would get rid of ALL the black squares, not just the small ones on the front. Keeping the side white would look so much better).

Yes, that's what I wrote... ;)

6 hours ago, Panzerblitz said:

...clean up the rest of the ship, remove the letters and rectangles from the mid and the turrets and we will have one of the most iconic and beautiful camos in the game.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,250 posts
13,138 battles
41 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

They could just pain it pink? :Smile_smile:

pinky.jpg.ff9a5edadadbda937b8068060fe0691a.jpg

That's a great idea! Every TK should have mendatory pink camo slapped on his ship for the duration of penalty!

• Cool 3

[SAVVY]
Players
196 posts
2,849 battles

Speaking as a relatively new player, that disgusting camo has completely destroyed my desperate urge to eventually own this ship.

[ONE2]
Players
2,923 posts
17,156 battles

Yeah @Drasnighta I hesitate to use the word "Ugly" in conjunction with any Italian ship (since I've always been a fan), but I'm afraid it has to be said.:Smile-angry:

This just ain't right! :Smile_amazed:

[NED]
Players
1,826 posts
6,948 battles
6 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Speaking as a relatively new player, that disgusting camo has completely destroyed my desperate urge to eventually own this ship.

There will still be a "normal" camo for it but the kobayashi camo will almost certainly have a better bonus set.

That is why i want it to be able to be toggled off without losing the bonus.

1 hour ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

That Kobe guy is an "artist", so he will not let them change it just like that.

Most potential buyers will not even know about that silly beercan anyway, until it is too late. 

Nothing is changed its just turned off.

Otherwise if there is some contractual obligation of some sort then wargaming should offer regular camo's with the same bonus for free to the people who own a kobayashi camo.

And if thats not an option because of the same contract then wargaming should look into getting new lawyers because they screwed up getting painted into a corner like that should that be the case.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,850 posts
17,101 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

It'll gush beer!

Party time for the quickest DD to get along side and catch some of the flow :cap_tea:

as long as its good German beer. Que behind me