You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AnEvilJoke

Ladies & Gentleman!!! "A.I." by Wargaming™

27 comments in this topic

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

ait4sgj.png

Saint-Louis torpedoed Neptune1

Neptune2 torpedoed Neptune1

Neptune2 torpedoed Me

kdk5l.gif

• Funny 5

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

well AI simulates behavior of people in random perfectly... today got into coop battle after a long time... 2 bot bb went border humping... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[NAVOC]
Players
721 posts

I played a couple of co-op games to rush the NY campaign and I was very surprised to see that the bots in co-op "play" better than some human players. Very surprised indeed.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,338 posts
7,432 battles

my m8 tried playing wows again today. he got torped by a friendly from 1 km. 

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,781 posts
6,319 battles

Have you watched this video.... it's very informative about AI behaviour :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
6,263 posts
7,373 battles

Ye... not worse than teammates. Today on Shatter, i was flanking with my Neptune from A towards B, where an enemy Edinburgh was retreating from B back to his spawn. Got some Citadels when he passed some islands, he had like 12k HP left at that moment, when he got undetected in his smoke. I was constantly going same speed same heading, when a Chung Mu sailing 2 km next to me decided, hey im gonna torp that almost dead Edinburgh, [edited]that neptune between me and him... Couldnt evade those torps, weird thing i didnt die :cap_wander:

Players
934 posts
4,262 battles

Warplanes often includes bots to make up the numbers and they've started issuing chat lines for more flavour. It's usually innocuous things like "let's get them!" and "good luck have fun!" but I once saw, "let's get them!" followed by the same bot saying, "the first law of robotics has been suspended!"

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
4,090 posts
16,540 battles
58 minutes ago, Strappster said:

Warplanes often includes bots to make up the numbers and they've started issuing chat lines for more flavour. It's usually innocuous things like "let's get them!" and "good luck have fun!" but I once saw, "let's get them!" followed by the same bot saying, "the first law of robotics has been suspended!"

Now that's a truly good one!

Beta Tester
656 posts
2,063 battles
4 hours ago, Niibler said:

I played a couple of co-op games to rush the NY campaign and I was very surprised to see that the bots in co-op "play" better than some human players. Very surprised indeed.

You should play against the bots on the test server they are 3 times better than the bots on the normal server total beasts....

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,586 battles

Heh, and somehow @Loran_Battle's team managed to lose the CoOp that he played in order to get an easy mission completion. Kinda says a lot about the playerbase if they managed to do that against that kind of AI bots.

Loran, has your face already recovered its features after the epic facepalming?

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
8,184 battles
15 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Heh, and somehow @Loran_Battle's team managed to lose the CoOp that he played in order to get an easy mission completion. Kinda says a lot about the playerbase if they managed to do that against that kind of AI bots.

I don't know, want to check for me? Here is a photo I took of myself...

latest?cb=20120815144528

Seems business as usual while playing WoWs tbh :Smile_trollface:

Well, after 3 (!) attempts, I finally got a single DD kill (AND a win... cause that is offcourse a condition). Subsequently lost faith in humanity and went on to watch some netflix.

Boy, these missions sure do make me "enjoy" the game.

Lastly, for those wondering how I could lose a co-op game.... It was on the Shatter map, my team was on the 1 and 10 line, I was in the middle alone getting my DD kill (which I did along with killing a CA). My teammates proceeded with camping on the 1 and 10 line shooting ineffectually at the bots while they actually capped all caps. I left the game at that point so not sure how exactly it ended.

I do wonder how people after hundreds of games against bots in co-op still haven't figured out the bots basically sail in a straiht line towards the caps. I sometimes feel like a damn clearvoyant. I must be predicting the future somehow it seems! :Smile_child:  I can hear my teammates in co-op wonder .... "how did he know the bots would be in the middle of the map!" ... And I will just be sitting there killing them all whispering "magic...". :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,286 posts
8,433 battles
2 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

I do wonder how people after hundreds of games against bots in co-op still haven't figured out the bots basically sail in a straiht line towards the caps.

It's too hard, like rocket science for most of the creatures sailing the oceans.

I went for co-op too to get the "top 3 exp with PoY" thinking it would be easier than in randoms. Well, it became a fierce fight to win. Our both DDs, instead of capping just drove around the caps and islands trying to hunt some ships. Seriously, it's too hard to understand the objective of the game, and how to achieve that objective. I guess caps are lava, and thinking is for nolife tryharders.

I'm thinking my mental well being, thus playing only a few battles a day anymore, priority being Chapa and Monarch dailies.

14 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

I must be predicting the future somehow it seems!

Obviously, as you bought a special phone  :Smile_trollface:

660?cb=20120323011511

Players
1,502 posts
5,803 battles
13 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

I do wonder how people after hundreds of games against bots in co-op still haven't figured out the bots basically sail in a straight line towards the caps. I sometimes feel like a damn clairvoyant. I must be predicting the future somehow it seems! :Smile_child:  I can hear my team-mates in co-op wonder .... "how did he know the bots would be in the middle of the map!" ... And I will just be sitting there killing them all whispering "magic...". :Smile_sceptic:

I've been in Co-Op games with guys who have played 5000+ Co-Op games and yet still haven't got a clue how the bots work inc one match where a Bot DD (Okhotnik) got a Kraken, wiping out everything on the left side of the map before he bumped into me in my Atlanta :cap_rambo:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,250 posts
13,138 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Must be some kind of virus... I lost Co-op as well yesterday... 4 bots proved to be little too much for 5 players to manage...

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,586 battles
33 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Obviously, as you bought a special phone  :Smile_trollface:

660?cb=20120323011511

El psy congroo!

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
6,263 posts
7,373 battles
5 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Must be some kind of virus... I lost Co-op as well yesterday... 4 bots proved to be little too much for 5 players to manage...

Hah should have seen my Coop game when i played 1v4 Bots and they gangbanged me like 4 super unicums :cap_popcorn: 2 of those just casually killed 2 of my teammates basicly driving by, and my other 5 teammates got wiped by the other bots...

Okhotnik passes by infront of me, lays a smoke screen. Gnevny follows him, goes into his smoke, all the time me getting HE spammed by both. Since the Okhotnik continued towards our Cleveland (which i thought, well he might handle him, but cleveland went coward behind island and got killed by torps :Smile_facepalm:) I tried to Hydro rush the Gnevny, he is all the time kiting away from me, not staying in the smoke constantly pounding me. Suddenly Furutaka and Nürnberg pop out behind islands 4km away from, i manage to dodge first torp volleys. They turn around Nürnberg throws torps, i dodge, Furutaka is like, "[edited]u eat my volley" -> Dead me.

Never seen anything like that. Did i mention they angled perfectly to not get citadelled to death? :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[AAO]
Players
2,259 posts
11,014 battles
6 hours ago, Loran_Battle said:

Boy, these missions sure do make me "enjoy" the game.

I do hope one day we will get the kill 20 Russian cruisers mission back.

And no-one with any sense will play them, except that poor sod that doesn't know about the mission, who will feel as special as the only girl in a boys school. If he has priority target (quite sure that didn't exist at that time) screenshots on forum should be obligatory.

And the team with the Russian cruiser will automatically win, because enemy team will ignore objectives, broad side cruisers and dds at 5 km in order to desperately shoot at him.

And everyone will loathe and despise the lucky guy who gets that kill, because bestest teamgame.

It is indeed a sign of truly EXCELLENT design when close to one and a half years later I have such vivid memories.

I find it highly unfair that newer players weren't able to enjoy that, so please bring back.

• Funny 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,925 posts
17,156 battles
18 hours ago, Niibler said:

Why so surprised, my friend? AI, after all implies intelligence, even if it be artificial. Only a human player will manage to function completely without any. This is why I do not agree with claims of having so many "Bots" in the game. I mean, truly pure, utter ineptitude can ONLY be achieved by a human player (Wohou! Take that Skynet!).:cap_like:

• Funny 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

AI quality is not surprising. Things like that have been seen before.

What's really a surprise for me is what's OP doing in a T9 co-op battle. How does that even work?

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
6 hours ago, PzychoPanzer said:

And no-one with any sense will play them, except that poor sod that doesn't know about the mission, who will feel as special as the only girl in a boys school. If he has priority target (quite sure that didn't exist at that time) screenshots on forum should be obligatory.

And the team with the Russian cruiser will automatically win, because enemy team will ignore objectives, broad side cruisers and dds at 5 km in order to desperately shoot at him.

And everyone will loathe and despise the lucky guy who gets that kill, because bestest teamgame.

It is indeed a sign of truly EXCELLENT design when close to one and a half years later I have such vivid memories.

I find it highly unfair that newer players weren't able to enjoy that, so please bring back.

that was very fun :Smile_teethhappy: i remember kill securing that 1 odd russian ca you would get in 5-10 games.. must say team was very happy with me :Smile_trollface:

[ONE2]
Players
2,925 posts
17,156 battles

Yeah @robihr, in fact I had a few very "Speshul" games just recently during X-mas, when there was the "kill BB"-mission for battleships, while I was playing Mogami and for ONCE, no-one was priority-targeting or trying to insta-kill me the moment I fire the first salvo. I had the dubious honor of being totally ignored in several games and of course, scored quite nice damage, as well as managing to survive games unusually often. That was kinda weird (WTF is going on here?) feeling tho... :Smile_amazed:

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

The thing is, given enough resources, an A.I. ship will be better than the best players. Removing certain restrictions, for example allowing them to learn and allow the A.I. to check friendlies position/course, you could create a 7 or even 12 ship team that beats ever clan there is 100% of the time - Carrier included!

Giving that they're trained ofc!

To be honest, I would love to see how you "Pros" would deal with that! :cap_haloween:

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,060 posts
21,617 battles
On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 6:32 AM, PzychoPanzer said:

Ahh yea, should play my Nachi to memorate that!

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
23 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Ahh yea, should play my Nachi to memorate that!

i think that i didnt play my nachi at all since i got it... i blame my OCD.. had to get it, but i really didnt need another myoko clone :Smile_hiding: