You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aragathor

0.7.1 - Removal of premiums from tech tree and shop

162 comments in this topic

[BYOB] Aragathor
1,581 posts
7,170 battles

With the coming update 0.7.1 the following premium ships will be the only ones available for sale through the premium shop and the tech tree:

All other ships will be removed, including recently unlocked ships like Albany and Makarow. This also means that this is the last time ships like Kaga, Enterprise, and Saipan are available for sale, leaving us with no premium CVs.

In effect this is just a way to produce artificial scarcity and doesn't serve the player base. The reason why low tier premiums are getting the shaft is beyond me...

Good job WG! Why allow people to spend money freely...

• Cool 2

Players, In AlfaTesters
1,533 posts

That means that

• Mikasa, Tachibana, Katori, Ishizushi, Mutsu, Kaga
  • Albany, Smith, Texas, Marblehead, Arizona, Saipan, Indianapolis, Enterprise
  • Diana, Aurora, Oleg, Okt. Rev., Murmansk, Krasny Krym, Okhotnik, Makarov
  • Emden, Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen
  • Campbeltown, Warspite, Gallant
  • Anshan
  • Dunkerque
  • Guilio Cesare

are all going to be removed? I doubt as well that it is to keep the ships that are popular and fun to use (Spee? Molotov?).

[SM0KE] Verblonde
690 posts
3,200 battles

On the face of it, this strikes me as unwise: won't this increase the likelihood of newbies buying premiums that are too high tier for their level of development in the game?

What am I missing?

• Cool 3

[PMI] Juanx
1,031 posts
3,925 battles

You mean untill serb is short on cash and they come back?

• Funny 3

[BAD-A] xxNihilanxx
638 posts
9,076 battles

Public Health Warning:

Do not try to understand WG logic as you may just succeed. If you succeed in understanding WG logic then that means you will be thinking like them and therefore as insane as they are.

• Funny 9

[CPC] NoirLotus
2,015 posts
3,366 battles

I think the reason is that there is at this time way to much premiums to sell in the game ... Compare russian tech trees in WoT and WoWS. In WoWS there is so much premium cruisers to make a complete branch ...

Several premium are also discutable in term of interest (Diana, Aurora & Oleg, 3 low tier cruisers in the same nation where 1 would be enough) and others are too good (Giulio Cesare)

83 posts
5,386 battles

Removing some premium ships from the tech-tree is an understandable move as some tech-tree branches now appear to have more premium ships than regular ships. However, I don't understand why ALL premium CVs are removed. Granted, a new player suddenly jumping into a T7/T8 CV is not a welcoming sight, but now I even have less insensitive to start playing CV, knowing that I'll never get a crew trainer when I progress to higher tiers.

[SCRUB] Kenliero
2,034 posts
6,354 battles
13 minutes ago, puxflacet said:

really? i was waiting for prinz eugen 30% sale for so long. i guess i missed that ship then

By missing that you didn't miss anything.

94 posts
678 battles
29 minutes ago, tamagotchi said:

Removing some premium ships from the tech-tree is an understandable move as some tech-tree branches now appear to have more premium ships than regular ships. However, I don't understand why ALL premium CVs are removed. Granted, a new player suddenly jumping into a T7/T8 CV is not a welcoming sight, but now I even have less insensitive to start playing CV, knowing that I'll never get a crew trainer when I progress to higher tiers.

Asking as a legit question, but won't any premium of a given nation be an effective crew trainer? Aside from some skills being arguable useless (carrier skills on non-carriers), they will still provide training opportunities.

Also everyone's talking about "no more premium CVs" but isn't the Graf Zeppelin a German premium CV?

1,435 posts
2,824 battles
15 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

By missing that you didn't miss anything.

you can guess that i was very interested in that ship ;) .imho one of the best looking ships ever...she just was not worth the price tag wg put on her

• Cool 1

[SCRUB] Kenliero
2,034 posts
6,354 battles
3 minutes ago, puxflacet said:

you can guess that i was very interested in that ship ;) ...she just was not worth the price tag wg put on her

True. Famous ship that offers nothing in the game... (I have it)

1,435 posts
3,568 battles
3 minutes ago, Parakitteh said:

Also everyone's talking about "no more premium CVs" but isn't the Graf Zeppelin a German premium CV?

Do you see Zeppelin in the first list?

94 posts
678 battles
4 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Do you see Zeppelin in the first list?

As the first reply points out, the idea that popular and lower tier ships like Warspite, Gallant, Campbeltown, Texas, Diana, Aurora would be removed from the TT would be odd.

83 posts
5,386 battles
2 minutes ago, Parakitteh said:

Asking as a legit question, but won't any premium of a given nation be an effective crew trainer? Aside from some skills being arguable useless (carrier skills on non-carriers), they will still provide training opportunities.

Given that CV captains require a very different skill-set, using a non-CV ship to (re)train CV captains wouldn't be fun as it is almost like to play with 0 skill points. This can be OK in T5 and below, but certainly not so much so in higher tiers (where you can get more exp). Also, Graf is not available as well, plus you can't train US/Japan CV captains in a German ship (which has no CV line planned as far as I know).

241 posts
3,347 battles

Now they will offer them in bundle :)    so if you want Cesare you will have to buy 3-4 retarded or silver copy ship with him :)

like they did with Belfast, Kutuzov and before Nikolai, Kamikaze, Grim. and so on :)     

They made OP premium on purpose so they could sell in first and gain great income from it by everyone talking how OP they are than they remove them so you could have it only via special expensive package or via box-is for 1/3/5€ so you buy 100€ box and have 2% chance to get it ..

They are actually very smart and good in taking money :)

• Cool 2

812 posts
7,222 battles

OK, you made a claim, but before believing such a claim, what is the source? Is it credible?

[IDDQD] von_chom
2,971 posts
6,514 battles
44 minutes ago, puxflacet said:

really? i was waiting for prinz eugen 30% sale for so long. i guess i missed that ship then

so far tier 8 never have 30% discount

during the history of WG they made one exemption ( black friday, but only on few selected ships), ONE exemption during 10+ years

you could be waiting forever dude 

117 posts
971 battles

Kinda happy I have got Scharnhorst for almost 45% discount before x-mass.... even though I do not have time/mood to play wows much lately.

[BYOB] Aragathor
1,581 posts
7,170 battles
19 minutes ago, Cime said:

Now they will offer them in bundle :)    so if you want Cesare you will have to buy 3-4 retarded or silver copy ship with him :)

like they did with Belfast, Kutuzov and before Nikolai, Kamikaze, Grim. and so on :)     

They made OP premium on purpose so they could sell in first and gain great income from it by everyone talking how OP they are than they remove them so you could have it only via special expensive package or via box-is for 1/3/5€ so you buy 100€ box and have 2% chance to get it ..

They are actually very smart and good in taking money :)

I think this hits the spot. Instead of offering just the ships + port slot WG will turn towards making bloated bundles which will offer a lot trashy filler to justify an overblown price tag.

5 minutes ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

Kinda happy I have got Scharnhorst for almost 45% discount before x-mass.... even though I do not have time/mood to play wows much lately.

I am very happy that I've spent some serious coin on the Christmas boxes. Now I don't really care about these changes. By doing this WG just hurts new players, who instead of having access to good captain trainers, will be left with a choice of buying a TVIII ship or not buying anything.

And let me tell you removing ships like the Indianapolis or Warspite is just a disservice to the player base.

• Cool 1

[WJDE] Strappster
617 posts
2,725 battles

From the source @WolfGewehr provided ...

• Giulio Cesare: Reduced arming threshold for AP main gun shells to 53mm and for AP shells from secondary battery to 20mm

... because one thing I've thought when playing the GC is that it really needs fewer over-pens against tier 4 opposition. :Smile_amazed:

[SCRUB] Skyllon
1,512 posts
8,979 battles

Absolutely ridiculous marketing decision. People have just spent lot of money during Black Friday and Christmas sales. WG should wait longer and let them recover wallets before going out with this decision (pre summer period would be the best)

• Cool 1