Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lebedjev

Why AA are so weak ? They need to be buff a bit (even it's totally unnecessary) !

17 comments in this topic

[SKRUB]
Players
252 posts
16,263 battles

What 7.7 mm/80 type92 have in commun with 76 mm 34k ?

Spoiler

0 average damage per second

Yes, it's a tier 1 AA, but i did not know AA could be so weak ! So because it's so low, can it be buff a little ? é.è

Also, what is that thing Oleg have and no Bogatyr ? (Green arrow lead the way)

Spoiler

SFg2XVp.jpg

[ONE2]
Players
2,925 posts
17,156 battles

Yupp, just like he said... :cap_cool:

BTW, torpedo nets are purely decorations in this game. They have no effect whatsoever. Even in real life they only could be used, if the ship was stationary and even then they were never very effective in catching anything except perhaps some drifting seaweed. This is why they were later removed from all ships. :Smile_smile:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Some of the lower tier BBs have the torp net too.

Prince Albert or whatever you can it, the T3 German BB clearly shows hers off.

Players
5,712 posts
7,061 battles

I think the Hermelin has dual-purpose main battery. Or maybe it had, I don't know. I just remember I laughed when it had better AA rating than most German cruisers up till mid-tier.

[SKRUB]
Players
252 posts
16,263 battles
57 minutes ago, von_chom said:

1) they have zero AA, because thy cannot meet CV

Disagree, some T3 ship can meet CV and have none AA...

By 0, i mean the AA turn to be simply a decorative element (I don't said all element should have purpose aka wanawhoknow what was the net thx for that) and poor sailor who will never be able to kill a simple seagle, it's sad. =o

It's kinda like maxim machine gun on Derzki are much better than the DShK on Orlan, probably it's for an obscur balance reason, but i don't know.

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,455 battles
1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Yupp, just like he said... :cap_cool:

BTW, torpedo nets are purely decorations in this game. They have no effect whatsoever. Even in real life they only could be used, if the ship was stationary and even then they were never very effective in catching anything except perhaps some drifting seaweed. This is why they were later removed from all ships. :Smile_smile:

Here is an idea!

Replace them with fishing nets! Then your Battleship could catch some fresh fish on its way to the warzone! 

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,925 posts
17,156 battles

Oh yeah @konean, that is true. There could be an air threat with a suitably arranged fail division and a tier 3 game... :etc_red_button::cap_rambo:

Hmmm, wouldn't it theoretically be possible to end up in tier 4 game as well then... Tier 1&2 division... :cap_hmm:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,455 battles
6 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Oh yeah @konean, that is true. There could be an air threat with a suitably arranged fail division and a tier 3 game... :etc_red_button::cap_rambo:

Enemy planes spotted! Quickly! Man both the 7.7s! :cap_rambo:

I reccoment we give the Novik the Defensive AA consumable. By default the crew should man only one of the Maxims, when Defensive AA is activated they man both.

Beta Tester
75 posts
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Oh yeah, that is true. There could be an air threat with a suitably arranged fail division and a tier 3 game... :etc_red_button::cap_rambo:

As tier 3 can meet 1 above and 1 below. CV's start at tier 4 a tier 3 Cruiser can happily meet a CV without any fail divisions!

[ONE2]
Players
2,925 posts
17,156 battles

That is indeed true @Loonsbro BUT we are talking about the chances of a tier 1 meeting any planes.:fish_cute_2:

What I always found funny is that pretty much ALL tier 3 DD's have mightily better AA that Fujin, Kamikaze or Shinonome at tiers 5 and 6. The only remarkable weakness of those ships. Hehehe!:Smile_amazed:

Beta Tester
75 posts
Just now, RAHJAILARI said:

That is true @Loonsbro BUT we are talking about the chances of a tier 1 meeting any planes.

Good point :Smile_hiding:saw the bit about the Boggy and thought thats what OP was on about my bad

Players
914 posts
11,130 battles

Ah, good times. TX running away from the rampaging Umikazes...

(back when there was no tier restriction for divs)

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,925 posts
17,156 battles
1 minute ago, AkosJaccik said:

Ah, good times. TX running away from the rampaging Umikazes...

(back when there was no tier restriction for divs)

Heh yeah, once ended up in a tier 4 game with a Mikasa.... What is even more amazing is that I even managed to get 40k+ damage and 1 kill before my inevitable demise. :cap_wander_2:

Beta Tester
4,090 posts
16,540 battles
5 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

What is even more amazing is that I even managed to get 40k+ damage and 1 kill before my inevitable demise.

Probably a lot of russian ships/players on the other team, right?

:Smile_hiding:

Players
1,283 posts
7,458 battles

Torpedo nets were somewhat useful on WWII, according to wikipedia:

"Torpedo nets were revived in the Second World War. In January 1940 the UK Admiralty had the ocean liner Arandora Star fitted out with steel booms at Avonmouth and then ordered her to Portsmouth where she spent three months testing nets of various mesh sizes in the English Channel. The net successfully caught all the torpedoes fired at them and reduced the ship's speed by only 1 knot (1.9 km/h), but in March 1940 the nets were removed. In July the unprotected Arandora Star was sunk by a torpedo, killing 805 people.

Booms and nets were fitted to a few ships in August 1941, and by the end of the Second World War they had been fitted to 700 ships. The nets did not protect the whole of a ship, but protected from 60 to 75 percent of each side. 21 ships so equipped were subject to torpedo attacks while the nets were deployed. 15 ships survived as the nets succeeded in protecting them. The other six were sunk because a torpedo either penetrated a net or hit an unprotected part of a ship."

Sign in to follow this