You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HelldiverGr

Is game broken?

73 comments in this topic

Players
65 posts

Guys after Christmas patch, I get this weird ''HIT'' mark but I do no damage.

A HIT is a HIT right?

No damage to Batlleships, no damage to cruisers in a Batlleship.

I will continue with screenshots....

And I think that this ''BOUNCED'' 410MM cannon shots must stop?

What is a 410mm round that bounces? Is it made out of rubber? It is something that weights some kilos and it doesn't suppose to ''bounce''

unless it hits something like Superman.

• Cool 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,773 battles
2 minutes ago, HelldiverGr said:

What is a 410mm round that bounces? Is it made out of rubber? It is something that weights some kilos and it doesn't suppose to ''bounce''

I feel sry 4 u.

[CATS]
Players
15,915 posts
11,172 battles

You should play more - happened long before.

You should read more - situation was explained when detailed hits were introduced.

• Bad 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
15 minutes ago, HelldiverGr said:

A HIT is a HIT right?

No damage to Batlleships, no damage to cruisers in a Batlleship.

I will continue with screenshots....

You know nothing until you see a 460 mm Yamato shell bounce on a Khabarovsk. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,497 posts
3,883 battles

There's an option in the settings called something like "turn on detailed ribbons".

What this does is gives you a breakdown of how your shots are hitting when they do hit.

There are four categories:

Penetration.

Shatter.

Over Penetration.

Bounce.

In detail:

Pen: Self-explanatory, your shot hit the ship and detonated inside the ship's hull causing the maximum possible amount of damage.

Shatter: Your shot hit the armour of the target and shattered on impact, zero damage. HE still has a chance of starting fires.

Over Penetration: Your shot hit the ship, but went in one side and out the other without detonating inside the ship's hull. Approximately 10% of the expected damage is caused.

Bounce: Self-explanatory, your shot bounced off the armour of the ship. Zero damage.

Bounes happen when the target ship is angling enough to cause the AP shell to be unable to do anything other than skim off the armour, like when you see a stone skimming across a body of water.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
306 posts
6,464 battles
10 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

There's an option in the settings called something like "turn on detailed ribbons".

What this does is gives you a breakdown of how your shots are hitting when they do hit.

Penetration.

Shatter.

Over Penetration.

Bounce.

In detail:

Pen: Self-explanatory, your shot hit the ship and detonated inside the ship's hull causing the maximum possible amount of damage. Not entirely true: a normal penetration deals 33% of maximum AP damage. Full damage is only on citadel hits

Shatter: Your shot hit the armour of the target and shattered on impact, zero damage. HE still has a chance of starting fires.

Over Penetration: Your shot hit the ship, but went in one side and out the other without detonating inside the ship's hull. Approximately 10% of the expected damage is caused.

Bounce: Self-explanatory, your shot bounced off the armour of the ship. Zero damage.

Bounes happen when the target ship is angling enough to cause the AP shell to be unable to do anything other than skim off the armour, like when you see a stone skimming across a body of water.

• Cool 1

Players
1,497 posts
3,883 battles
5 minutes ago, Damanta said:

Not entirely true: a normal penetration deals 33% of maximum AP damage. Full damage is only on citadel hits.

Which is why I said

16 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

maximum possible amount of damage.

Meaning "the maximum amount of damage possible, depending on where you penned the ship".

I didn't want to overcomplicate my explanation, as citadel penetrations are given their own ribbon separate from the 'HIT' ribbon anyway.

• Cool 1

Players
65 posts
30 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Penetration.

Shatter.

Over Penetration.

Bounce.

In detail:

Pen: Self-explanatory, your shot hit the ship and detonated inside the ship's hull causing the maximum possible amount of damage.

And what excactly am I saying in the post?

1st :I have it enabled (ofcourse) being one of the first players of WoWs',

2nd: Pen: self-explanatory but NOT damage at all. This is what I am saying....

And as for the others replying here that feel sorry for me, (thanks I do not need your sympathy, I needed your help)

And as for the ''READ more'' solution :Thanks so much m8, I didn't knew what reading is you have been so helpfull...

Players
1,497 posts
3,883 battles

@HelldiverGr

To be fair, you didn't use "Pen" in your opening post.

56 minutes ago, HelldiverGr said:

A HIT is a HIT right?

You used "hit", which implied to me you weren't using detailed ribbons.

You also have hidden your number of battles played, so I have no idea how long you've been playing.

So, what you're saying is, you got a full penetration, but the game didn't pop with the little numbers telling you how much damage you did?

Not something we can sort out in the forums, I'm afraid, better contact support.

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,441 posts
6,517 battles
7 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

You also have hidden your number of battles played, so I have no idea how long you've been playing.

He has a pretty sizeable number of games (over 5k), but is unsuprizingly quite bad in all of them (averaging around and slightly less than 50% on most ships) and mostly only on medium tiers

• Angry 1

[W-C]
2,441 posts
6,517 battles
Just now, HelldiverGr said:

So you judging my stats while I want an answer in that issue? People are so mean this days...

No...That was to answer the other guy. You already got your answer and it was pretty good, but despite that you somehow refused to accept it. I didn't mean to be mean, but then again you aren't any different

• Bad 1

Players
65 posts

Ok admin/ moderator please LOCK this topic, I will not find an answer here (obiously). And sorry for posting anyway.

On 1/16/2018 at 3:58 PM, domen3 said:

He has a pretty sizeable number of games (over 5k), but is unsuprizingly quite bad in all of them (averaging between 45 and 50% on most ships) and mostly only on medium tiers

UNSUPRISINGLY BAD???

I have hidden stats, so you ve found them AND you judging me?

Edited 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to naming and shaming 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[W-C]
2,441 posts
6,517 battles
On 1/16/2018 at 4:03 PM, HelldiverGr said:

Ok admin/ moderator please LOCK this topic, I will not find an answer here (obiously). And sorry for posting anyway.

Btw sometimes you'll get pens on parts of the ship that have their own HP (such as secondaries), which will not damage the ship itself

On 1/16/2018 at 4:04 PM, HelldiverGr said:

UNSUPRISINGLY BAD???

I have hidden stats, so you ve found them AND you judging me?

Edited 

vector-whatever-guy-meme-face-any-design

Maybe be nicer and you'll also get nicer answers

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,039 posts
3,365 battles

Zero damage penetrations happen when you penetrate a section of the ship that has reached its damage threshold.

Basically, you've destroyed everything there is to destroy in that part of the ship, hitting it again is just going to shuffle the twisted wreckage around.

You just have to aim for less damaged parts of the ship.

• Cool 1

Players
65 posts

My fault. Of course....

On 1/16/2018 at 4:07 PM, Uglesett said:

Zero damage penetrations happen when you penetrate a section of the ship that has reached its damage threshold.

Basically, you've destroyed everything there is to destroy in that part of the ship, hitting it again is just going to shuffle the twisted wreckage around.

You just have to aim for less damaged parts of the ship.

In a full HP ship? I am talking about my first shots of the game towards an untouched/ un damaged ship. But hey! Thanks for at least trying.

On 1/16/2018 at 4:06 PM, domen3 said:

Maybe be nicer and you'll also get nicer answers

Still judging me? Look friend, I am playing online since the dawn of multiplayer games.. Also being instructor in virtual squadrons for many years as long as a moderator forum admin. Please... Just leave it.

Thanks for your replies.

NOT thanking you for judging me AND for puting my stats on air WHILE I have them hidden.

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,526 posts
14,976 battles

Hheh, @HelldiverGrdude it (stats checking and such) happens all the time though it perhaps shouldn't dominate the conversation. But there was some useful advise also. Please, turn on the detailed ribbons thingy in the settings. It does help a lot in terms of selecting the correct ammo against different targets. You can always check the results in the after-battle screen and see, which ships are bouncing, which are shattering and so on. :Smile_smile:

In principle, AP tends to bounce /even the heavy ones), if the target is bow-on towards you, so in those situations use HE instead and aim for the superstructure. Use AP on targets who present a broadside, though distance affects results. You can expect more bounces and shatters, if your target is higher tier that you are and you generally have to be suicidally close before getting any pens of citadels (generally less than 10km). Long distance shelling works better, if the target is lower tier than you, but not always. :cap_old:

I am not a big fan of the bounce mechanics myself, as I feel it is totally artificial, but there you are, that's how the game works for now at the least so we just have to learn it. Angled targets tend to bounce stuff, so take that into account and you'll be allright.:cap_yes:

[KAKE]
Players
1,039 posts
3,365 battles
13 minutes ago, HelldiverGr said:

In a full HP ship? I am talking about my first shots of the game towards an untouched/ un damaged ship.

You didn't mention this.

But as domen3 mentions, you can also have struck a part of the ship with a separate HP pool.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

No number of battles under the profile pic not shown = hidden account, usual sign of a potato

410mm shells = IJN BB

Senseless complaining = typical sign of a new player or potato

So answer to every problem you have is: learn to play

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,233 battles
9 hours ago, HelldiverGr said:

In a full HP ship? I am talking about my first shots of the game towards an untouched/ un damaged ship. But hey! Thanks for at least trying.

U hit f.e. a main turret or the barbette. If the damage caused is not enough, u will get a penetration ribbon but no damage. If u incapacitate the turret, u will get a symbol for that (but still dealing 0 damage). If u hit the barbette im not sure if u can incapacitate the turret, but u will certainly deal 0 damage. Other modules can be hit aswell like AA/secondaries which deal 0 damage. So it doesnt matter if the ship has 100% health left or only 10%.

Bouncing shells:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gunnery_%26_Armor_Penetration#Armor-Piercing

If Armor * 14,3 < caliber then it will get overmatched beyond autobounce. F.e. Hipper (27mm bow armor) can tank a Bismarck (381mm caliber) bow on without getting damage to the hull. But he cant tank a Nagato (410mm) f.e. as 27x386,1 is less than 410mm, so it will get overmatched thus dealing penetration damage, or even continueing to hit the citadel.

• Cool 1

Players
65 posts

Ok but the point of this is pure frastration right? I mean it is fictional, just a rule of the game. It is developed to be like this. So our shots are as random as our teams.

shot-18_01.16_16_42.10-0290.jpg.8d542ba2e09e9ca85d895a46a6b13e9b.jpgshot-18_01.16_16_42.17-0561.jpg.5d5829095fea9a13e7caf40debfac5b5.jpgshot-18_01.16_16_42.23-0231.jpg.a59d3916a179def2e7df4141658b8ccf.jpgshot-18_01.16_16_42.44-0908.jpg.c3e808e09dc66b0f2cc3b34b76f20d9f.jpgshot-18_01.16_16_43.25-0148.jpg.5804bb46c441ce1be6bb503190563a46.jpg