Sign in to follow this  
ABED1984

"Sleeping Giant" AKA "Cap if you dare"

6 comments in this topic

[TR]
Players
1,152 posts
33,945 battles

The moment I saw this map I knew it will be a death sentence to destroyers that are fool enough to rush into caps especially the left one.

MrAXbps.jpg

[CATS]
Players
19,386 posts
12,208 battles

The left cap is a disaster.

Caps are too blocked off from each other. Bad for teamplay.

BB have to stay back if they want to support the middle and right cap. That does not encourage BB to lead the charge.

Standard tactic will be going middle-right with BB probably going just to the right side.

[TR]
Players
1,152 posts
33,945 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

The left cap is a disaster.

Caps are too blocked off from each other. Bad for teamplay.

BB have to stay back if they want to support the middle and right cap. That does not encourage BB to lead the charge.

Standard tactic will be going middle-right with BB probably going just to the right side.

Yup, the left one is a suicide. Radar CAs and hydro will cover the whole area and there aren't a way out that easy.

Players
3,918 posts
7,547 battles

Looks like a map that will heavily favour a team with an extra DD, A being basically a free cap for them.

Tactics?  My guess is push hard through C and try to pin the red team behind A.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,263 posts
16,421 battles

Left cap is the only cap from which cruisers can safely give AA cover to capping ships.

And that's only if they spec into range + AFT and waste their time hiding behind the big islands.

The other two caps are free hunting zones for CVs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Players
4,159 posts
9,245 battles

I think this is an interesting map. A map not suitable for rushers may not be a bad thing. The left cap may remain neutral for a while as both entrances might be fought over first. To rush it is to take a risk, you'd have to see what ships are in the other team.

The middle one reminds me a bit of Fault Line, which I think is a very good map.

The right one seems like th easiest to cap early on. The left one seems like high risk, but a secured cap if you can keep both entrances secured by supportive fire and spotting. Spotting a ship once inside left cap seems to not be of much use anyway, hard to shoot into that cap unless one of both entrances have been secured.

I'm not a map expert and even though I like reading maps (and I certainly like unique and interesting maps, even if not very balanced all over) I'd probably need to actually play it and see how it develops. Looking forward to trying this one out :Smile_great:

Sign in to follow this