You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
charley_harman

Geting Free XP fast

30 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
763 battles

I'm trying to find new ways to get free XP quickly in the game, with out spending any money. in most matches i am able to make about 50 free XP using premiums ships such as the hood. which means it is going to take me ages to get to the nelson. any ideas on how I, or others can improve out Free XP gain? thanks

[SCRUB]
Players
3,617 posts
12,074 battles

Signal flags and/or camouflages.

If you have few of those that give extra Free XP, use them on only with the daily bonus and on ships you reliably perform well with.

Players
4,389 posts
8,016 battles

- Always pick flag containers. You will get Papa-Papa (+300% Free XP) at some point

- Combine aka stack flags and camo that give XP Boni.

- Play different ships, to get the daily win bonus - will effect Free XP also.

- Use the flags on ships what you are comfortable with

- Save flags and camos with good Boni for times, when there are +200% Daily Win Boni.

Players
3,940 posts
7,548 battles

Play the PT server, pick up the special flags and premium time, mix those with premium XP camoflage and the regular XP flags and you can make quite a few thousand per game.

[NWP]
Players
6,314 posts
7,398 battles

Try to go for Flag Containers or if u feel lucky then TYL Containers. 1. might give u XP-Flags or PapaPapa for extra FreeXP. 2nd might get u a Supercontainer which can contain large amounts of FreeXP. And if it fails, sometimes u get 750 FreeXP of 4 flags which might also be PapaPapa.

Other than that: Do as many Missions as possible which gets u flags/Camos. Sometimes using 100% XP-Camo is better than the Permanent Camo from Premium ships (dont know which Hood has?)

Also advance in the Campaigns, Yamamoto gives u supercontainers f.e. Finished the NC-Collection today and got 2x10k FreeXP from the chrismat boxes u get for completing the collections.

Other option is to play ranked, u get flags from there ( i think u get Papapapa aswell?)

[H_FAN]
Players
2,231 posts
30,722 battles
1 hour ago, charley_harman said:

I'm trying to find new ways to get free XP quickly in the game, with out spending any money. in most matches i am able to make about 50 free XP using premiums ships such as the hood. which means it is going to take me ages to get to the nelson. any ideas on how I, or others can improve out Free XP gain? thanks

Problem is that you say any money!

Buy a month of premium time and u increase your freexP by 50% and play much, if you skip one beer or work a token amount of minutes .. you have a month. Set a prize of your time!

[BYOB]
Players
3,766 posts
15,190 battles

You can also play Operations, they have a better fXP payout than standard games.

Especially good with premium ships, premium time, and signals.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,359 posts
12,012 battles
14 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You can also play Operations, they have a better fXP payout than standard games.

Especially good with premium ships, premium time, and signals.

Ah, i didn't know that about operations. Thanks for the heads up. Might come in handy one day.

Remember free XP is always a calculation of base xp. So i'd recommend you to play the ship in which you're best in. Stuff that one up with as much relevant cammo and signals as you can and play your utmost best, like you'd do in a regular match. If you're too focused in "I must have XP!" you'll lose focus of the match too much. That goes for the missions as well for that matter. What I did when I pushed for Missouri was taking out Tirpitz a lot. I won the free xp cammo on it. T is my favorite ship in wows and I feel really comfortable playing it. As nuts as it might sound, T8 was/ is for me a sweet spot to harvest XP. Most of the times I'll be out tiered. So the more xp (and credit) income for me. There are really not much T10 boats that scare me in Tirpitz. The CV's, the Khaba and nowadays I guess the Conqueror (wasn't there back then). 15k free xp matches weren't that uncommon (in 100% xp daily wins of course).

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,122 posts
27,647 battles
1 hour ago, charley_harman said:

in most matches i am able to make about 50 free XP using premiums ships such as the hood

50 FXP a game in the Hood means you play co op, you need to play Random to make good FXP using flags and perm camos. 

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

free xp is 5% of total xp earned that game. so various camos+signals can boost that significantly. and you combine that with signals that boost free xp gain.

also play higher tier cause higher tier gives you more base xp per game.

Players
934 posts
4,297 battles

Camo, signals and premium ships like the Anshan and HSF Graf Spee that have standard camo which gives +100% free xp.

[TIPC]
Players
409 posts
18,032 battles

free xp is 5% of total xp u gain in a Batlle.

example:5% of 1000 xp= 50fxp

the free xp flags multiply this 50fxp..

now u will get more free xp if u put those signals(papa papa/ouroboros) in ships that u are grinding and put on them camos.xp flags.daily bonus xp and if u have premioum account..

example lets say u are grinding a ship with all those above..u gain 10000xp total in a battle free xp will be:

10000 5%=500fxp with papa papa and ouroboros will be:

500 + 3*500+500*7.77=5885fxp

[HOO]
Players
2,188 posts
5 hours ago, iJoby said:

50 FXP a game in the Hood means you play co op, you need to play Random to make good FXP using flags and perm camos. 

I was thinking the same, in which case don't waste the flags and camo's, in COOP your FreeXP gains are so tiny it's a waste multiplying tiny amounts.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
11 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

- Save flags and camos with good Boni for times, when there are +200% Daily Win Boni.

Daily win bonuses won't increase your gain from signal flags an camouflages.

Edited by SeeteufeI

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles

We could have it done normally if WG would be fair and give us solo Papa-Papa flags to buy in shop like they have it on NA and RU and probably Asia - another thing that EU get spoil with ..  

• Cool 1

[TR]
Players
1,152 posts
34,069 battles

Buy 1000 free xp flags and camos and mount them on Missouri or other high tier prem ship and get premium account.

[-I-N-]
Beta Tester
2,278 posts
7,323 battles
5 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

Buy 1000 free xp flags and camos and mount them on Missouri or other high tier prem ship and get premium account.

Guy has 121 random battles. How many high tier premium ships do you think he has? Or how well would he perform in them if he had any?

[TR]
Players
1,152 posts
34,069 battles
1 minute ago, Picafort said:

Guy has 121 random battles. How many high tier premium ships do you think he has? Or how well would he perform in them if he had any?

Didn't know that.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,250 posts
13,196 battles
1 hour ago, ABED1984 said:

He said 'without spending any money'.

My suggestion - if above ones are not good enough - is to find sponsor. :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
4,687 posts
20,337 battles

Didn't know that.

It s under his profile, is 300 now. But 50 free XP is normal when you re a beginner and play without premium, camos and flags, with low-mid tier silver ships.

[-I-N-]
Beta Tester
2,278 posts
7,323 battles
6 minutes ago, 22cm said:

It s under his profile, is 300 now.

That is the combined amount of random and coop battles. I ignored the latter and checked for his randoms.

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles

where you can buy 1000 "free xp"/Papa-papa +300% freexp flags ??