You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
svadilfari

tired of abysmal players and MM

58 comments in this topic

[AXIS]
Players
697 posts
10,123 battles

the average player skill level is in free fall. it used to be mostly weekends and events but the last few weeks have been just painful.

i dont expect mid tier noobs with 1000ish games to be any good, but these days, high tier gameplay is pure torture when you´re playing solo.

now let´s be realistic. there´s abolutely nothing we can do to improve the average player´s skill.  90% of players are potatoes, nothing´s gonna change that. the real problem lies entirely with wargaming for their completely random MM. i´ve lost 90% of games today, always being the top XP retard, sometimes with 50% more base XP than the 2nd one.

what the &"$!& is this? how hard can it be to introduce some sort of skill based MM system?

if that´s too much effort (for whatever made up reason), how about rewarding the top 3 players on the losing team same as if they´d won?

i honestly think that would alleviate much of the frustration somewhat decent players have to deal with.

• Cool 6

[NWP]
Players
4,322 posts
6,214 battles

I think the best option is to not play solo. Basicly what u said yourself.

But currently i think its the missions what makes ppl play to the absolute worst. Since the 5th stage of NC-Campaign its been horrible. And i can understand when u play solo, your options are limited. I think if i would play solo, id try to hang on to a division, hoping they are somewhat decent, utilizing each other kinda.

Best example today when we played Moskva/Hindenburg division. ANd we got OMNI ElegantDeDk (however he continues, cant remember^^) and Ivath in enemy team - and our team went instantly "Ok its lost". We told them, its certainly not and better change your attitude.

Yep we won, coz our team worked well together. Not too many ppl made stupid moves. Had to check afterwards if they were streaming and watched the Video - they were making fun of our lemmingtrain on Loop to A and how they would farm us soon... well, we farmed them.

• Cool 1

Players
204 posts
329 battles

That's why you should play ranked and forget about rewards. Get to rank #15 to get the flag and it's up to you, if you want to try higher or just use that game mode to haw a better experience. 

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,577 battles

How would you win more with a skill based MM? You're just in streak of bad luck.

On a side note... the longer you play the game, the more you will experience bad players. ..until you grow old and your skills fade that is.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
450 posts
5,505 battles
6 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

How would you win more with a skill based MM? You're just in streak of bad luck.

On a side note... the longer you play the game, the more you will experience bad players. ..until you grow old and your skills fade that is.

- playing without a skill based MM causes insanity
- the longer you play without, the more insanity you get
- until you go completely insane or die

How are my self-doctored half-truths with or without relevance to you? Seemed to work well for ya

Players
1,554 posts
13,419 battles
1/15/2018 o 21:20, nimlock napisał:

That's why you should play ranked and forget about rewards. Get to rank #15 to get the flag and it's up to you, if you want to try higher or just use that game mode to haw a better experience. 

*edited*

*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,002 posts
24,078 battles
9 minutes ago, ammattimies said:

- playing without a skill based MM causes insanity
- the longer you play without, the more insanity you get
- until you go completely insane or die

How are my self-doctored half-truths with or without relevance to you? Seemed to work well for ya

No, should the good player be rewarded with crap?

There have been endless threads of this, random is random....

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
19 godzin temu, svadilfari napisał:

the average player skill level is in free fall. it used to be mostly weekends and events but the last few weeks have been just painful.

i dont expect mid tier noobs with 1000ish games to be any good, but these days, high tier gameplay is pure torture when you´re playing solo.

now let´s be realistic. there´s abolutely nothing we can do to improve the average player´s skill.  90% of players are potatoes, nothing´s gonna change that. the real problem lies entirely with wargaming for their completely random MM. i´ve lost 90% of games today, always being the top XP retard, sometimes with 50% more base XP than the 2nd one.

what the &"$!& is this? how hard can it be to introduce some sort of skill based MM system?

if that´s too much effort (for whatever made up reason), how about rewarding the top 3 players on the losing team same as if they´d won?

i honestly think that would alleviate much of the frustration somewhat decent players have to deal with.

*edited*

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to discussing sanctions.

Players
1,011 posts
10,333 battles

for those who want skill based matchmaking need to ask themselves a serious question....."AM I really that good of a player?"

For me, no thx. I don't want to face people as good as me or better game after game after game. I enjoy smashing players like the OP.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
4,461 posts
9,768 battles

If you're an above average player, then a skill based MM would by definition reduce your WR to closer to 50%.

• Cool 1

Players
588 posts
4,770 battles

Hes not wrong, the past few weeks have been an exhausting endeavor.

Its at the point where I don't want to play often because I know, if I am not wearing my carry pants, I am in for a bad time. You have to go full tryhard every match just to scrape together a win because if you don't, the game will be decided in the first five minutes as your team gets wiped out with alarming speed.

More and more matches are over because a team dies so fast they run out of points, so fast that you often don't even get the chance to contribute. Maybe SBMM isn't the answer but I sure hope there IS an answer. I'd personally like to see no exp or credits if someone scores below 450 bxp, but that opens up a whole other can of worms as well.

[NWP]
Players
4,322 posts
6,214 battles
48 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Its at the point where I don't want to play often because I know, if I am not wearing my carry pants, I am in for a bad time. You have to go full tryhard every match just to scrape together a win because if you don't, the game will be decided in the first five minutes as your team gets wiped out with alarming speed.

Yep this is very much true. This game is exhausting over time when u actually play for the win. And then u get assholes on your team who sail at the border of map saying " I want to relax"... Go play Coop ffs!

If i would care for nothing, looking at the nice water and islands, shooting once every 2 mins MAYBE, then yep, probably one of the most relaxing games out there :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

MM is completely retarded. You either win in 5 minutes and get no XP and damage, or your team dies out in 5 mintes and you get no XP and damage.

And of course, the moment I accept the f*cking final task that requires you to win a battle, I start getting the worst POS brainless bots on my team EVERY SINGLE GAME.

• Cool 1

Players
151 posts
9,183 battles
2 hours ago, svadilfari said:

how about rewarding the top 3 players on the losing team same as if they´d won?

I do like this idea. :cap_like:

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,342 battles
2 hours ago, nimlock said:

Better playing experience in ranked???? Wow... must be my bad luck that my personal experience with ranked always was "just more competitive potatoes doing the same stupid stuff, but yelling more at other players being even more potatoish then themselves"

• Cool 1

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

Again.

Enterprise with 80xp at the end.

FORCE THOSE MONKEYS TO PLAY AGAINST BOTS, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN MY FRIGGING GAME EVERY TIME?

I swear to God the MM is rigged once you accept some of those missions, there is no other explanation to this.

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
2 hours ago, svadilfari said:

Don't play solo simple as that only people who get pissed are those that think everyone else is to blame for there losing streak , Random is random says it all in the name.

Want nice purple stats team up with like minded players and rofl-stomp as much as you want but this whinging about poor players is getting very tiresome.

Without braindead potato's there would be no unicons and with skill based MM there will be no unicons as everyone would cancel each other out.

If playing solo gets you that worked up you might want to take a break or even quit the game for a bit. 

• Cool 1

Players
204 posts
329 battles
9 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

I swear to God the MM is rigged once you accept some of those missions, there is no other explanation to this.

It's rigged and known truth but you will newer prove it is. Just account it to RNG and stop playing for the day; and another day; and another day...

hsrjRdq.gif

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles
Just now, nimlock said:

It's rigged and known truth but you will newer prove it is. Just account it to RNG and stop playing for the day; and another day; and another day...

hsrjRdq.gif

7 defeats in a row since I accepted it.

100 percent rigged

**** off WG

[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles

Doesn't WoT have some kind of "courageous resistance" thing where if you get some heroic achievement you get treated as a winner even if you are on the losing side? That's all I'd ask for.

• Cool 2

Supertester
2,374 posts
9,556 battles
1 hour ago, waxx25 said:

for those who want skill based matchmaking need to ask themselves a serious question....."AM I really that good of a player?"

For me, no thx. I don't want to face people as good as me or better game after game after game. I enjoy smashing players like the OP.

Also, looking at the toxcicity in LoL or CS:GO, it just doesn't solve anything. It just shifts from "you are bad and should learn to play" to "you are bad and don't deserve to be where I am! If it wasn't for all those shitty teammates, I would already be Gold Platin 3 whatever!".

I'm fine with the way it is. For everything else, we have Clan Wars and ranked.

Also, the old rigged explanation. I love it when people display their utter lack of knowledge about how RNG actually works or what it means.

• Cool 2

Supertester
2,374 posts
9,556 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Doesn't WoT have some kind of "courageous resistance" thing where if you get some heroic achievement you get treated as a winner even if you are on the losing side? That's all I'd ask for.

What would this solve, apart from discenticiving teamplay?

Players
1,205 posts
7,639 battles

I dont expect mid tier noobs with 1000ish games to be any good, but these days, high tier gameplay is pure torture when you´re playing solo.

If it's any consolation, my stats - and they're not great - have taken a complete nosedive over the last month. Despite the fact I am (no, really) a better shot than I was, am mostly playing premium ships and am doing more damage, my Win Rate is now at the lowest it has been since I played for LOLs under the influence of a whole keg of Stella Artois (yohoho!). I have no idea why this is. Maybe the pseudo-RNG generator has got stuck? 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles
10 minutes ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

What would this solve, apart from discenticiving teamplay?

How so? Heroic achievements are those with golden crown around them - like high caliber or kraken. You clearly did your part, your team clearly was the part that let you down. Getting that +50% base XP / Credits that people get for the win would be a reasonable rewards - you did really well, and you got rewarded for it.

Getting sleepy so not sure if I'm explaining this in any sensible way, makes sense to me anyways.

[NWP]
Players
4,322 posts
6,214 battles
7 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

If it's any consolation, my stats - and they're not great - have taken a complete nosedive over the last month. Despite the fact I am (no, really) a better shot than I was, am mostly playing premium ships and am doing more damage, my Win Rate is now at the lowest it has been since I played for LOLs under the influence of a whole keg of Stella Artois (yohoho!). I have no idea why this is. Maybe the pseudo-RNG generator has got stuck? 

Sadly, dealing more damage is not the right indicator. Dealing it to the right target is, and noone can answer that besides u. Focus DDs. If u see a DD spotted within reasonable range, id advise to shoot it. Many ppl nowadays just seem to refuse to shoot em. So if u want to win more, its up to YOU to do it.

• Cool 1