Sign in to follow this  
GBDarkAngel

Is this Abuse common?

25 comments in this topic

Players
26 posts
1,381 battles

I am a new player but i have noticed the amount of abuse on this game can be way off the chart sometimes.

Is this common?

This was a screen shot from earlier. 

How are these players allowed to continue?

*edited*

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming & Shaming

[FMP]
[FMP]
Players
71 posts
7,160 battles

Going to take care of that. Well this game like any other has toxic part of society.

• Cool 1

Players
26 posts
1,381 battles
6 minutes ago, Ichikun98 said:

Going to take care of that. Well this game like any other has toxic part of society.

I realize its pretty much everywhere but i was a little bemused it was so rampant on a Free game.

[-YR-]
Players
48 posts
3,245 battles

Unfortunately this is common and expect it every game. Also expect to get messages after the battle has finished with further insults :) Report, Block and Black List and forget they even exist.

• Cool 1

[FMP]
[FMP]
Players
71 posts
7,160 battles

Thats one way of doing things. Or you can ignore that and just keep on sailing. Its like walking down the road and listening to someone saying "*edited*!" xD

*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Players
1,670 posts
16,693 battles

This isn't the worst I have seen in this game (sadly :Smile_sad:). You can mute the player: Hold 'Tab', right-click the player name (hold 'Ctrl' to see the mouse cursor if needed), select 'Disable chat messages'.

If you see worse stuff like death threats and similar you can contact WG's support (top of this page). Show them your screenshot and a replay if you have it.

Please remove your screenshot or hide the player's name because naming and shaming is forbidden in the forum rules.

[AKI]
Players
80 posts
16,370 battles
4 minutes ago, Ichikun98 said:

Thats one way of doing things. Or you can ignore that and just keep on sailing. Its like walking down the road and listening to someone saying "Kuuurwaaaa!" xD

Ichi, get your clanmembers in line will you c:

On another note, you'll find a lot of salty players. They are just tired of getting noob teams, you know, the kin that just doesn't seem to know how to play. Easiest thing to do is right klick their name and press ignore player. ^^

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
738 posts
17,404 battles
1/15/2018 o 19:17, GBDarkAngel napisał:

I am a new player but i have noticed the amount of abuse on this game can be way off the chart sometimes.

Is this common?

*edited*

No, this abuse is not amusing but having checked your stats there is something wrong, 12k average on edinburgh is too low...  Perhaps your poor play is attracting this abuse, stay away from high tiers and better try improving in coop before attempting randoms where you are a burden to your team that is expecting something more than this.  Tier 8 is very demanding but even 27k on ID is also very low for a no skill HE spamming battleship. :)

There are many players, even in  tier x, that should actually be playing coop instead of randoms.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[DAVY]
Players
604 posts
8,597 battles

Is this common?

*edited*

Don´t mind him mate. He´s toxic like hell. As usual 

[COMA]
Players
277 posts

Any game with performance stats has those:

Spoiler

4E6952F18A8E7B40BC7DC67FB5794175397637D7tumblr_mvap93nedv1sg4fvdo1_400.gifhearthstone-gif-7.gif

So you got those kind of people:

OmIx9yh.gif

Spoiler

And lets not forget politics:

Congress_meem.jpg

So have some "thought candy" instead before judging:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
934 posts
4,262 battles
3 hours ago, GBDarkAngel said:

I realize its pretty much everywhere but i was a little bemused it was so rampant on a Free game.

If anything it's going to be worse on a free-to-play game because if an account is banned, there's nothing to stop someone from creating a new one and carrying on being as toxic as you were before. Players who put money into the game have more to lose but then they're often less salty as a consequence because they've got something they value at stake.

If you want to see some real vitriol, play a game like CoD on console. I've never received so many messages informing me of what my mother's been getting up to in her social life. The voice messages are even funnier - I don't think I received a single one where the sender's voice had broken.

[AAO]
Beta Tester
118 posts
4,188 battles

With stats like that no wonder. I wouldn't want to play with you either tbh.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
738 posts
17,404 battles
11 minutes ago, Skiie said:

With stats like that no wonder. I wouldn't want to play with you either tbh.

Yep, it's like one of those bb players that sit at 30km away all the time spamming shells into nowhere just to finish the match unscathed and wondering why the team died.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
836 posts

U get hurled abuse at for anything u do or don`t do.

U are this and that for no reason or any reason.

U get negrepped for any and no reason.

But one good thing is that wows is less toxic than wot.

Sure, I`ve had my flaming at teams. But I don`t hurl abuse at them, whish them cancer etc etc.

[AAO]
Beta Tester
118 posts
4,188 battles
32 minutes ago, tsounts said:

Yep, it's like one of those bb players that sit at 30km away all the time spamming shells into nowhere just to finish the match unscathed and wondering why the team died.

This is the case of yoloing. His survival rate is 15% and avg dmg is less then a monkeys.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,958 posts
8,631 battles

Is this common?

*edited*

Nah, this is not abuse.

Players
1,737 posts
4,447 battles

Why is everyone going on about his/her stats?

That's not what (s)he's asking about. (S)He's asking about the toxicity of the in-game chat.

:Smile_facepalm:

In my experience, things don't tend to get really bad. However I have blocked a person (?) who started throwing racial and religious slurs around.:Smile_amazed:

Occasiaonally, if I'm having a bad day I can get a bit salty myself, although I do try to avoid calling anyone names any more extreme than 'idiot' or 'moron'. I did call someone an ***hole in Ranked the other day because he was bragging that he got to keep his star while the rest of our team lost theirs. :Smile_sceptic:

He was so offended he actually took the time to PM me and call me a whore!:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Captain_LOZFFVII
  • Cool 1

[JUNK]
Players
52 posts
7,206 battles

Is this common?

*edited*

Yea sadly every community in f2p games has some toxic players :/ 

It's quite common at least in my games. But don't worry there are also nice players to play with! 

Spoiler

This thread went from a simple question to stats shaming... 

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,570 battles
6 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Why is everyone going on about his/her stats?

That's not what (s)he's asking about. (S)He's asking about the toxicity of the in-game chat.

:Smile_facepalm:

The thing is though that the two aren't entirely unrelated. Playing badly simply tends to cause other players to call you out for playing badly and particularily players with a short fuze or those who had a string of really bad games tend to lash out (been there, done that myself though I typically keep that in our clan TS). Sometimes (read: usually) that calling out comes with less than charming words (my rants in TS typically involve a lot of superlatives around the concept of stupidity).

Not yoloing straight into the enemy guns and sinking without having done anything useful helps a great deal in not getting raged at.

Of course there's people who're going to be douchecanoes no matter how well you do, but by simply not playing horribly you can reduce the amount of negative attention you're given substantially!

• Cool 2

Players
1,282 posts
7,450 battles

I really enjoy those arseholes. Specially when the insults comes from the enemy, it's like music for my ears (like saying "You re very good, you sunk me, nice played")

[DAVY]
Players
2,605 posts

Is this common?

*edited*

Nothing new there with this character...well known for this sort of thing in WOT and WOWS...I would go as far to say that this was mild compared to his usual stuff. :Smile_Default:

[SM0KE]
Players
3,287 posts
8,450 battles

Report (I *always* make time to report homophobia, racism, misogyny etc; the rest I personally generally worry less about), block and move on.

Almost certainly has a tiny willy, so not worth your time worrying about.

BTW as others have said, the OP is 'naming and shaming'; if you want to post stuff like this, use some sort of image editor to redact the user names (GIMP isn't a bad freebie one).

• Cool 2