Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Trap Map - Rework

15 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
3,369 posts
9,030 battles

26841167_1998074650518872_70642119868505

From WoWS DEV FB:

"Changed the "Trap" map for tier VIII-X battles: battle zone is decreased, but all of the distinctive features remain and all combat ranges are usable."

What do you guys think?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

This seems to leave more options for flanking and manoeuvring which is always nice. However these changes probably mean the end of this map's pretty unique 'funnel' gameplay where one team would win either one of the caps on the flanks and then have to do a massive win-or-lose push into the middle cap while the other team defends it to the death. Most of the best large scale engagements I've had in this game were in this map's center cap zone.

IMO this map didn't need any changes. It was fine and fun as it was. The only changes I would have personally made was to offer some more protection along the routes to the southern cap, and to put some islands on the west and Southern sides of that cap zone to give the cruisers a better odds there. 

[TTT]
Players
4,576 posts
8,062 battles

while I agree with Sander that Trap wasnt in desperate need of a rework (nowhere near as bas as Tears of Horsemanure at least), this does look interesting as well - I'll take it :)

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

I don't have anything against this rework - other than the fact that the map doesn't need a rework at all.

Most important principle of fixing things should be: only fix things that are broken. This map isn't, just leave it as it is.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
6,305 posts
7,389 battles

C Cap seems better balanced now when spawning in the south.

But A Cap is even more useless now, was the coward cap always IMO. I hate it when ppl go there and sit all game long doing nothing. I Rarely ever see anything coming good out of it when some go to A. Either they die or they are too slow to help at B. Even when spawning south its very easy to shoot into B.

• Cool 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,683 posts
7,111 battles

C cap seems much better this way. Less battleships going around the big island and being useless for 5 minutes.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,329 posts
16,508 battles
16 minutes ago, peachpest said:

But these changes no longer mean B is a "Trap"

...True.

R5p9G94.gif

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

Omg, those islands around B have finally some space in case something forced you to turn and go behind them, yesssssssssssssss!

People probably will just use that to camp from there though, but hey.

[HOO]
Players
2,187 posts

Trap was OK before, the gaps in the B islands will be nice though.

The problem with the current map is lousy tactics with cowardly people camping endlessly at A, I almost wish they would make the A islands smaller to force the BB campers away from there, maybe reduce the height of the islands dramatically.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,578 posts
13,859 battles

Better and fairer islands for C!

Unsure about the changes to B. On the one hand ships will no longer vanish and be useless behind the big isles for 2 minutes, on the other hand this also means that pushes for B are much harder to do because you can still get flanked even if you managed to push the enemy out of C or A.

And no changes to A? Like the D cap on North, the A cap on Trap is one of the mystic Bermuda triangles of WoWs. Ships large and small go there only to be never heard of again...

[AAO]
Beta Tester
118 posts
4,193 battles
13 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

while I agree with Sander that Trap wasnt in desperate need of a rework (nowhere near as bas as Tears of Horsemanure at least), this does look interesting as well - I'll take it :)

But tears of crap is getting a rework...

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
15 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

C cap seems much better this way. Less battleships going around the big island and being useless for 5 minutes.

Oh, my sweet summer child. They'll go around the new island behind C now.

Sign in to follow this