You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Favuz

Missouri or Musashi?

54 comments in this topic

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
10 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Possibly caused be the trapping of the radar, since having it encourages you to get closer to the action (in the attempt to get within range to use it), which in turns means you draw more attention and focus fire. Plus people who know about the Missouri radar are also more likely to focus it compared to an Iowa that doesn't have radar.

That might be true.

Maybe the high expections regarding this ship one has play a role as well. The amount of positive feedback and how it is written sometimes suggests that the Mighty Mo is the super uber ultra BB at tier IX which it really isn't. It is A BB, but not THE BB.

Players
4,487 posts
9,433 battles
9 hours ago, radius77 said:

The bad thing for WoWs that comes with MightyMo and Musashi is the boredom of matchmaking.

Since both are not only "free" premiums but also much more competitive (read OP) than their tech-tree equivalents they will dominate (in terms of quantity) tier VIII-X matchmaking. It's partially visible even now. A tier IX BB in game ? 2/3 are Missouris. Musashi will make it even worse.

That's the reason why I almost completely quitted WoT. WG greed led to an idiotic game meta where tier VIII, most represented and most important for tiers VI-X matchmaking, was f....ed up by abundance of overpowered premiums. Ppl simply stopped playing tech-tree tanks and it's pretty common that in a 15-tanks team there are 12 premiums. So what's the fun of fighting the same material all and over again.  

For me it was important that I could try the game for free, invest in it if I deeded it worth it or leave the game for a while if I have other things that require my attention.

This game is perfect for sinking in large amounts of time and enjoying it! :Smile_great:

It also looks good, has interesting tech trees and its graciousness with getting the single use camos and signals is really something that I think will make many players stay. The daily crates (especially the 2k xp one) will make people log in and play a few battles each day. And I think people will start playing Missouri less as time goes by and new interesting premiums and credit ships become available.

The thing with overpowered ships is also that about half the time they will be on my team and the other half of the time they will be on the opposite team. I don't mind if one ship is statistically weaker then another, but I think all ships should have at least some challenge. I think only a few ships are straight up no fun to face or make me think the battle is already decided before the timer has run out or you know will probably dominate the game (like when the enemy team has ships like Saipan or Flint).

I have a Missouri, but I don't notice much difference when shooting a Missouri or shooting an Iowa, they both damage just as good and are slow to turn.

And did I mention to just get a Missouri? Get it, do it now! :cap_money:

Players
10 posts
1,893 battles

I dont have a lot of free xp (i kept spending it) so i'd have to pay 70 euros to get the Missouri (converting xp). Is it still worth it or should i just buy other premium ships?

Players
4,487 posts
9,433 battles
On 16-1-2018 at 11:54 PM, Gigikent83 said:

I dont have a lot of free xp (i kept spending it) so i'd have to pay 70 euros to get the Missouri (converting xp). Is it still worth it or should i just buy other premium ships?

This is a good question. Let me try and help you get things into perspective from my point of view. Maybe it will help.

What the Missouri is to me is kinda this:

It's a premium ship at tier 9 that has THE best credit making potential of all ships in the game, it's afaik the only BB with radar in the game, it's one of the very few premium ships with +100% perma camo where most other premium ships have +50% including the Alabama which will cost you about €42.

So in my opinion I could compare Alabama and Missouri as the Missouri being better then Alabama, but also more pricy. The same goes for for example comparing the Alabama with Texas, Alabama will net more credits and XP but Texas is cheaper stil.

Another thing is the amount of free time you have to invest in this game. If you have very little but plenty money, you will want a premium ship that gains the most in the least amount of time. In this case the choice is very simple, take the Missouri!

But in any case, the question is also if you're willing to part with the money in the first place because both ships will cost you quite a deal of money. But going to a bar a couple times will also cost this much and then the money will be gone, right?

So that's how I would kinda look at it. I only had to pay €20 to convert and I might have been able to gain the rest of the FXP but I thought the €20 was a good price anyway and I'm not regretting this :Smile_great:

The only thing I may regret is not having bought Scharnhorst when it was on sale, I didn't know it was going to disappear before it went on sale again, but oh well.