You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Favuz

Missouri or Musashi?

54 comments in this topic

Players
36 posts
5,794 battles

Don't know about Musashi, but yesterday finished my Free Exp grind and got the "Mighty Mo". That ships is so much fun to play! :Smile_teethhappy: Precise main artillery, good AA and a radar to deal with pesky CAs in smoke. Plus it comes with on-board money printing press.:Smile_coin: I only played 3 games, but I already love this ship! Get it while it's still available!.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,772 battles

Missouri, Missouri and Missouri.

A much, MUCH more versatile ship with its speed, stealth, AA protection and accuracy (particularily if you use the Plotting Room Mod.2 for -11% main battery dispersion). Also, the radar is invaluable in its utility.

Musashi is slower, less stealthy, has barely any AA to speak of and the accuracy is meh. No radar on Musashi. The only point in favour for the Musashi is her 460mm guns allowing her to overmatch tier VIII+ BB hulls which the Missouri can't. That makes the Musashi the better ship to handle enemy battleships, but the Missouri is simply better at basically everything else.

Missouri prints credits like mad and whilst it's not currently known if the Musashi will get the same ludicrous credit earn rate you get that credit printing machine guaranteed with the Missouri.

Also, Missouri is about to get removed whereas you're going to have time to grind free XP anew if you really want the Musashi too.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts
2 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

I prefer Missouri cuz she prints credits. However, If you have alot of free xp that you don't know where to spend then get the Musashi.

how much free xp you have that call much ?

AS for  topic , rather go for musashi

[TR]
Players
1,156 posts
34,351 battles
2 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

how much free xp you have that call much ?

AS for  topic , rather go for musashi

Much free xp = 1 million and above.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
13,342 battles
3 hours ago, Favuz said:

Hello guys, 

(...)

Missouri is more versatile BB then Musashi. If you are not a collector, get Missouri - you might not have a chance in the future and Musashi is here to stay for some (I presume rather long) time.

Missouri plays differently (Radar!) and is fun little monster.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
1 hour ago, Taliesn said:

Missouri all the way, just because it will no longer be available soon. Good ship (OP with radar) and prints credits like no other ship too.

You will have plenty of time to get the Musashi later.

Exactly this.

Missouri is nice to play and since you say Silver is an issue, it can be a very big help. We don't know what the Musashi's Silver potential will be as the CC test versions may well not be finalised and could change.

Plus since you will have the Yamato soon by grinding the Izumo some variety makes sense as well if you have any interest in the US BB line.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,857 posts
17,270 battles

Ok i've not bothered to read all the comments..

The Mighty Mo is fun and great credit earner  the Musashi i don't know but have Missouri and will be getting the Musashi on Release (i have almost 1.5mil free XP)

I would go for Missouri for one reason.. Its being taken away and we don't know  if it will ever be back.  Missouri has been around for over one year so we can assume Musashi will be the same. so Get the Mo and start saving for the Musashi

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,857 posts
17,270 battles
1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Hmm... :cap_hmm:Sssoo, is Musashi likewise going to be called the "Mighty MU" then?:cap_haloween:

mu.jpg.20fb309ded7c6cdbd7bc56ecac62d8d5.jpg

hang you head in shame that was 

BAD

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
934 posts
4,365 battles
6 hours ago, SeeteufeI said:

Why shouldn't Musashi print credits too?

If there's anything to the various stories you can find with a quick google, because the Missouri has an extremely generous credit multiplier that's unlikely to be applied to another ship as it's simply too good.

And to echo lots of other posters, Missouri first, there'll be plenty of time to grind xp for the Mushi. I'm about 120k short at the moment and it seems that nearly every container I open has either Frosty Fir camo (+50% free xp among other benefits) or Papa Papa flags (+300% free xp) so WG are giving me every opportunity to get the Mo before the deadline.

I've started thinking about what ship to go for next though and it's probably going to be the Nelson. The armour on that is excellent judging from how often I seem to bounce AP from nearly every angle and I think it'd suit my act-first-think-later approach to BBs.

Players
4,474 posts
9,416 battles

Get a Missouri. My credit problems are gone! And the +100% xp perma camo is fantastic! The only thing is that missouri has a turning circle roughly the size of half a city and even with boosted AA any dedicated torp cv will kill you or severely damage you but the latter disadvantage (if one can call it that) is of not relevant when compared to Musashi anyway.

The only disadvantage for me is that it's a tier 9 and there are no operations for tier 9.

Get a Missouri!

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,362 posts
8,574 battles

As many others have suggested get the MO before it is replaced with the Musashi.

As you're so close to unlocking the Yamato you may as well get the TX version rather than the diluted TIX sister ship.

[BBMM]
Players
934 posts
4,365 battles
10 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

As you're so close to unlocking the Yamato you may as well get the TX version rather than the diluted TIX sister ship.

This is a bit of a sticking point for me too. On the one hand, Yamato is the full-fat ship compared to the semi-skimmed Mushy, on the other the Mushy is a down-tiered Yamato with premium benefits. I'm hoping that it'll stay available for free xp after I've gotten a Nelson but if it's replaced by something else in that time, I won't be too upset.

[KURLA]
Players
4,367 posts
16,858 battles

I believe the multiplier is the same but Missouri will provide a lot more spotting damage which with the same game damagewise should net you both more XP and credits. Yet another advantage of radar.

Players
52 posts
10,105 battles

Missouri all day. From what has been said the Musashi will not have the same credit income, Missouri is a pure credit printer even if  like me ya suck [edited]at BB :Smile_amazed:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,772 battles
4 hours ago, 44smok said:

I believe the multiplier is the same but Missouri will provide a lot more spotting damage which with the same game damagewise should net you both more XP and credits. Yet another advantage of radar.

Except we now know that the mechanics behind spotting damage and its rewards have such miniscule payout that they're basically negligible.

What the Missouri however is probably going to do that results in better overall XP and credit rewards is that her radar and the accurate guns mean you spend more time shooting at and damage destroyers and cruisers which simply pays better than focusing on lolpenning battleships which is essentially the only thing the Musashi will be good at compared to other battleships.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Although I wanted to take the Musashi, I picked up Mighty Mo today (or rather yesterday) to have a better chance to finish the New Year Raid.

Contrary to what people say I am not really impressed to a point that I regret having taken her.

I feels like she receives way more damage than the Iowa and her damage potenial is (just) ok-ish. Radar is really hard to use well in a random team because you either are in no position to use it at all or you won't live long enough to make good use of it. Not to mention that it feels like her deck is made of paper and ignites on sight... 5/7 wins, though so far, so it is not like I am a total failure. She just doesn't seem to reach the praise she gets from all sides and the battles so far weren't really satisfying.

I know, a lot of "feels". Maybe I have to get used to her although I am also grinding the Iowa at the moment.

[SCRUB]
Players
607 posts
6,242 battles
1 hour ago, Tungstonid said:

I feels like she receives way more damage than the Iowa

Radar let apart, Mo is a veeery slightly armor-buffed Iowa, here and there around the cita.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
6 hours ago, PseudoMi said:

Radar let apart, Mo is a veeery slightly armor-buffed Iowa, here and there around the cita.

I am aware of that. However, yesterday she didn't feel that way at all.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,772 battles
3 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

I am aware of that. However, yesterday she didn't feel that way at all.

Possibly caused be the trapping of the radar, since having it encourages you to get closer to the action (in the attempt to get within range to use it), which in turns means you draw more attention and focus fire. Plus people who know about the Missouri radar are also more likely to focus it compared to an Iowa that doesn't have radar.

[-GG-]
Players
263 posts
14,018 battles

The bad thing for WoWs that comes with MightyMo and Musashi is the boredom of matchmaking.

Since both are not only "free" premiums but also much more competitive (read OP) than their tech-tree equivalents they will dominate (in terms of quantity) tier VIII-X matchmaking. It's partially visible even now. A tier IX BB in game ? 2/3 are Missouris. Musashi will make it even worse.

That's the reason why I almost completely quitted WoT. WG greed led to an idiotic game meta where tier VIII, most represented and most important for tiers VI-X matchmaking, was f....ed up by abundance of overpowered premiums. Ppl simply stopped playing tech-tree tanks and it's pretty common that in a 15-tanks team there are 12 premiums. So what's the fun of fighting the same material all and over again.  

• Cool 2