Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Favuz

Missouri or Musashi?

54 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

Hello guys, 

 

As Musashi is coming and Missouri is leaving, i have to make a decision.

 

Currently i have 710k xp, so i'll have one of those two ships, hard thing is deciding which one.

 

I never played a single battle in a US BB, while i'm at the Izumo in JPN (OT: i'm in love with Izumo, don't know why people hate her).

 

So i should naturally choose Musashi, but:

 

- I don't need a command trainer, because i have a 19pt commander.

- I'm 250k xp away from Yamato, who is a better Musashi.

- I Generally don't like Japanese premium BB (who are all downtiered and nerfed versions of silver line).

 

While for the MIssouri:

- I should have to adapt, but i can taste the line flavour without grinding new mexico and colorado.

- I have a 10 point captain to slap in (or a could use a cruiser captain)

- Have a better earning potential (from what i heard), that's very important to me.

 

In my current situation, which ship would you buy? After a couple of days of thinking, i don't have a single reason to buy Musashi instead of Missouri.

The only thing is, since i can't play a lot on the upcoming month, i will probably have to use some doubloons (500-1500) for converting last bit of freeXP, but i don't need to buy them; while for Musashi i'll eventually reach 750k.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,723 posts
7,564 battles
8 minutes ago, Favuz said:

 

 

 

- I don't need a command trainer, because i have a 19pt commander.

 

 

 

 

 

I'll tell you my experience which is that a 19 point commander is not the end game but the start of something big.  You put that guy in your Musashi, put on all the camos and flags that yield commander XP and you start a build up of elite commander Xp.   That is arguably the most valuable currency in the game because you can have a new commander of any ship in any nation bypass the mediocre stages.  I just bought the Tier VIII Pan-Asian DD and moved my 19 point commander to her.  But I like the tier VIII very much and now I have put a 10 point guy who I just recruited in her.  

 

So don't dismiss the notion of getting a great XP earner where you have a 19 point commander already.

 

 

Answering your question:  Despite the above, get Missouri now while you can and get Musashi later.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
1,581 posts
9,361 battles

easy desicion for me, get the Mo before it goes, they both train commanders well (and give elite xp) but the credit earning potential of the Mo plus the decent AA protection makes the difference, yes it has smaller guns, but the USN AP is great and it's got radar...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,088 posts
30,958 battles

I prefer Missouri cuz she prints credits. However, If you have alot of free xp that you don't know where to spend then get the Musashi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles
29 minutes ago, Favuz said:

I should have to adapt, but i can taste the line flavour without grinding new mexico and colorado.

In my experience the ability to angle bow in is the only thing you need to know to play them relatively well.

And trust me NM and Lolorado are different than the TVIII+ ships.

 

PS: Buy the Missouri, it's great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
350 posts
3,426 battles
22 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

 

I'll tell you my experience which is that a 19 point commander is not the end game but the start of something big.  You put that guy in your Musashi, put on all the camos and flags that yield commander XP and you start a build up of elite commander Xp.   That is arguably the most valuable currency in the game because you can have a new commander of any ship in any nation bypass the mediocre stages.  I just bought the Tier VIII Pan-Asian DD and moved my 19 point commander to her.  But I like the tier VIII very much and now I have put a 10 point guy who I just recruited in her.  

 

So don't dismiss the notion of getting a great XP earner where you have a 19 point commander already.

 

 

Answering your question:  Despite the above, get Missouri now while you can and get Musashi later.

 

I don't have a 19 pt japanese captain (Yamamoto is in the izumo at 16 pts). My only 19pt captain is russian and is in the Kutuzov, doing the same thing you suggested. IF i had a 19pt japanese, that would be a point in favor of Musashi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,344 battles

If you didn't get the Missouri now, you would without doubt, regret it. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,526 posts
14,976 battles

For me it will be Musashi OFC, but that is only because I am an IJN fanatic. Otherwise I would have been forced to take the Iowa (oh agony) for my tier 9 BB and put the cook there to captain it (he is now in Des Moines instead). Phew! That was a close shave indeed.:Smile_smile:

 

Reasons? Well, the IJN fetish, + I always wanted to have my Yamato config the same way than Musashi is now (with the mass of 155mm secodaries) + I set myself the rule that all my ships should have historically existed (no paper ships allowed). This is why I have a Des Moines instead of a Zao for my tier 10 Cruiser, it was agony but a choce had to be made. :Smile_sad:

 

Well, admittedly, I do have a few other ships from other countries too, but just the choice ones I happen to fancy for totally irrational reasons.:Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,190 posts
9,379 battles
9 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

I prefer Missouri cuz she prints credits. However, If you have alot of free xp that you don't know where to spend then get the Musashi.

Why shouldn't Musashi print credits too?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
350 posts
3,426 battles
7 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

In my experience the ability to angle bow in is the only thing you need to know to play them relatively well.

And trust me NM and Lolorado are different than the TVIII+ ships.

 

PS: Buy the Missouri, it's great.

 

Well, i'm doing good in the Izumo, i think if i can handle her,  i can handle any high tier BB :Smile_trollface:

 

3 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Why shouldn't Musashi print credits too?

 

Musashi should earn a little less than Missouri. Spotting damage is less (no Radar), planes kills are less (No AA).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,793 posts
15,940 battles

Buy the MO !

no discussion needed everyone who tells you diffrent is a troll or a potato

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,190 posts
9,379 battles
7 minutes ago, Favuz said:

Musashi should earn a little less than Missouri. Spotting damage is less (no Radar), planes kills are less (No AA).

Yet she will most likely print credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,192 battles
44 minutes ago, Favuz said:

Hello guys, 

 

As Musashi is coming and Missouri is leaving, i have to make a decision.

 

Currently i have 710k xp, so i'll have one of those two ships, hard thing is deciding which one.

 

I never played a single battle in a US BB, while i'm at the Izumo in JPN (OT: i'm in love with Izumo, don't know why people hate her).

 

So i should naturally choose Musashi, but:

 

- I don't need a command trainer, because i have a 19pt commander.

- I'm 250k xp away from Yamato, who is a better Musashi.

- I Generally don't like Japanese premium BB (who are all downtiered and nerfed versions of silver line).

 

While for the MIssouri:

- I should have to adapt, but i can taste the line flavour without grinding new mexico and colorado.

- I have a 10 point captain to slap in (or a could use a cruiser captain)

- Have a better earning potential (from what i heard), that's very important to me.

 

In my current situation, which ship would you buy? After a couple of days of thinking, i don't have a single reason to buy Musashi instead of Missouri.

The only thing is, since i can't play a lot on the upcoming month, i will probably have to use some doubloons (500-1500) for converting last bit of freeXP, but i don't need to buy them; while for Musashi i'll eventually reach 750k.

 

 

 

The best option for me is buy the big Mo, before it is gone.

Just get it and let it sit in port.

Parallel, start the US BB line, it comprises of slow BBs at tier 6 and 7 which become faster flankers with excellent concealment after NC.

Mushashi will be there for a while ,so you will probably have time to grind another 750 k free xp.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,422 posts
9,422 battles
15 minutes ago, tank276 said:

The best option for me is buy the big Mo, before it is gone.

Just get it and let it sit in port.

Parallel, start the US BB line, it comprises of slow BBs at tier 6 and 7 which become faster flankers with excellent concealment after NC.

Mushashi will be there for a while ,so you will probably have time to grind another 750 k free xp.

 

Missouri is really unique with its radar. Musashi will never be more than a downgraded Yamato. 

 

Also Missouri is crazy fun with its speed, concealment and accuracy. Not to mention catching cruisers in smoke pants down, when you radar. 

 

The Musashi HSF camo will be great for farming elite xp though, so your 19p cap would profit from that. 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,192 battles
1 minute ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

 

Missouri is really unique with its radar. Musashi will never be more than a downgraded Yamato. 

 

Also Missouri is crazy fun with its speed, concealment and accuracy. Not to mention catching cruisers in smoke pants down, when you radar. 

 

The Musashi camo will be great for farming elite xp though, so your 19p cap would profit from that. 

 

Indeed dude, the only positive I can see in Mushashi is the (rather unlikely ) chance that once in every few games you will be top tier and obliterate Pensacolas, Myokos and stuff.

But it is rather underwhelming to give so much free xp for that scenario.

Will probably give them though, have aroundd 850 free xp and my Yamato cpt is still at lvl 15, not many lines to grind apart from British BBs , Panasians and the 2 CV lines, so ,yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IDDQD]
Weekend Tester
767 posts
7,165 battles

If you have Missy...wait for another Tier 9 premium (maybe DD or CA). Or invest free xp to regular Tier X Ships.

 

If you dont have Missy...get Missy. Its more versatile = fun to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
802 posts
5,388 battles

Get Mighty Missouri first because it will be gone soon. With Musashi, u can easily collect free xp again If you are an active player and can get easily free xp more and Musashi don't have a dead line now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
802 posts
5,388 battles
36 minutes ago, Rokko1v said:

btw do we have a date when the Missouri is gonna vanish yet?

In patch 7.2 near the end of February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONIX]
Players
1,091 posts
9,094 battles

Missouri all the way, just because it will no longer be available soon. Good ship (OP with radar) and prints credits like no other ship too.

 

You will have plenty of time to get the Musashi later.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles
1 hour ago, Favuz said:

Musashi should earn a little less than Missouri.

 

The recent Flamu vid (link below) says different, in that the Musashi earns about the same as other premiums.

In fact WG didn't confirm the extra earnings multiplier when Flamu asked about it. And he himself said that he will need to do a lot of testing to see whether the ship earns extra silver.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles
25 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

 

The recent Flamu vid (link below) says different, in that the Musashi earns about the same as other premiums.

In fact WG didn't confirm the extra earnings multiplier when Flamu asked about it. And he himself said that he will need to do a lot of testing to see whether the ship earns extra silver.

 

 

240k damage and only 800k credits?

That looks a lot less compared to MO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,422 posts
9,422 battles
7 minutes ago, Blixies said:

240k damage and only 800k credits?

That looks a lot less compared to MO.

 

232k damage and 980k credits in MO:

 

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/9009-what-were-your-greatest-gaming-achievements-today/?page=263&tab=comments#comment-2240486

 

Flamu only had 2.2k baseXP though, so no wonder he made less than 700k credits before flags/camo.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×