Admiral_of_the_Navy

Tier7 premium

12 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
92 battles

Hi all!

I am looking to buy a tier 7 premium ship. And cant decide from pick:

Lndianapolis (i dont hear much prais for him) as cruiser or Sims, Leningrad, Blyskawic?

What would you guys suggest what is best to pick? I am aiming to play mostly that premium i buy. Also, i want a ship to be fun to play.. :D

Can you help me :D

p.s.

Should i maybe wait for some other ships on actions? My budget is 8000gold. I could possible add 1000gold more :) But only if realy needed for super fun ship :D

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
50 posts
3,381 battles

Hello AotN

Don't bother; grind one of the main lines first to get some experience understanding the game and its mechanics.  Once you have found a ship type that suits your play style, then ask the same question; id wait until at least c500 ish battles before you make the call.  Spend the gold on some premium time to speed up the process.

I would recommend the German Battleship line as a starter for 10...

Others will agree i'm sure

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

You have 18 battles.

I'll suggest to play at least until you reach the same tier of the premium you want to buy.

Play all classes and buy the premium ship of the class you like more.

Also nation is important; if you play a lot of German BB (example), a Scharnhorst is better than a Mutsu, because you can use the ship for commander retraining (until you have your first 19 point commander, this is important).

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,817 posts
6,919 battles

18 battles, just 9 of those in PvP... So the answer is: no premium ship

If you want a premium t7 DD - at first get one of the silver DD lines to tier 7 so you have at least some clue what to do. Also what British Hedgehog said -> 500 battles as the "startup learning time".

I mean, of course, you could just buy a premium right now, but then my advice would be - just stay AFK, that way you'll actually should have higher WR compared to what you'd get if you immediately started to play at those tiers.

There is a lot to learn in this game, and just because you can throw your wallet at the screen doesn't mean you're qualified to play anything above tier 3.

[CR-S]
Players
370 posts
19,025 battles

You just got your drivers license and want to buy a Ferrari; don´t. Because maybe you will find out that a Land Rover suits your style better.

As others said, gather experience, find out what silver ships you like and buy then the according gold ship. The Indianapolis you mentioned can hit very hard, but can take little in return. May get you you deleted right at the beginning of the match over and over again - frustration incoming. But it is a great ship if you master the Pensacola (the silver-ship similar to Indi):Smile_glasses:

You have a +1 for coming here and asking for advice instead of making mistakes :Smile_honoring:

(I wasn´t that clever when i started in 2015 :cap_book::Smile_facepalm:)

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

Don't buy anything

Players
5 posts
92 battles

Well i discarded indianapolis anyhow. Reviews were kinda not that good towars that ship. However, i will research cruiser-destroyer line, before buying... destroyer. Kinda find them most interesting enough.

Thanks for help.  

[NOCAP]
Players
1,509 posts
15,409 battles

I can recommend the US destroyers for a beginner, US cruisers are good as well. When you get to tier 6 - 7 you will have some more understanding of the game and you will find out if you like the ship lines you play. There is no need to spend money btw, the hard part starts at tier 8 - 9.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,599 posts
6,449 battles

As an actual newbie too, I would agree with what others have said; in PvP, you start facing good players at much lower tiers than you might expect.

Also, once you start playing Tier 5 boats and up, you can face +2 tier opposition (i.e. in your T7, you have to deal with T9 opponents); this is quite an unpleasant experience when you're still new to the game.

If you want some premiums (captain training, and/or extra silver generation), there are some excellent fun ones at lower tier - maybe look at some of them (they cost a lot less too)?

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Indeed like adviced: just hold on for now. If you jump into said tier range premiums now, you'll be very disappointed and be a handicap for your teammates. I wouldn't even recommend a low tier premium in your stage.

I know what I'm talking about. Mentioned it on other posts: I bought Atago way to soon. When I was still at the T4-5 range. Almost made me quit this game in frustration. It was until I got to Myoko and Mogami when i started to appreciate it. now it is one of my favorite premiums.

Just take your time OP in your "starting phase." Good thing you found the Forum. I've learned the vast majority of my skills here. Don't hesitate to ask questions (use the search function first of course). Consensus is: the only one stupid, dumb question is the one not asked. One of my main beginners mistakes was thinking the game would get easier the higher the tier: because those ships are stronger!! I can't stress the oppositness of that thought enough. To quite Flammu: the "no-ness of that idea cannot even be expressed."

Should you want to spend cash and thus help out this game I'd recommend you go for premium account. That'll make life a bit easier in xp grind and credits. If you build up a stock of credits, it's easier to move up the lane. But again: start low, go slow.

Players
204 posts
329 battles

Get a t2 premium and you will be fine for 6 months if you play 2 hours a day max. Or go and buy USS Missouri, because it will become unavailable with patch 0.7.2 and  stick to co-op farming for now. As far as i know all premiums that get removed from shop are WG's gold donkeys makaking them the most money because they newer bother to nerf them so they stay powercreep infused and only aviable for limited time durning the year with a loot crate rng game of some sort. The regular premium pool is usually only good for captain training and mid tier credit sealclobing.

Players
34 posts
2,164 battles

Scharnhorst T7 German BB

Ignore the haters :)

Also they are kinda right start at the bottom and work your way up

P.S Scharnhorst