Sign in to follow this  
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Qs about aerial torpedoes

6 comments in this topic

Players
2,109 posts
15,077 battles

Hi, I don't suppose there is a way to launch aerial torpedoes (or bombs for that matter) into a cloud of smoke, like you would from a ship? If there is not even a target nearby in the open?

And second question, can aerial torpedoes cause incapacitations?

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,740 battles

Yes you can, when you go to tier 6 and higher so you can manual drop.

Yes they can...mostly engines and rudder....sometimes also turrets

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles

t6+ CVs can use Alt to perform manual attacks. t4 & t5 CVs are pretty much useless without them. if you have the free XP - just skip them and start at 6

Players
2,109 posts
15,077 battles

I've already ground the t5 CVs in the Langley and Hosho. Wouldn't want to miss the experience. I am a bad player as it is and skipping tiers has never made me any better ;-) Being limited to "semi-auto" drops has its merits, you can focus on your tactics and goals... It was very frustrating initially because of WG'S abysmal communications, people of course watch the usual YT tutorials and wonder why ALT does nothing. Don't know if they changed it again but you can actually vector the attacks somewhat, even in this auto mode.

Players
1,283 posts
7,481 battles

Besides what others already mentioned I can tell you that aerial torpedoes can even cause detonations. I managed to detonate a fully HP Fuso with Zuiho planes a couple of times.

[NED]
Players
4,357 posts
12,012 battles
21 hours ago, domen3 said:

Yes you can, when you go to tier 6 and higher so you can manual drop.

hush!! Now don't say that darnit!!!! :Smile_teethhappy: I recommend you practicing manual drops in coop first OP. Not much of a CV player myself but I found out those few matches I did with them, it's quite a skill to master.

Oh and I wouldn't call you a bad player. You have IMO better stats than the players with your battle count. One of whom being me...

Sign in to follow this