You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Riggerby

Finally got a supercontainer.....

33 comments in this topic

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
160 posts
1,479 battles

Ever since these XP crates were released, The only one iv'e ever pressed is try your luck, like, i have literally never pressed an option other then try your luck. I don't even know how many of these things iv'e opened, But, It must be exceptionally high. (Considering also i mostly play premiums so i hit the xp requirements super fast).

And today, For the first time, I finally hit that supercontainer, After, I dont even know how many countless dozens, Hundreds even, of these try your lucks ive opened and got about 3 poor flags, 

So there i am, Watching this red container come in, Praying for some amazing module, A premium, Doubloons, Premium time?... but no.... what do i find?... thats right.. flags....  Oh but, 'Dragon flags' are awesome, i hear you say....

19511432_1714440788858678_6260476428322518882_n.thumb.png.65bd3a6b59b866fdc41ab3e0e9352978.png

Eugh.... This is like.. when you see people win the lottery and the jackpot is only 1million compared to its usual 100million...

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,454 battles

22o2qg.thumb.jpg.cd01b9aca44712db68208f048640c291.jpg

The other day i got 1000 dobloons. Used them to buy the Mikasa for the lolz. Still have not figured out how to hit anything with her main guns, but i hear its possible :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 4

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,044 posts
5,819 battles

Well, the next super container may hold that premium ship you want - or, of course,the Krasny Kreme (or more flags)......

The only containers I've ever seen premium ships in are the ones around Xmas.

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles

Victor Lima are great flags, I like flying those on my DDs because they don't include the additional risk of magazine detonation.

I managed to roll a super-container last week, my first in over a year (although I haven't played continually). 100 Juliet Charlie detonation flags ... I run Magazine Modification 1 on my DDs because I'm saving the flags for when I eventually dip a toe in the waters of ranked. 

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles
33 minutes ago, SovietFury43 said:

22o2qg.thumb.jpg.cd01b9aca44712db68208f048640c291.jpg

The other day i got 1000 dobloons. Used them to buy the Mikasa for the lolz. Still have not figured out how to hit anything with her main guns, but i hear its possible :Smile_teethhappy:

Spec secondaries, find a whorde of cruiser go there and watch the firework show :Smile_playing:, she can be quite a lolboat :cap_haloween:

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
53 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

So there i am, Watching this red container come in, Praying for some amazing module, A premium, Doubloons, Premium time?... but no.... what do i find?... thats right.. flags....  Oh but, 'Dragon flags' are awesome, i hear you say....

You know... its still better then whats usualy in the box right? And if you dont like it, then dont gamble for the Supercontainer? I always pick flag or credit containers (I got lucky with credit containers once in a while, port slots, nice free XP that helped me to get Missouri faster...) and guess what? You can even get Supercontainer that way. Matter of fact, I had one this very morning. 30 days Premium - cant complain.

And looking at this from another perspective: You complain, supercontainers are rare and when they come, they dont drop a premium ship (ofc, must be a good premium ship). So if 1 out of 20 containers would be a Supercontainer... and then drop Missouri - Saipan - Enterprise with a 50% chance... that would be a) boring b) stupid and c) wouldnt make sense for WG d) wouldnt make sense for us players! Within a month all matches would be consisting of those premium ships.

tl;dr : Be happy, that there are containers at all. They give you stuff completly for free. There were times without them.

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

I get supers quite regularly (2 a month?). But mostly flags I don't need (got a [edited]ton of flags) or camo I don't use (have premium camo on all the silver ships I play. Have never had a premium ship, time or doubloons. Never had a module either. 

[-TAP-]
Players
78 posts
4,754 battles
1 hour ago, BrusilovX said:

Well, the next super container may hold that premium ship you want - or, of course,the Krasny Kreme (or more flags)......

First premium ship I ever got, that (it was in a crate, obviously - I'm not insane).  Still, at least it gave me a 10 point captain to hurl into the Russian cruiser line.

I started tracking my container results at the back end of December last year just to have a look into drop rates etc - so far I've got 3 SCs from a total of 37 crates using the "try your luck" option so I've been fairly lucky.  SC Contents were 14 days of premium, 50 Lá Fhéile Pádraig camos and 50 Dragon flags, which were a godsend on some of the recent "get X Commander xp" missions.

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,454 battles
2 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Spec secondaries, find a whorde of cruiser go there and watch the firework show :Smile_playing:, she can be quite a lolboat :cap_haloween:

I did spec secondaries, but they still have only 3.8km range.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,395 posts
7,851 battles

Just be glad you didn't got the signals for reduced ramming damage.... (those signals are truly useless), or the smoke special module or the spotter plane special module (If you don't have/want Perth)....

You get all those for free and can expect some more SC soon as you seem to have passed a long streak of bad luck. The law of big numbers says so...

Today I got 50 Valentine camo from my 2. signal containers (i only pick those as i don't have the need for credits anymore) and I am happy about it even though i could imagine better things like Premiumships obviously, free xp for upcoming Musashi, or Dragon signals or Juliet Charlie signals.

Alpha Tester
42 posts
6,754 battles

I don't bother with them, just more rubbish to  keep people playing. have over 200 just sitting there waiting to wast my time opening them!.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,906 posts
7,759 battles

Lets say i got in total like 7,8,9 (dont know exactly, but not many) supercontainers in the whole time since they were introduced.

I usually choose more signals option, every 3,4 i choose tml. (because I think signals are the most important currency in the game).

Funny how I got more SC from signal containers and not from the tml ones. 

Never got a ship ... grateful for couple of speed boost modules, but other than that I mostly got signal / camo.

Seems fine .. but then you see Flamu who is opening a ship after a ship and you feel pretty stupid.

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles
1 hour ago, SovietFury43 said:

I did spec secondaries, but they still have only 3.8km range.

Well, i know its not mutch, better than stock, though a litle buff to 5km specced from wg's part wouldnt hurt :Smile_sceptic:

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

I'd gladly take 100 Victor Limas! Don't get the hate for signal flag SCs, most of them give pretty good bonuses.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
On 14/01/2018 at 2:48 PM, Riggerby said:

And today, For the first time, I finally hit that supercontainer, After, I dont even know how many countless dozens, Hundreds even, of these try your lucks ive opened and got about 3 poor flags,

There's achievement you get for opening 1000 containers. It tells you your current progress - it will answer your question precisely.

Have to admit, had a bit of drought myself, but finaly got one after getting 92 TYL.

There's also thread covering ST:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

They might as well call them flag containers.

I've got loads in the last few weeks but all have been 100 flags with one camo.

I usually take the Flag container but I got bored and decided to take some TYL.

[ONE2]
Players
2,514 posts
14,976 battles

Half a dozen Spotting Aircraft Mods say that it could be worse dude. I'd prefer flags any day. :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,741 posts
11,013 battles
26 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Half a dozen Spotting Aircraft Mods say that it could be worse dude. I'd prefer flags any day. :cap_cool:

That's like...awesome!

You could buy 6 Perths and equip them with the Modules! ^^

• Funny 1

[ONIX]
Players
1,091 posts
9,087 battles
23 hours ago, stewie533 said:

I get supers quite regularly (2 a month?). But mostly flags I don't need (got a [edited]ton of flags) or camo I don't use (have premium camo on all the silver ships I play. Have never had a premium ship, time or doubloons. Never had a module either. 

:cap_wander:

I've had 2 radar, 2 hydro, 2 speed boost, 1 smoke generator, 1 def AA, 1 spotter and 4 or 5 damage control modules .Might be missing some, as I've sold a few, keeping at least 1 of each.

I've also had several SCs with flags.

And camos.

And 14 days premium.

And 3000 doublons (and another with 1000 too, I think)

And an Anshan

But other than that, not much luck...

[ONE2]
Players
2,514 posts
14,976 battles

Oh yeah, @ColorsOfRainbowsthe vaunted "Damage Control Party Modification 1" is it? ... Does anyone have any idea what it is good for? I mean in what ship you could/should actually use it? I gots a couple also and it has sadly seemed quite pointless so far...:Smile_amazed:

"

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,395 posts
7,851 battles
Just now, RAHJAILARI said:

Oh yeah, the vaunted "Damage Control Party Modification 1"... Does anyone have any idea what it is good for, I mean in what ship you could/should actually use it. i gots a couple also and it seemed sadly quite pointless so far...:Smile_amazed:

"

unlike the smoke and spotter one that do find a happy ship using it (Perth) the DCP Mod 1 is truly useless. Why would you want more cooldown on your DCP? Everyone i know try to push that CD down by using premium ones and the captainskill and signal.... The only thing i can think of are CVs getting CV sniped but they have a better option in that slot and a +% increase on measly 5 secounds can't be worth it....

[ONE2]
Players
2,514 posts
14,976 battles

Yeah @Miessa3dude, exactly what i mean. I would not want to give up something like Main Armaments Mod1 for this one. Oh wait up! Perhaps Mikasa? it's main guns are practically useless and not liable to hit anything anyways... :cap_hmm: Or not possible because too low tier? :Smile_amazed: