You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Murro_the_One

Any news about upcomming french battleships?

106 comments in this topic

Players
164 posts
2,979 battles

Im just trying to get some new info about the french BBs,

WG released the teaser but there is no way how to get  some up to date info.

All i know is that they will have 3 reverse gears, and unique white flag which you can use during the battle which will unlock 4th gear for 30 seconds.

jk.

i saw ichase with some info that France will have longest secondaries in game but wiki does not list that so im just wondering what will be the gimmicks this time

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,455 battles
14 minutes ago, Murro_the_One said:

All i know is that they will have 3 reverse gears, and unique white flag which you can use during the battle which will unlock 4th gear for 30 seconds.

That should please all those reversing BB captains.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,665 posts
7,080 battles
41 minutes ago, Murro_the_One said:

jk.

Learn f*cking history.

That's not "funny", that's not "a joke", that's just insulting and racist, and show your ignorance.

I'm frankly VERY, VERY tired of seeing my ancestor constantly bashed and called cowards, and seeing the whole French army ridiculed while they fought much more bravely than you'd ever think.

• Cool 12
  • Boring 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,740 posts
15,092 battles
18 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Learn f*cking history.

That's not "funny", that's not "a joke", that's just insulting and racist, and show your ignorance.

I'm frankly VERY, VERY tired of seeing my ancestor constantly bashed and called cowards, and seeing the whole French army ridiculed while they fought much more bravely than you'd ever think.

Yeah, people think that jokes based on prejudice and bigotry are funny. They aren't.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,260 posts
2,939 battles
47 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Learn f*cking history.

I have to second that. The French vehicules could go just as fast forward as backward.
I mean, think about it. What if the enemy comes from behind ?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,778 posts
8,909 battles
1 hour ago, ShinGetsu said:

[...] racist [...]

I think you mean prejudiced.

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,781 posts
6,319 battles

Bumped into a Richelieu in battle - didn't last long, so perhaps not so far away.

[L4GG]
Players
2,012 posts
7,682 battles
43 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Yeah, people think that jokes based on prejudice and bigotry are funny. They aren't.

And I add

pure ignorance.

Gaul was the most important province of Roman empire to the very end.

France was the jump start for Europe as we know it.

England was made by France

Portugal and Spain was made by French

etc, etc.

I don't know which country are OP from, but most probably his currency was based on the French coin or adopt the French coin.

In the war.

well, take your pick.

They had the best Heavy Calvary in Europe.

They had for many periods the most powerful army... in the world. And had more victories than defeats.

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,122 posts
27,626 battles
1 hour ago, ShinGetsu said:

insulting and racist

Insulting, True

Racist, When did France become a lone race?  

• Cool 2

[AXIS]
Players
714 posts
12,086 battles

pls tell me you aren´t actually, seriously triggered by french surrender jokes.

jebus H crysler, grow a thicker skin

• Cool 4

Players
94 posts
678 battles
2 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

Learn f*cking history.

This.

Every time.

And I'm British.

Players
94 posts
678 battles
1 hour ago, Nechrom said:

I think you mean prejudiced.

To be prejudiced is literally to pre-judge.

Making offensive jokes of incorrect and unfathomably old national stereotypes isn't pre-judging.

And, js, I think it might actually be against the forum rules.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,845 posts
9,996 battles
24 minutes ago, svadilfari said:

pls tell me you aren´t actually, seriously triggered by french surrender jokes.

jebus H crysler, grow a thicker skin

Actually I am.

Not because it's htting home personally, having met people who fought and who lost everything, but also because people, especially younger people, tend to read things like that everywhere and then consider them facts.

And after 15 years of idiocies like that brought on specifically because of a propaganda smear campaign  in 2003 because the French refused to go in Iraq, people now actually believe that France just rolled over and died in WWII, and it's also being propagated to many others things, like France doing nothing in WWI, and France backing down in every fight.

crap like that is intentionally destroying History and propagating a 15 year old piece of propaganda because a country refused to enter an illegal war for [edited] reason that has turnt the Middle East into even more of an unstable mess than it was before.
You may think it's a joking matter, but it's absolutely not.

• Cool 5

Players
1,283 posts
7,458 battles
2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

That wasn't nor bigotry nor prejudice, neither Racist, that was just a regular joke (hell, nowadays anyone gets offended by anything, even for breathing)

A "racist joke" would be something like showing a stinky french dude which didn't get a bath in years and need to use strong perfume because even skunks would complain about his body odor. THAT would be a racist joke

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,706 posts
2,730 battles
3 hours ago, Murro_the_One said:

Im just trying to get some new info about the french BBs,

WG released the teaser but there is no way how to get  some up to date info.

jk.

i saw ichase with some info that France will have longest secondaries in game but wiki does not list that so im just wondering what will be the gimmicks this time

There'll be a lot of information forthcoming as soon as we near the end of our testing phases.

Suffice to say that they have been loads of fun to play so far, if you're into aggressive battleships you'll love them for their speed and pushing power.

And yes, they do have a respectable reverse speed ;)

4 minutes ago, Parakitteh said:

To be prejudiced is literally to pre-judge.

Making offensive jokes of incorrect and unfathomably old national stereotypes isn't pre-judging.

And, js, I think it might actually be against the forum rules.

Lets not blow poking a little harmless fun at the French out of proportion please. I do after all have @Tanatoy sitting right next to me and if I couldn't poke fun at him any more, it would make work a lot less fun! :Smile_hiding:

That being said, lets all remember that the French kicked a lot of butt in their time and be nice to each other!

• Cool 2

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,122 posts
27,626 battles
Just now, MrConway said:

And yes, they do have a respectable reverse speed ;)

Of course. :Smile_honoring:

Players
130 posts
6,471 battles
1 minute ago, Sargento_YO said:

That wasn't nor bigotry nor prejudice, neither Racist, that was just a regular joke (hell, nowadays anyone gets offended by anything, even for breathing)

A "racist joke" would be something like showing a stinky french dude which didn't get a bath in years and need to use strong perfume because even skunks would complain about his body odor. THAT would be a racist joke

Getting offended because your ancestors are insulted (some of whom got killed or maimed in combat during ww2) is a pretty healthy reaction in my book. This "grow a thicker skin" & "anyone get offended by anything" smells like lack of self-respect to me.

[DAVY]
Players
604 posts
8,599 battles
Just now, Sargento_YO said:

Actually, it would be quite cool that Richelieu and Dunkerque could go as fast in reverse than goes forwards.

Why?? :Smile_amazed:

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,665 posts
7,080 battles

Simply put, that topic could have been perfectly okay if not for that "joke" which is at the same time false, insulting and not funny.

After 15 years of bashing because of US propaganda, I now jump at the throat of anyone using this "joke". Enough is enough.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,706 posts
2,730 battles
4 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

Why?? :Smile_amazed:

Because all your guns are facing forwards.

I had a game yesterday where I pushed into the cap hard and when I met a lot of resistance I managed to reverse away without ever having to stop firing or expose any weak spots on my ship - brilliant!

• Cool 2