You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
captain_lef

change in battleship

82 comments in this topic

Players
122 posts
6,907 battles

i'll get right to the point. i tried every class in the game, i suck in carriers, i get too aggressive in DDs and i get bored in BBs. CA-CLs though, it just clicked, daka daka, maneuverability and in higher tiers heal, what more could you ask? well, only one thing, since camping is the new trend (i cant say META because its not effective at all), i have one proposal: leave cruisers as they are (see no direct buff) since once you master the class you can be influential, but increase the dispersion (vertical and horizontal) of BBs in ranges over 16 Kms. bellow 16Kms, tighten the grouping of the shells to current standards. i believe that this will allow cruisers to be in shooting distance and possibly drive BB captains closer to the fight. some lucky shots will happen, but fewer, and the battles will be more engaging 

• Funny 3

[NWP]
Players
4,322 posts
6,214 battles

I dont see that this is working unfurtunately. The bad players dont care about anything. So they hit less? Why care, sometimes u still will hit something...

The only thing would be to dont give them Credits/XP (or less), but that would be bad for WG. Atleast for XP, since it enables u to advance in the techtree, but not having credits means u need to invest money.

• Cool 1

Players
1,554 posts
13,419 battles

You are asking for a BB nerf. Never going to happen. Look at the most played class the last few years. For some reason people like them. I agree with you that most BB's are boring to play. 

I'm afraid we just have to accept the fact that BB's are going to stay stronger than the other classes which also is showing its effect on the players. They get dumber and dumber every game. Sadly. 

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
4,322 posts
6,214 battles
2 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

They get dumber and dumber every game. Sadly.

And then we get missions like right now, and having a chance of 100% more idiotic DDs on your team :cap_book:

Dumbing down Cruisers doesnt seem to work (since those too dumb are already plaing BBaby :Smile_amazed:)

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
19 minutes ago, captain_lef said:

CA-CLs though, it just clicked, daka daka, maneuverability and in higher tiers heal, what more could you ask?

Welcome to the club :Smile_honoring: - we are few but proud of our XP Pinatas! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 6

Players
1,647 posts
6,674 battles

Yeah, give those german guns even worse dispersion...!

You do realise that Battleships are camping because of all that fire Dakka?

But Battleships are the problem here...

Yeah right...

• Funny 1
  • Bad 3

Players
122 posts
6,907 battles

i know that there is no point in defending my point, but i was hoping that since the BB players wont change their tactics, at least at longer distances, the cruiser captain could feel a bit safer, but a lot more unlucky if he gets to eat the shells. 

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,716 posts
9,234 battles
4 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Yeah right...

Absolute horseshit.
Freak battles with 11v11 BBs see perhaps even MORE camping than regular battles.

• Cool 6

[NWP]
Players
4,322 posts
6,214 battles
2 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

I aint! I usually have no prolems with fires in my BBs. (or very rarely) Usually im in a situation then when i die anyway.

U gotta keep cool when u are burning (:cap_haloween:) then its ok. F.e. yesterday with my Nelson i didnt even DCP 2 fires because Zombie heal. Let the Cleveland have some fun till i get him :cap_viking:

Battleships are camping because they CAN. Imo thats the reason. They see they can shoot, so they wont get closer...

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Players
147 posts
12,936 battles

I prefer Cruisers for the more involved game style :cap_rambo:. As far as my  Frederick der Grosse I can't hit a thing with it :etc_swear:......zero fun, so gave up....I can't imagine what it would be like if it was nerfed :Smile_amazed:.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles
9 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

mXyupD1.gif

• Funny 3

Players
2,159 posts
19 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Yeah right...

What utter tripe.

BB's camp because they have range, accuracy and have no need to close in and fight. I play cruisers less and BB's more because of the 5 BB camping scenario, got fed up with being deleted as soon as I have the temerity to fire my guns and do my job. 

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles
1 minute ago, Mandalorianer said:

Silly me, posting in a Cruiser echo chamber... :Smile_hiding:

Nah, we just know how to play BBs effectively unlike you.

• Funny 2

Players
1,647 posts
6,674 battles
2 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

What utter tripe.

BB's camp because they have range, accuracy and have no need to close in and fight. 

Then I must do something horribly wrong that 90% of every salvo, dosn't matter the range or angle, goes short and long(not to far left or right!) and 1 maybe 2 overpens actually hit!

[B0TS]
Players
147 posts
12,936 battles
6 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

What utter tripe.

Looks more like mashed potatoes than tripe, I don't like tripe, but mashed potatoes, now you're talking...:Smile_popcorn:

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

Seems sound logic, but in reality all it will achieve is to further the ability of cruisers to kite BBs at range from relative safety. The assumption that a BB 16km+ from a given target is automatically camping in the spawn is flawed, it could be an opportunistic long range shot to support a cap across the map or it could even be the other way around and you offer protection to campers rather than dissuading them!

There aren't really many good options to try to entice action closer to the objectives that aren't already implemented, but nerfing long range accuracy is one of the worse ones.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,716 posts
9,234 battles
10 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Silly me, posting in a Cruiser echo chamber... :Smile_hiding:

You mean in a CV, DD and CA/CL echo chamber.
With, as always at the back of the classroom eating glue, BBs complaining about every single aspect of the game as if they were alreadythe ones that survive, tank and deal the most damage.

I literally had a DoY tonight tell the entire team (T5-7) that he couldn't move up from his 18km max range to cap because he had bad armor.
He was in a team with Pensacolas, Omahas and a ****ing Kongo.
"bad armor"

Pathetic.
It's crap like this that gave us the horrendous mess that is the KM and RN BBs.

• Cool 1

Players
122 posts
6,907 battles
4 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

Seems sound logic, but in reality all it will achieve is to further the ability of cruisers to kite BBs at range from relative safety. The assumption that a BB 16km+ from a given target is automatically camping in the spawn is flawed, it could be an opportunistic long range shot to support a cap across the map or it could even be the other way around and you offer protection to campers rather than dissuading them!

There aren't really many good options to try to entice action closer to the objectives that aren't already implemented, but nerfing long range accuracy is one of the worse ones.

kiting one BB makes you giving broadside to another. only one of them has to time his shot and 50% of your HP are gone. unless you think of man to man scenarios only

Players
1,647 posts
6,674 battles
15 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

You mean in a CV, DD and CA/CL echo chamber.

I may be rare but I neither have any problem with Air Cancers nor Destroyers.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 hour ago, captain_lef said:

i'll get right to the point. i tried every class in the game, i suck in carriers, i get too aggressive in DDs and i get bored in BBs. CA-CLs though, it just clicked, daka daka, maneuverability and in higher tiers heal, what more could you ask? well, only one thing, since camping is the new trend (i cant say META because its not effective at all), i have one proposal: leave cruisers as they are (see no direct buff) since once you master the class you can be influential, but increase the dispersion (vertical and horizontal) of BBs in ranges over 16 Kms. bellow 16Kms, tighten the grouping of the shells to current standards. i believe that this will allow cruisers to be in shooting distance and possibly drive BB captains closer to the fight. some lucky shots will happen, but fewer, and the battles will be more engaging 

The thing is that the RNG (e.g. in the dispersion) is already a double-edged sword. It is this dispersion which on the one hand makes the sniping BB player devastate a full HP CA at 20 km and on the other hand makes the actively pushing BB player scream in agony because the shots go everywhere, just not where he aimed even though the broadside showing BB/CA at 6 km asked for more than just 2000 damage.

The problem with increasing the dispersion is that a CA player who actively tries to avoid shots will still suffer from this because you increase the area where the shots can land. So while he wiggles and changes speed and direction, the shells can still hit him because he can't leave the target zone fast enough. In another thread a while back some people suggested to increase the accuracy of BBs so shots at longer ranges will be harder (because they are easier to avoid with less movement) while at close range BBs can finally reliably punish other ships for their mistakes. It sounds counter-intuitive at first but it is an interesting thought.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,442 battles
1 hour ago, Tungstonid said:

The thing is that the RNG (e.g. in the dispersion) is already a double-edged sword. It is this dispersion which on the one hand makes the sniping BB player devastate a full HP CA at 20 km and on the other hand makes the actively pushing BB player scream in agony because the shots go everywhere, just not where he aimed even though the broadside showing BB/CA at 6 km asked for more than just 2000 damage.

The problem with increasing the dispersion is that a CA player who actively tries to avoid shots will still suffer from this because you increase the area where the shots can land. So while he wiggles and changes speed and direction, the shells can still hit him because he can't leave the target zone fast enough. In another thread a while back some people suggested to increase the accuracy of BBs so shots at longer ranges will be harder (because they are easier to avoid with less movement) while at close range BBs can finally reliably punish other ships for their mistakes. It sounds counter-intuitive at first but it is an interesting thought.

You are aware of the fact, that your truth is not, what is wanted to be heared in here, yes? BBs need to be blameable for anything. If a DD/CL/CA/CV nukes you out of the water with his torpedoes at short distance, it´s balance and/or bad play by a lowbob BB-Kevin/baby/younameit. If a BB kills your broadside tanking cruiser at 3km range (well, if rng allows for it), it´s broken and unbalanced.

Yes, the current meta is broken, BB-camping basically ruins it, and 5 BBs per side are too much. So are 5 HE spamming cruisers per side or 5 DDs with their walls of skill. As if that wouldn´t be enough, gimmicks like radar and stuff add to the horrible situation.

Basically no class is able anymore to perform in it´s slot as intended. WG broke things several times, and the players are trying to find their slot(s) within the given. The truly sad thing is, that the current "meta" favours the casuals and lowbobs, since RNG/luck > skill.

• Cool 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles
7 minutes ago, Vaderan said:

So are 5 HE spamming cruisers per side or 5 DDs with their walls of skill.

...Wait, so the optimum would be 5 CVs per side? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,454 battles
3 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

Yeah right...

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,396 posts
5,436 battles
6 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

Yeah right...

No battleships are staying in non influential positions and are passive due to a lack of understanding their role (and a bunch of other gimmicks WG in their wisdom decided was going to balance out the BB population). 

And if you want to talk about the firespam, why not bring up the worst offenders in that regard, the RN BB's? But they can't be the problem surely since they are BB's.

• Cool 1