You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hadizor

German BB commander captain skill

19 comments in this topic

[SV2]
Players
9 posts
2,933 battles

Ive soon got a lvl 17 Captain on my German BBs and dont know if i should coose BFT or DE, i mean its mostly fires doing dmg with the secondaries and having a 2% bigger chance would be nice. But on the other hand 10% faster fire rate technically also gives me more fires as i fire more often and also increases my AA protection. But i cant decide what would be best :/

Captain.PNG

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,738 battles

For guns below 140mm, BFT is always better than DE.

Most secondaries are <140mm so I'd recommend BFT. More AA is good as well.

[SV2]
Players
9 posts
2,933 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

For guns below 140mm, BFT is always better than DE.

Most secondaries are <140mm so I'd recommend BFT. More AA is good as well.

Im sorry if im abit noob with calibers of guns and such, but why would the caliber make a difference?

[SNUBS]
Players
1,293 posts
6,853 battles

BFT  buffs guns And aa so more worth out of those 3 points 

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,738 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Hadizor sagte:

Im sorry if im abit noob with calibers of guns and such, but why would the caliber make a difference?

Because I am retarded and can't read :D

Forget what I said about this part, the 140mm threshold is for main guns only.

That makes BFT even better since it buffs the 150mm secondaries as well ^^

[SV2]
Players
9 posts
2,933 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Because I am retarded and can't read :D

Forget what I said, the 140mm threshold is for main guns only.

I see, but should i still go for BFT or DE? ^^

[SV2]
Players
9 posts
2,933 battles
2 minutes ago, lameoll said:

BFT  buffs guns And aa so more worth out of those 3 points 

Alright, thanks alot :)

[SV2]
Players
9 posts
2,933 battles
1 minute ago, nimlock said:

The secondary based build is really skill intensive to play:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000010000010000011001000100019

And you give a lot of your survivability and gun presence in the game away for that ofg dmg burst.

Yeah i do like seeing those secondary shells rain upon the enemies, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I have the extra fighter thing, is it worth or no? 

Players
204 posts
329 battles

Im worried  why you ask that?

Priority target adds to survivability, so you can make do with your steering skills instead of hard game stats.

[SV2]
Players
9 posts
2,933 battles
1 minute ago, nimlock said:

Im worried  why you ask that?

Priority target adds to survivability, so you can make do with your steering skills instead of hard game stats.

What do you mean with you are worried?, But yeah ive noticed that the extra fighter doesnt help that much. And games without a CV its worthless

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles
3 minutes ago, Hadizor said:

What do you mean with you are worried?, But yeah ive noticed that the extra fighter doesnt help that much. And games without a CV its worthless

Planes are useful beyond just shooting down and panicking incoming bombers, they can spot ships and torpedoes that you otherwise might not have been able to spot. But personally I wouldn't recommend the skill that adds an extra fighter, chances are if you're brawling they'll probably both just end up getting shot down anyway!

Players
204 posts
329 battles

IMO the catapult plane is for BB's capable of plunging fire behind islands in solo queue. For anything else priority target scores more as a survivability-awarenes tool and brawlers take PM just to be viable longer and save up on damage control cooldown.

[SV2]
Players
9 posts
2,933 battles
Just now, rvfharrier said:

Planes are useful beyond just shooting down and panicking incoming bombers, they can spot ships and torpedoes that you otherwise might not have been able to spot. But personally I wouldn't recommend the skill that adds an extra fighter, chances are if you're brawling they'll probably both just end up getting shot down anyway!

Yeah thats what happens most of the time. Next time they have the free respec of captains ill chance it up ^^

Players
607 posts
5,870 battles

Ok then. There are several good fits. The one that I use wouldn’t need any retrain for OP, because it continues what he has.

DE forget about it, BFT is ok but AFT is way better for boosting effective AA and you already invested in it. Ctrl-click on a squadron gives you +30% AA DPM thus …

SI is at least as good as SE but you gain +1 hydro too (on Bis).

FP is mandatory nowadays, especially for a natural born brawler, and compensate the absence of SE.

On Bis I would take auxiliary armament module (your secondaries and long-range AA stay in those auxiliary guns) however it's more complicated for Tirp who may need Main Armament module instead, to protect your fragile torpedo tubes. How many times I brawled toward a BB only to discover, at the critical moment, that my torpedo tubes are gone.

your_pic_name.png.f4747c06ce569ee79b1447d66962ee7d.png