TheSilentTexan

What British/German Prem ship should I get (For farming and/or just for fun)

Ship  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship(s) are the best/best bang for buck/most fun

• HMS Hood (BB, T7, 35 euros)
    • HMS Duke of York (BB, T7, 37 euros)
    • HMS Warspite (BB, T6, app. 25 euros)
    • HMS Gallant (DD, T6, app.20 euros)
    • Scharnhorst (BB, T7, app. 35 euros)
    • Tirpitz (BB, T8, 45 euros)
    • Prinz Eugen (HC, T8, app. 40 euros)
    • Something else

40 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
8 posts
494 battles

Dear reader,

Back in 2015 I was part of the closed beta for wows, I played a bit but left, mainly because of the lack of german/british ships. As I found out two weeks back, the game has been improved greatly and many new ships/features have arrived.

But yesterday was payday and I feel the urge to buy a Premium ship for grinding quicker to the top-tier ships. I do not know much about the current ships that are in the game, but I do know how to play most.

So far I have watched a couple of videos but I dont really know which ones are the most bang for your buck.

Please advise? :Smile_Default:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

75 battles played? Answer is: none. Learn the game, get to those tiers yourself, and then consider buying a premium, currently you'd be nothing more than a burden to your team dragging them into more and more defeats.

• Cool 7

[NWP]
Players
4,355 posts
6,233 battles

Voted Scharnhorst because Reason^^

But also something else - as @wilkatis_LV stated, u have far to little games played to "enjoy" high-tier gameplay. First u cant perform well because u simply lack game knowledge. WoWs seems simple, but to perform well u need a vast amount of knowledge (thats how i see it). Highertiers arent so enjoyable in general. Usually u make a mistake, u get punished, compared to lowertiers u might get away with it. Also the road to become a better player is to play ships which arent considered good or OP. Otherwise id say buy Giulio Cesare. But u mostly wont learn to play other ships in it, because they are simply worse than she is.

[L4GG]
Players
1,657 posts
6,503 battles
15 hours ago, TheSilentTexan said:

Dear reader,

Back in 2015 I was part of the closed beta for wows, I played a bit but left, mainly because of the lack of german/british ships. As I found out two weeks back, the game has been improved greatly and many new ships/features have arrived.

But yesterday was payday and I feel the urge to buy a Premium ship for grinding quicker to the top-tier ships. I do not know much about the current ships that are in the game, but I do know how to play most.

So far I have watched a couple of videos but I dont really know which ones are the most bang for your buck.

Please advise? :Smile_Default:

Best bang for the buck?

that's easy

get Kuma with camo with premium consumables with 14 points captain

get Budyonni with premium camo with premium consumables with 14 point captain

get Gneisenau with premium camo with premium consumables with 14 points captain.

And you are set to rock the world.

So far it's all I can advice.

with the first two you will eat premium ships raw

with the second one you will eat alive ships a tier above

with the third one, it's as good as a premium ship or the same. 

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

Don't buy anything

Also make that as an option to vote for

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles

As far as I know, everything on your list is at full price at the moment, so maybe hold off for the moment?

Sharnhorst is one of the better premiums in the game, bar none, so in terms of bang-per-buck that must be worth a look.

Gallant gets my personal 'most fun' nomination though; a 10-point captain with CE seems to make a big difference (I finally got mine to that level at the weekend)...

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
On 1/13/2018 at 10:15 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

75 battles played? Answer is: none. Learn the game, get to those tiers yourself, and then consider buying a premium, currently you'd be nothing more than a burden to your team dragging them into more and more defeats.

Ah you beat me to it. Wait some longer OP.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles

BTW if you ignore everyone's advice, and get a higher tier premium anyway, I would urge you to play it in PvE only (at least, until you get your silver ships to a similar level) - you'll still earn tolerable amounts of silver, and you'll be dealing with more manageable opponents...

[NOCAP]
Players
1,509 posts
15,418 battles

I don't know how much you played in CBT but the game changed a lot since then. Maybe the best decision would be to just play the game and wait for a good bargain for one of those ships.

[HOO]
Beta Tester
677 posts
5,064 battles

I've not got many, but I do love my Warspite for numerous reasons. However, I have to agree with the others in that you really need more gameplay before committing to a relatively higher tier. Obviously, it is up to you, but if you do buy one and become a weighty anchor/millstone (through inexperience) around your team's neck, not only will you drag them down but you will not enjoy the game and probably not play much, if at all and will have wasted your hard earned Euros.

I'd give it two or three months of regular play before even thinking about it, however, nothing is stopping you picking up a bargain (when available for discount) and mothballing it until you're ready.

GL.

• Cool 1

Players
100 posts

I am going to appeal to all the "experts" in this thread to go make some how to play videos or informative threads instead of telling the op to l2p. Explain what an ally is or what it is to push a flank. Clarify when to push and when not to. Instead of posting the usual play a 1000 battles to git gud. All of you do realize that a thousand battle worth of bad habits are hard to break. That's what they will learn in random.

To the op: The Sharnhorst is fun. So is the Atago, Tirpitz and many others. However there is no substitute

for knowing the ship. In addition these ships require at least a 10 point captain to be effective and a 14 point captain to get close to unleashing their potential. Even if you get the 10 point captain the road to 14 is very long.

I really like my Benson. If was fun to grind it out and play the different DDs. It was also rewarding to unlock. I learned quite a bit too, however I still suck even though having a good shop like the Benson does make life easier.

• Bad 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,229 posts
6,768 battles

Gallant is quite fun.

Scharnhorst is the only german premium really worth its money. Maybe T-61 too when it will be released.

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
8 posts
494 battles
On ‎25‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 5:01 PM, ShinGetsu said:

Gallant is quite fun.

Scharnhorst is the only german premium really worth its money. Maybe T-61 too when it will be released.

while I do enjoy playing DD's, I dont see why the gallant is more fun/better, please clarify?

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,229 posts
6,768 battles
4 hours ago, TheSilentTexan said:

while I do enjoy playing DD's, I dont see why the gallant is more fun/better, please clarify?

Single torp launch. It has amazing potential.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

@TheSilentTexan Your highest tier in port is V CA and DD, highest BB is IV. Buy smth from that tier. When you get to tier VII/VIII and above buy the rest of it.

[NFS]
Players
436 posts
12,927 battles

Hello,

if you are more experienced and/or get a bargain (in that case go into coop for a while), take the Scharnhorst. Tanky, fast, agile, can hit hard, feels like a mixture between cruiser and battleship.

And tier 7 will prevent you from being thrown as fill-up into tier X, so much more fun than Tirpitz.

Sincerely

Karl

Beta Tester
8 posts
494 battles
5 hours ago, Karl_567 said:

Hello,

if you are more experienced and/or get a bargain (in that case go into coop for a while), take the Scharnhorst. Tanky, fast, agile, can hit hard, feels like a mixture between cruiser and battleship.

And tier 7 will prevent you from being thrown as fill-up into tier X, so much more fun than Tirpitz.

Sincerely

Karl

Thank you, I will pick it up as soon as it is on sale!!

• Bad 1