Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Furija111

The game has become totally unrealistic

129 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
3 posts
3,922 battles

Wows is a realistic game as a movie master of the rings. I spent some 26 years and 5 years in the war in charge of the army, and I say that the flaming power of some ships is absolutely stupid. In the 21st century, full of torpedoes, in this game Akizuki fills up 15 torpedoes 400-600 kg for 120 sec. It is impossible today, not 1943. Then he has a fiery power to shoot as gettling. In the attack on Perl Harbor, 300 aircraft torpedoed ships that did not have defense, and destryed five battleships, 2 destroyers, sunk in this game, AKIZUKI has a greater firepower than most ships, so I'm surprised that the Japanese did not send 20-30 Akizukia to Perl Harbor and destroy all the ships.
About the fire power of premium ships is stupid to talk. Tirpizt of secondary cannons have almost the same power as the main battery and beat over 10 km. It's a stupid, especially since a single ship was built and never managed to stop any convoy to Soviet The biggest inertia is the disappearance of DD and Cruisers 2 to 4 km from the battleship. Some of the creators of this game sailed by boat for a good time, with naked eye tens of kilometers, but not in this game, these ships disappear as the wizard and the other on the other. By all means, I do not know why all of you build battleships, when this game shows you just need DD and Cruiser and you will get all the wars in this world.

On the other hand, the best aircraft on the carriers. They have six planes at 500 meters from the ship and launch the torpedo. It is impossibly . With a greater distance than 500 meters, that's the nonsense of the creator of this game.
All in all, first organize a server for rich players with premium ships, let them live each other because such ships do not exist in real life, and for that reason they live on ordinary players that, with the best upgrades, can not be measured with premium ships.
And such idiotariy that Akizuki shoots every 3 seconds of 100mm grenades, and at that speed can not shoot any of today's weapons, 100mm grenade holes, so where so many ammunition shoots for 20 minutes, and still throws 100 torpedoes, [edited]nonsense thing

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 16
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,285 posts
10,752 battles

"It's only a game" ....

 

Also, please give me the Cruiser or Destroyer that can stealth up at 2-4km (without the use of smoke)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,723 posts
7,577 battles

It's an arcade game.  It nods at the reality but it is nothing like reality.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,230 posts
6,768 battles

Yeah, tell me more how Akizuki is OP. Poor DD with a single 5-tubes, agile like a truck on icy road, and underwhelming concealment. 

 

Also, Akizuki were among the last destroyers the IJN built. They were the only DD in the IJN to have an effective AA.

 

And for the love of god, don't starts with "DD CAN'T RELOAD TORP". It's an ARCADE GAME. It was NEVER realistic in ANY WAY. You got the wrong adress mate.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
905 posts
11,126 battles

A swear I tried to understand what you just wrote as best as I could, but halfway upon reading it I just sorta gave up.

About the Akizuki however, the RoF is actually not at all far-fetched from reality.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SECSF]
Beta Tester
70 posts
2,172 battles

Oh please show us where this bad Akizuki touched you.

Crewmen reported that 19 rounds per minute was very difficult to achieve and that 15 was more typical.

Edit:

Torpedo Reloading Time

Power-loading: Fastest 3 minutes
Hand-loading: Fastest 5 minutes.

From WT:Its the last post.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,230 posts
6,768 battles
3 minutes ago, wulfalier said:

Oh please show us where this bad Akizuki touched you.

Crewmen reported that 19 rounds per minute was very difficult to achieve and that 15 was more typical.

And if im correct reloading of torpedos on IJN DD were like 2-3min.

Nope, IRL the best that was ever done was a Kagerou crew reloading the torpedoes under 30 minutes. Overall a typical IJN crew could reload them under 1 hour.

 

While every other nation, either didn't carry any spare torpedoes, or took 4 to 5 hours to reload them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,717 posts
9,234 battles
24 minutes ago, Furija111 said:

And such idiotariy that Akizuki shoots every 3 seconds of 100mm grenades, and at that speed can not shoot any of today's weapons

 

25 minutes ago, Furija111 said:

I spent some 26 years and 5 years in the war in charge of the army

 

Yup, no 100-155mm guns able to match 20 rpm as of the 1960's 
*cough*
http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNRussian_39-70_ak100.php

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNFR_39-55_Compact.php

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_5-54_mk45.php

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNIT_5-54_LW.php

 

 

I don't know what banana republic of a country you were in charge of the military, but I'd hate to see the state of it.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
1,660 posts
3,542 battles

there are a lot of deviations from reality - some justified, some less and some completely necessary in order to fit naval engagements, which in reality took hours, into 20 minutes. but rate of fire is not one of them. did you even took the time to check the informations? akizuki's rate of fire is historical.

 

and you guys stop saying "this is  an arcade. it isnt suppose to be realistic". i'm not here because of the arcade, nor superb and balanced gameplay, nor dasha's smile. im here because of the warships and i want warships to behave like warships. i know that there have to be done compromises in order to make the game balanced and enjoyable but there is a certain limit of realism that has to be hold in order to be still immersed. obviously you cant throw that realism out of the window just becouse of better balance, gameplay or whatever. you have to find that compromise. realism definitelly matters - so stop using these stupid and empty phrases

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
4,385 posts
6,242 battles

bbbingo.jpg

 

Noone posted this yet? BBaby hiding behind reality card...

DD OP

Cruiser OP

CV OP

BB is sitting there and can do nothing :Smile_child:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,258 battles
38 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

A swear I tried to understand what you just wrote as best as I could, but halfway upon reading it I just sorta gave up.

 

All I know - this guy was in a war for 26 years. and then again for 5 years.

13 minutes ago, Parakitteh said:

Isn't this meant to be the English-speaking forum?

QUBB36L.png

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
204 posts
329 battles

IMO WG takes the historical data to serious sometimes and ships are less powerfull than usually build for: less working turrents or aa. Not even rockets as a suplementary firepower source:

The debacle about light cruisers and heavy cruiser mixed together in tech trees is the most plainly obvious when you take MM into account.

They really should stop trying to be as mildly acrurate hstorically and balance ship power around MM instead. Or distinguish ship class roles so there are no multi purpose ones around. Yes sonar and radar agin. It...

dddbae25e3602950745916c75eaf4d7f42e98ef8

just gets plain boring if you play only the best performing ones and the developer starts giving all the perks of those ships to any other existing ship making all clones of ther own in due time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,960 posts
11,203 battles
1 hour ago, Furija111 said:

Wows is a realistic game as a movie master of the rings. I spent some 26 years and 5 years in the war in charge of the army, and I say that the flaming power of some ships is absolutely stupid. In the 21st century, full of torpedoes, in this game Akizuki fills up 15 torpedoes 400-600 kg for 120 sec. It is impossible today, not 1943. Then he has a fiery power to shoot as gettling. In the attack on Perl Harbor, 300 aircraft torpedoed ships that did not have defense, and destryed five battleships, 2 destroyers, sunk in this game, AKIZUKI has a greater firepower than most ships, so I'm surprised that the Japanese did not send 20-30 Akizukia to Perl Harbor and destroy all the ships.
About the fire power of premium ships is stupid to talk. Tirpizt of secondary cannons have almost the same power as the main battery and beat over 10 km. It's a stupid, especially since a single ship was built and never managed to stop any convoy to Soviet The biggest inertia is the disappearance of DD and Cruisers 2 to 4 km from the battleship. Some of the creators of this game sailed by boat for a good time, with naked eye tens of kilometers, but not in this game, these ships disappear as the wizard and the other on the other. By all means, I do not know why all of you build battleships, when this game shows you just need DD and Cruiser and you will get all the wars in this world.

On the other hand, the best aircraft on the carriers. They have six planes at 500 meters from the ship and launch the torpedo. It is impossibly . With a greater distance than 500 meters, that's the nonsense of the creator of this game.
All in all, first organize a server for rich players with premium ships, let them live each other because such ships do not exist in real life, and for that reason they live on ordinary players that, with the best upgrades, can not be measured with premium ships.
And such idiotariy that Akizuki shoots every 3 seconds of 100mm grenades, and at that speed can not shoot any of today's weapons, 100mm grenade holes, so where so many ammunition shoots for 20 minutes, and still throws 100 torpedoes, [edited]nonsense thing

You are so clueless...

The game was never realistic and about the RoF of Akizuki

 

modern 127mm

34 RoF (56 RoF in theory)

 

Otobreda 127/54 Compact

40 RoF

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otobreda_127/54_Compact

 

AK-130

45 RoF

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-130

 

French 100 mm naval gun

78 RoF

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_100_mm_naval_gun

 

Oto Melara | 76mm Super Rapido Naval Gun-System

120 RoF

 

 

You have no idea what modern guns can do...

 

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
1,660 posts
3,542 battles
7 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Wows is NOT a realistic game

 

You are NOT right. 

 

define "realistic". or you can say that no game is realistic - even simulator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
5,081 posts
2,939 battles
1 hour ago, Furija111 said:

at that speed can not shoot any of today's weapons

 

Oh boy

 

76/62 Super Rapid

 

BTW, 40 rpm had been achieved by the 50s with the Bofors M50 and the Vickers MkQ.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
803 posts
4,376 battles
1 hour ago, Furija111 said:

-quoted-

Hmm while I would not say it is impossible to have a game which properly respects reality via converting timescales and distance-scales into meaningful game mechanics, it would not be a style of game the Wargaming company is used to making. Nor most game-makers currently out there, for that matter. What we get and have to make do with are games which only have the "skin" of war and whatever else from the context, and almost none of the essence. It's easier for them that way.

 

This game is only used as a leisure tool for people to get together and have "fun". Like board games, which are mostly totally unrealistic. It's not a simulation, nor work of art of any kind. It's just a place for people to come together and enjoy the theme, much like a Warships-themed bar which only borrows from the theme in decorations. And the objective is to make people spend money, be it on drinks in the hypothetical bar, or on this game, on hypothetical things.

 

Modern naval guns are capable of rapid-fire, but at a slightly lesser rate, and definitely not as sustained. But since we cannot experience the modern equivalent, we'll have to make do with its closest alternative. People desire larger-than-life things be it in unrealistic movies or completely fictional super-heroes. And they see nothing wrong with that, so they understand nothing of the contrary desire in perspective, to see things accurately represented and realistically, even truthfully. These are difficult to change, maybe even impossible, and it will be very difficult to persuade them to see so, even in simple concepts like ammo and supply. I don't know exactly how you gained your firm perspective on such things, but it is probably worth sharing. Because while most here only care for some entertainment in a game, they will at least be kind and interested enough to hear a good tale. Especially one with truth in it, even personal truth, which I sense. So try to persuade us, as you set out to do, and maybe you will reveal some ideas on how to make a game which is fair and accurate.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

WOWS is not a naval warfare game it is World of Tanks on blue grass and there really isn't anything more to the game than that. Either you accept that or you don't and then stop playing.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,584 posts
14,209 battles
44 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Nope, IRL the best that was ever done was a Kagerou crew reloading the torpedoes under 30 minutes. Overall a typical IJN crew could reload them under 1 hour.

 

While every other nation, either didn't carry any spare torpedoes, or took 4 to 5 hours to reload them.

One question is interesting to me? Exept IJN ( in example 8 spare torpedoes on Kagero/Yugumo ) and DKM ( 4 spare torpedoes on Narviks or 1934 ) was any other nation who uses spare torpedoes on DD's? RN and USN DD's were losing their TT's to enhancment AAA and I didnt think ( and never heard about this in literature ) they carry any spare torpedoes. On IJN and DKM DD's torpedoes were never removed and AAA was strenghten by removing main artillery guns. I dont know how it was soluted in France, Soviet Russia and Italy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
5,081 posts
2,939 battles
15 minutes ago, Marblehead_1 said:

One question is interesting to me? Exept IJN ( in example 8 spare torpedoes on Kagero/Yugumo ) and DKM ( 4 spare torpedoes on Narviks or 1934 ) was any other nation who uses spare torpedoes on DD's? RN and USN DD's were losing their TT's to enhancment AAA and I didnt think ( and never heard about this in literature ) they carry any spare torpedoes. On IJN and DKM DD's torpedoes were never removed and AAA was strenghten by removing main artillery guns. I dont know how it was soluted in France, Soviet Russia and Italy.

 

The US had adopted a different strategy - that of having auxiliary ships carry spare torpedoes and everything else to service and resupply a destroyer in need. Destroyers would eventually rendez-vous in squads with Destroyer Tenders, which amongst many other things carried spare torpedoes - or at least so I've heard.

I don't know any other nation that carrier spares, each had its own way. For example, the polish Grom class had special tubes capable of being loaded with 533mm or 450mm torpodoes - as such, if none of her usual torpedo model was not available in the vicinity, she could borrow older torpedoes and still be combat ready, making her likely to find suitable spare torpedoes at most friendly places, whether meeting with an ally or going back to any port.

 

Since we're on topic, the usual reload time of an IJN quadruple tube was 25min, but most trained crews could lower it to 15 and sometimes even less if the operation went without fault. A triple tube was reloaded in 16~17mins and the best managed to get the reload time close to 10. In trials, the ultimate record (though achived on land only) was 8mins for a quadruple tube. The Long Lance were special, but the launchers and torpedo crew of Japan weren't any less special.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts
1 hour ago, Furija111 said:

Wows is a realistic game as a movie master of the rings. I spent some 26 years and 5 years in the war in charge of the army, and I say that the flaming power of some ships is absolutely stupid. In the 21st century, full of torpedoes, in this game Akizuki fills up 15 torpedoes 400-600 kg for 120 sec. It is impossible today, not 1943. Then he has a fiery power to shoot as gettling. In the attack on Perl Harbor, 300 aircraft torpedoed ships that did not have defense, and destryed five battleships, 2 destroyers, sunk in this game, AKIZUKI has a greater firepower than most ships, so I'm surprised that the Japanese did not send 20-30 Akizukia to Perl Harbor and destroy all the ships.
About the fire power of premium ships is stupid to talk. Tirpizt of secondary cannons have almost the same power as the main battery and beat over 10 km. It's a stupid, especially since a single ship was built and never managed to stop any convoy to Soviet The biggest inertia is the disappearance of DD and Cruisers 2 to 4 km from the battleship. Some of the creators of this game sailed by boat for a good time, with naked eye tens of kilometers, but not in this game, these ships disappear as the wizard and the other on the other. By all means, I do not know why all of you build battleships, when this game shows you just need DD and Cruiser and you will get all the wars in this world.

On the other hand, the best aircraft on the carriers. They have six planes at 500 meters from the ship and launch the torpedo. It is impossibly . With a greater distance than 500 meters, that's the nonsense of the creator of this game.
All in all, first organize a server for rich players with premium ships, let them live each other because such ships do not exist in real life, and for that reason they live on ordinary players that, with the best upgrades, can not be measured with premium ships.
And such idiotariy that Akizuki shoots every 3 seconds of 100mm grenades, and at that speed can not shoot any of today's weapons, 100mm grenade holes, so where so many ammunition shoots for 20 minutes, and still throws 100 torpedoes, [edited]nonsense thing

Totally agree mate...I had the same problem with Super Mario....no way could a plumber run that fast but was ignored when I pointed this out to the game designers! No wonder the game died on it's arse. :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,228 posts
14,454 battles

What do you mean this game has "become" totally unrealistic? It has always been this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×