You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Seepheerd

Premium ship one time restoration

31 comments in this topic

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
361 posts
6,688 battles

We've got 2 months to restore sold premium ship, Asian server players have 1 year (didn't check NA server).

When I asked why, customer service just closed the ticket. Mature answer.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,406 posts
7,851 battles

It depends on the playerbase i guess.

Asia server just doesn't have enough players so they aren't as afraid to get bombarded by restoration requests like in the EU i guess.

Just don't ever sell Premiumships if there is a slight chance you want to keep it. Problem solved.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,054 posts
3,769 battles
47 minutes ago, Seepheerd said:

We've got 2 months to restore sold premium ship, Asian server players have 1 year (didn't check NA server).

When I asked why, customer service just closed the ticket. Mature answer.

NA has 4 clemencies per year. Also 2 months though, IIRC. EU is the harshest regarding such stuff

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,282 posts
10,727 battles

Question is, why would you want to sell a Premium ship in the first place?

• Cool 4

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles
4 hours ago, lup3s said:

My first guess would be for credits, but what do I know.

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles
4 hours ago, lup3s said:

Credits and a port slot are handy if you're starting out, don't want to buy doubloons until you're sure you want to continue playing and you're sure you'll never want to play that tier 2 ship you got with an invite code. Or the ship you sold gets buffed and you realise it's now quite strong.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,282 posts
10,727 battles
11 minutes ago, Blixies said:

My first guess would be for credits, but what do I know.

Still.. why? A Premium ship already gives more credits :cap_hmm:

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
361 posts
6,688 battles

Examples:

I sold the Tirpitz due to nerf (now she's up again)

I sold a Warspite and 2 Gallants, all came from santa's box.

• Bad 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles
19 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Still.. why? A Premium ship already gives more credits :cap_hmm:

Sold my Arkansas at release because I was a non-paying player (still am for the most part) and needed the slots and cash.

How was I supposed to know ARP missions would give me more slots than I could ever fill in my lifetime?

Not that I explicitly want to restore her right now because I wouldn't play her anyway, but still, perhaps they should implement it so that you can rebuy a premium ship you previously owned for a higher credit price.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles
4 minutes ago, Seepheerd said:

I sold the Tirpitz due to nerf (now she's up* again)

"up" as in underpowered?

And what nerf?

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
15 minutes ago, Seepheerd said:

Examples:

Yeah, when did Tirpitz receive a nerf? All I can think of what they did to her was buffing the secondary gun range... :cap_yes:

And why would you sell a Warspite and two (which means you sold one before you got the other?) Gallants? If you had kept the first Gallant, wouldn't have received the amount of dubloons instead?

Not to mention that it is handy to keep such ships just for missions like we currently have. You know, the "Make so and so many torpedoe hits with RN ships" ones.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,282 posts
10,727 battles
31 minutes ago, Seepheerd said:

Examples:

but-why.gif

31 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Sold my Arkansas at release because I was a non-paying player (still am for the most part) and needed the slots and cash.

How was I supposed to know ARP missions would give me more slots than I could ever fill in my lifetime?

Not that I explicitly want to restore her right now because I wouldn't play her anyway, but still, perhaps they should implement it so that you can rebuy a premium ship you previously owned for a higher credit price.

Credits are easily earned - imo not a valid reason to sell a Premium ship.

And about the port slots, you can even get them in containers.

And as a ftp-game is prone to changes, it's usually a good reason to keep things like Premium ships.

• Funny 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles
5 minutes ago, lup3s said:

And as a ftp-game is prone to changes, it's usually a good reason to keep things like Premium ships.

Indeed, but regardless, there are no reasons as to why you shouldn't be able to rebuy premium ships you have previously owned with cash.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,282 posts
10,727 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Indeed, but regardless, there are no reasons as to why you shouldn't be able to rebuy premium ships you have previously owned with cash.

True - if you sell something you should pay something to get it back again. :cap_money:

• Cool 1

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

This has been available in WoT for at least the last couple of patches. Any special or reward premium tank can be recovered at any time for the credits you received + 10% IIRC. It doesn't go back beyond (I think) patch 0.9.15 so you'd still be scunnered if you wanted to recover a tank you sold a couple of years ago but at least the option is there now.

Beta Tester
413 posts
7 hours ago, lup3s said:

Because I no longer play them. I sold my Warshite the other month. I haven't played it for months so don't see the point of still owning it. There are 3 I still own and still play. But any others got sold .

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
361 posts
6,688 battles

I've got 27 free port slots :)

Back to the question. Why threatening us on a different way? I spent over 400 euros in the last year and my wife will be really upset if find out I sold a ship she bought me. I need that damn Tirpitz back!

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,773 battles
1 hour ago, gautrek said:

Because I no longer play them. I sold my Warshite the other month. I haven't played it for months so don't see the point of still owning it. There are 3 I still own and still play. But any others got sold .

Would like to see your face when by some black magic you get a super container that has a ship inside and its Warspite.:cap_win:  Keeping it would eliminate that 0.0000006 chance.

Beta Tester
413 posts
9 hours ago, Profilus said:

Would like to see your face when by some black magic you get a super container that has a ship inside and its Warspite.:cap_win:  Keeping it would eliminate that 0.0000006 chance.

I'll just sell it again. Like the few gold  tanks i earned for various reasons in WOT.  Given how much crap I get in the containers usually.  The chance of me either getting a SC and then it having a ship in it are even less of a chance than you posted.

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
361 posts
6,688 battles

Bought 2x5 big santa's pack, there were 2xGallant, 1 De Grasse, 1 Warspite, 1 Mutsu, 2000 doublon and some flags and paints.  Kept the French cruiser and the Japanese BB.

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
361 posts
6,688 battles
28 minutes ago, gautrek said:

I'll just sell it again. Like the few gold  tanks i earned for various reasons in WOT.  Given how much crap I get in the containers usually.  The chance of me either getting a SC and then it having a ship in it are even less of a chance than you posted.

Lol I had 3 warnings but all disappeared. What did I do? :D

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,587 posts
2,397 battles
15 hours ago, Seepheerd said:

Examples:

I understand that you're frustrated we won't restore these, but the entire point of our ship restoration policy is to let you recover a ship you accidentally sold.

You consciously took a decision to sell a ship in game knowing that once it is sold you have to re-purchase it.

There is always a chance that we will implement a similar automatic recovery system like World of Tanks has it, but that takes development time that we would prefer to spend on more interesting features.

• Cool 2

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
361 posts
6,688 battles
31 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I understand that you're frustrated we won't restore these, but the entire point of our ship restoration policy is to let you recover a ship you accidentally sold.

You consciously took a decision to sell a ship in game knowing that once it is sold you have to re-purchase it.

There is always a chance that we will implement a similar automatic recovery system like World of Tanks has it, but that takes development time that we would prefer to spend on more interesting features.

The question was about why there are differences between servers.

No need to answer...

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,587 posts
2,397 battles
4 minutes ago, Seepheerd said:

The question was about why there are differences between servers.

No need to answer...

The different regions set their own policies in this regard and we decided to take a different approach.

I'll gladly forward your feedback, but please don't expect any changes in the near future.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,282 posts
10,727 battles
15 hours ago, Seepheerd said:

I've got 27 free port slots :)

Back to the question. Why threatening us on a different way? I spent over 400 euros in the last year and my wife will be really upset if find out I sold a ship she bought me. I need that damn Tirpitz back!

Nothing is stopping you from buying it again?

.. and still .. wtf? You sold a T8 Premium ship? :Smile_sceptic:

T2/T3s or Anime ships I could maybe understand a little .. but T6+ Premium ships??? :cap_wander:

And what good are 27 free port slots anyway?

I have 12 and I still think it's too much - if you're lucky you can even get free port slots in normal containers (got 1 last week).