You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Symbiot

When will you FIX the Broken game

16 comments in this topic

Question

Players
4 posts

when will WG start fixing the game and not make it more and more and more broken and not fun to play. WG needs to start looking how the game is being actualy played and not just look at just data and feedback from supertesters...WG needs to LOOK at the whole game and not spesific sections of it..the game is broken and needs to be fixed that it can become more enjoyable to many players and not a constant frustration and rage becouse of simple basic stuff is broken and seem to not get any attension from the dev teams

• Bad 1

15 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,410 battles

Maybe they could fix something if your feedback was usefull ;)

You could for example write what exactly is broken about the game.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,740 battles

OP: Hey mom can you cook me something?

Mom: Sure, what do you want to eat?

OP: Yes

• Funny 3

[CATS]
Players
19,433 posts
12,211 battles
1 hour ago, Symbiot said:

when will WG start fixing the game and not make it more and more and more broken and not fun to play. WG needs to start looking how the game is being actualy played and not just look at just data and feedback from supertesters...WG needs to LOOK at the whole game and not spesific sections of it..the game is broken and needs to be fixed that it can become more enjoyable to many players and not a constant frustration and rage becouse of simple basic stuff is broken and seem to not get any attension from the dev teams

Since you explained it very elaborating what needs fixing, they know for sure what they have to do now... :fish_palm:

[-TPF-]
Players
2,115 posts
10,123 battles

There are lots of things wrong with the game. Aircraft Carriers, Smoke firing, Overpowered Premium Ships, Battleship HE, DD stealth and balancing.... at the moment WG are just piling up the Premium ships so that players feel they have to buy the newest thing to stay competitive, which is annoying the daylights out of everyone else.

[CATS]
Players
19,433 posts
12,211 battles
14 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

There are lots of things wrong with the game. Aircraft Carriers, Smoke firing (how?), Overpowered Premium Ships, Battleship HE(not generally), DD stealth (how?) and balancing.... at the moment WG are just piling up the Premium ships so that players feel they have to buy the newest thing to stay competitive, which is annoying the daylights out of everyone else.

[-TPF-]
Players
2,115 posts
10,123 battles

Smoke firing (how?), 

Cruisers and DDs sitting in smoke screens going pewpewpew and remaining undetectable (particularly at Tiers V, VI and VII where hydro is not v.effective and radar is unusual) remain a game balancing issue. WG did make some useful changes recently but then promptly undid their good work by introducing the Pan-Asian series of ships with bigger, longer-lasting smokescreens, better concealment and faster reloading guns. Fushun is a mini-Belfast, which already out performs all the other Tier VI DDs - including the torp based ones - and you have to ask how well this line was thought through and whether the player testing was in any way objective. Really, ships should suffer a penalty to their ability to detect other ships the longer they stay in the smoke screen (a gradual reduction to acquisition range over time would do it). 

Battleship HE(not generally),

'fraid so. Another example of WG balancing it all wrong. The RN battleships excessive fire chance means they top the damage rankings at most of the tiers. It enables then to burn down cruisers and older battleships, and then to cap it all WG gave them massively strong heals which can repair 100% of the fire damage done to them. HE spam should be a cruiser job - part of a fair trade off, as these ships are much squishier and getting into range is much more of a risk for them, and it should be a real risk to BBs. 

DD stealth (how?) 

This is part of a general WG problem of introducing gameplay mechanics without considering how they work at all Tiers. Super-stealthy DDs make good sense when the map is full and there are plenty of other ships to detect them. Later on, as the teams diminish, they can become completely OP - able to sail around with complete impunity. Again, more of an issue at lower Tiers where there is less radar and hydro around, but still a definite issue.

Basically WG are just throwing lines of ships and gameplay styles at the game and giving less and less consideration to the effects of the things they are introducing. (Graf Spee style light BBs with cruiser dispersion will be the next issue, btw).  They don't seem to have a clear vision of what they're making or what the players should be expecting. Is the game a quest to make Tier X as fast as possible, or one which offers interesting and fun gameplay at all Tiers, where people should stop at the level they find most enjoyable? Who knows... they certainly don't.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles
19 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Cruisers and DDs (..) remaining undetectable

Undetectable not un-hittable. If you have torps - torp the smokescreen. If you don't - just fire back at them. If you have a floatplane or "X marks the spot" mod it's not even a question if you will hit, it's just how many you will hit.

21 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

RN battleships excessive fire chance

It looks great till you start applying ship natural fire resistances, at which point those fire chances become like half a shell or a shell less on average to set a fire. Example: t10. 3x tier 10 ships need to hit 6 shells on average to get a fire on a BB, Conq needs 5. Much advantage, such wow. The only ship who's less accurate than Conq in that same selection is GK - and it has its secondaries to set fires for him.

24 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

top the damage rankings

I'd prefer doing 20k to a DD rather than 50k to a BB, as it's the % HP taken that matters not the raw dmg number that you can fap to.

25 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

enables then to burn down cruisers

Already addressed by cutting cruiser ad DD fire duration in half

25 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

enables then to burn down older battleships

And there's nothing wrong with that

Fun fact while we are on this topic: NC has a whole % better fire chance than Monarch does. Go cry how NCs HE needs a nerf

27 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

then to cap it all WG gave them massively strong heals which can repair 100% of the fire damage done to them.

117mlj.jpg

EVERY heal in the game can 100% repair Fire, Flooding and Ramming dmg.

RN Superheal allows them to heal more bcuz they don't have any armour like other BBs do.

I can name 4 tier 8 BBs right now in the game who have better armour the most armoured RN BB - Conq - has. NC, Alabama, Bismark and Derpitz. Arguably even Amagi and Kii have more armour as their main belts cover more area

34 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

DD stealth (how?) 

I thinks it's a problem even tho it's not a problem

Fixed that for you

[-TPF-]
Players
2,115 posts
10,123 battles

If you have a floatplane or "X marks the spot" mod it's not even a question if you will hit, it's just how many you will hit.

What if I don't? The core problem here is game mechanics to which there is often no answer. What to do if I don't have a mod or a floatplane? Belfast and Fushun's stats suggest that most players don't have a current in-game counter to an artificial mechanic. 

Fun fact while we are on this topic: NC has a whole % better fire chance than Monarch does. Go cry how NCs HE needs a nerf

BBs as a whole need their fire chance nerfed. Saying that Cruiser and DD fire duration has been shortened is one thing, but most cruisers have only a limited repair and will have taken more non-repairable damage as a result of the initial hit. (That's the key thing). At lower Tiers - where the difference is most noticeable -  a hit from an RN BB on a cruiser or DD will 1) do high base damage, 2) knock out a module (I think my record is four) and 3) set the opponent on fire. Hardly reasonable. The problem with the BB heals (and it is particularly noticeable on Hood and Nelson, which are the ones I meet most often) is that they take less base damage from a cruiser or DD gun hit and can repair all of the fire damage with great rapidity. This makes fighting them in a cruiser very difficult - what's the strategy? You can set them on fire but if you disengage they will heal back up to 100% - and the longer the engagement goes on the more chance they'll land a knockout blow on you, from which there is no coming back. 

I thinks it's a problem even tho it's not a problem

Thanks for the inaccurate summary and the picture (don't bother with them in future, no-one's been impressed with Star Wars memes since 1978).  If you can tell me why I should spend 20 minutes playing this game and end up sailing around in a battleship looking for a destroyer that I have no conceivable way of sighting or detecting, then I'd love to know the reason. It's not fun and engaging, it's tedious and one-sided. 

• Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles
3 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

What if I don't?

Then you're down to "learn to aim against smoke". Or you could just get that mod

5 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

1) do high base damage

Same as a hit from IJN BB

2) knock out a module

Same as a hit from any HE, especially if it's a BB firing

3) set the opponent on fire

Not guaranteed, but often happens - same for every other BB aswell

So your 3 points are so generic I could choose any BB, or even any ship that can fire HE and it would still fit.

7 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

they take less base damage from a cruiser or DD gun hit

There is no such thing, anyone who can take dmg from that shell will take the exact same dmg

8 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Hood and Nelson

Does Hood have RN Superheal? 1st time I hear of that

Nelsons Superheal is questionable, as it actually has good-ish armour for its tier unlike Lion and Conq. Then again, it's really easy to citadel (and can't really repair that damage) as a counterweight to that heal

11 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

This makes fighting them in a cruiser very difficult - what's the strategy? You can set them on fire but if you disengage they will heal back up to 100% - and the longer the engagement goes on the more chance they'll land a knockout blow on you, from which there is no coming back. 

1v1-ing a BB in a Cruiser is generally known as a "very smart move"

12 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

sailing around in a battleship looking for a destroyer

1v1-ing a DD in a BB is generally known as a "very smart move"

There are also these things called "objectives" (like caps for example, ever heard of those? they look like circles on that useless thing in your bottom-right corner, and the ones you should go for are generally located outside of your spawn) that you can go for to turn the game in your favor and force that DD to come closer to you

16 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

no conceivable way of sighting or detecting

This is a first, are you actually asking BBs to have the same detection as DDs? :Smile_teethhappy:

Did a quick stats-check and, sorry to say, but this all is just a L2P issue for you

[CATS]
Players
19,433 posts
12,211 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Smoke firing (how?), 

That a is basicly L2P. If a DD in smoke is that much trouble for you, you are doing it wrong.

Have seen too many BB TODAY that continued to go straight even after the DD was detected or a smoke cloud popped up. Had they just turned away, they would not have been torped out of the match.

[-TPF-]
Players
2,115 posts
10,123 battles

So your 3 points are so generic I could choose any BB, or even any ship that can fire HE and it would still fit.

In your role as self-appointed forum expert I doubt you would accept anyone's statements, but I'm not really looking for your validation (sorry).

RN BBs at lower Tiers definitely benefit from the ability to cause more damage in their salvo than other equivalent BB hits because they cause so many fires. Not only does this increase their damage output but also enables others by forcing people into using their damage repair early (and I know that is a L2P issue). 

Does Hood have RN Superheal? 1st time I hear of that

I have seen it heal around 10,000 worth of fire damage in around 60 seconds. No idea if that's a precise stat - I was trying to dodge its shells at the time - but I set it on fire, it burnt, withdrew, and healed. This may not be an exceptional heal - not going to argue the point or the figures- but it does show the cumulative mistakes WG are making. They keep introducing responses to things they've got wrong (HE spam, etc) rather than trying to rebalance is the main problem. 

1v1-ing a BB in a Cruiser is generally known as a "very smart move"

Firing HE at an engaged BB to support your team mates is a very good move. Set fires, burn them down, hit and run. Less so if the enemy can heal all that damage. 

1v1-ing a DD in a BB is generally known as a "very smart move"

It's also called "the end of the game", quite often. Small teams, 3 vs 3 - can often be horrible mismatches because of mechanics meant for 12 v 12. If you could overcome them with skill, great - but often there's no answer.

Did a quick stats-check and, sorry to say, but this all is just a L2P issue for you

I'm glad you went to such trouble to answer points that apparently you shouldn't have bothered replying to. And at such generous length, too!

I'm sure my stats are terrible - but if we're talking stats then it's worth noting that the best performing ships in the game are the hopelessly OP ones which should never have been let loose on the game. Flint, Kaga, Kami/Kami R, Belfast... the list goes on. WG's mistakes really are making the game a farming exercise and they're showing no signs of correcting things.

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
19,433 posts
12,211 battles

Kami is the old Minekaze, and she was never the strongest silver ship on her tier (look at old server stats).

Never compare silver and premium ships by stats directly. The statistical base is different.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles

Could you please use quotes? Just highlight the part you want to quote, and you'll get a popup "Quote this" next to it -> click on that

RN BBs at lower Tiers definitely benefit from the ability to cause more damage in their salvo than other equivalent BB hits because they cause so many fires. Not only does this increase their damage output but also enables others by forcing people into using their damage repair early (and I know that is a L2P issue). 

Fires is a question of fire management, and if you can't do that it doesn't matter if you are playing tier 3 or tier 10 - you'll suffer because of your inability.

At low tiers everyone spams HE anyway, so everyone is always on fire. As I already mentioned - RN BBs just seem to have advantage in their fire chance, if you count in actual fire resistances of the ships you fire at that difference comes out as no more than 1 shell less landed on target. And if you are talking about Orion - Ishizuchi's still the best firespitter of that tier.

As far as raw HE dmg is concerned - RN and IJN are both equal, both getting the highest at some tiers and always being close behind the other. "Oh but HE penetration..." is useless. All that RN get is the ability to pen a few extra armour belts on CLs, any BB already has more than enough HE pen to go through every non-armour-belt zone. That exptra pen matters on DDs and CAs / CLs not on BBs

I have seen it heal around 10,000 worth of fire damage in around 60 seconds. No idea if that's a precise stat - I was trying to dodge its shells at the time - but I set it on fire, it burnt, withdrew, and healed. This may not be an exceptional heal - not going to argue the point or the figures- but it does show the cumulative mistakes WG are making. They keep introducing responses to things they've got wrong (HE spam, etc) rather than trying to rebalance is the main problem. 

Checked it, Hood has a perfectly normal heal, 0.5% max HP per sec time 28s = he can heal up to 9478 dmg per heal. That's how heals have always worked.

Firing HE at an engaged BB to support your team mates is a very good move. Set fires, burn them down, hit and run. Less so if the enemy can heal all that damage. 

And that's not 1v1-ing anymore. Dealing with a BB as multiple ships tends to not be that hard, especially if that BB is alone. They're generally slow, they don't maneuver particularly well. The only real problem - too low HE caliber to pen their armour - can be easily fixed with IFHE shell (or by just playing German cruisers). Those heals still have cooldowns, and if the BB is overextended he doesn't really get to use more than 1 heal before dying.

It's also called "the end of the game", quite often. Small teams, 3 vs 3 - can often be horrible mismatches because of mechanics meant for 12 v 12. If you could overcome them with skill, great - but often there's no answer.

Caps are your answer. Unless you have someone backing you up there is no reason to ever rush a DD in a BB. For you to delete that DD multiple things have to go just right, while for him to delete you - you just need to get close enough so he can guarantee you won't dodge those torps.

Flint

A ship that you have to be good (or very lucky) to get. Yeah, if we are looking at unicum player stats I'm sure every ship they play looks OP as long as only they are considered.

[-TPF-]
Players
2,115 posts
10,123 battles

And that's not 1v1-ing anymore

I didn't ever say that I was talking about a 1v1. Multiple ships vs one BB is not a problem - two, on the other hand, can be a major problem, especially if the BBs is higher Tier and the cruiser two below. What's the strategy? You can try and damage the BB but it will be probably be able to heal 75% of the damage you do with guns whilst having the ability to wipe you out in one hit. 

This is the dead-end that WG is currently driving the game down. We have a load of premium ships and new lines being thrown into the mix with so little thought about their potential impact. Many would be difficult to counter even if you were a skilled player, familiar and practised, playing with clans or divisions of similarly competent people. But they're being introduced into a game with random PUG teams and an MM which frequently sets up hopeless mismatches. The result is chaos and player anger. "L2P" doesn't work, either: how can you L2P a ship you've just encountered and may not see again for another ten games? The ship owner will be familiar with their tactics, you might get a hint before you get nuked. Alternatively - as happens with games involving CVs - you may have no chance at all. Tier V BB, 1920s design, with no AA or rudder/acceleration mod vs Kaga's 7 plane torp squadrons or Saipan's Tier IX planes? There's fun and engaging. WG have messed up and continue to do so, just to get product out. It's not going to end well. 

Caps are your answer. Unless you have someone backing you up there is no reason to ever rush a DD in a BB. For you to delete that DD multiple things have to go just right, while for him to delete you - you just need to get close enough so he can guarantee you won't dodge those torps.

...and in a standard battle? All the problems you've mentioned still apply, but I've got even fewer options in response. That's not a good end to a game.

• Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles

What's the strategy?

Keep moving, give as small uninteresting target as possible, don't get hit and pray to RNGesus. As simple as that.

You can try and damage the BB but it will be probably be able to heal 75% of the damage you do with guns whilst having the ability to wipe you out in one hit. 

Let me repeat: heals have COOLDOWNS. And healing 8...10k per heal with up to 5 heals over like 10 min - if that's your problem I'm afraid you're doing something very very wrong.

HE damage is partially repairable, only fires from it are 100% (altho I'm pretty sure you used to be able to repair 100% HE dmg even as recent as half a year ago). Ap pens are partially repairable, overpens can be repaired 100%, citadels have very low repairability rate. Torps seem to work like AP depending on where you hit (bow / stern = pen, midships = citadel), flooding can be 100% repaired.

The only exception would be RN Superheal (Nelson, Lion, Conq), healing up to 40-ish k dmg, but those ships come with low base HP, basically no protection from HE (unless you hit a turret or main belt) and you aren't supposed to burn them down in the 1st place.

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Many would be difficult to counter even if you were a skilled player, familiar and practised

Reference to RN BBs? peoples reluctance to learn how to deal with them doesn't mean it can't be done. I, personally, still don't have any problem fight them.

how can you L2P a ship you've just encountered and may not see again for another ten games?

Mystical lands of YouTubz and Twitch

The ship owner will be familiar with their tactics, you might get a hint before you get nuked.

General tactics are class (and to some extent to some extent nation) based. You see what class he is - you know the general idea what to expect. Even if you don't know the ship that's more than enough.

Alternatively - as happens with games involving CVs - you may have no chance at all.

Again - you see what CV it is, you know exactly what to expect.

Tier V BB, 1920s design, with no AA or rudder/acceleration mod vs Kaga's 7 plane torp squadrons or Saipan's Tier IX planes?

You don't have to shoot down those planes to dodge at least most of them, do you? Also hang around allies with higher AA ratings like tier 6 & 7 cruisers instead of going on your solo borderhuging adventure

and in a standard battle?

Last time I checked we have caps in standard aswell? And if I'm not mistaken they also tend to be quite a bit bigger than in domination, should be easier to notice. And right in your path as you advance with your team, unless, of course, you were borderhumping 20km behind everyone.