Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zathras_Grimm

Collect Rewards

13 comments in this topic

Players
1,438 posts

Hi, have just received an email asking me to come back to WoWs. I haven't played WoWs in a while due to the mechanics in game that have seen the average damage for Destroyers be at the bottom of the pile and their survivability not much better. As my reasons for wanting to play a war game was to cause damage and wanting to do so in a Destroyer (which is possible with torpedoes - it's just the game mechanics are tweaked to ensure the average damage is poor (look at the stats)),I left. It doesn't look as though the situation has changed any.

Of course I get the irony in the ships they want to give me being a Cruiser and Battleship :Smile_teethhappy:, but wondered if I can just give the gifts to someone who will appreciate them more. I don't intend to give the details of my account to anyone but am more than happy for WoWs to transfer the items to someone who has continued to support them.

Thank you.

• Cool 1

Players
204 posts
329 battles

Sad to hear. DD's  are already strong at setting fires and torpedo love imo, though i understad the hate of radar and sonar for BB's lol. So many tools no negate smoke and drifting isin't the most secure defense when shells hit in a big radius anyway.

I would like some gifted premiums, much appreciated.

Haw played WoT the longest but took a loong brek from it, played WoWP but it's to ez mode for now, so i'm starting out in WoWs and would like a captain trainer/credit grinding ship.

[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,363 battles
39 minutes ago, Zathras_Grimm said:

haven't played WoWs in a while due to the mechanics in game

I am sure I was in a T5 game with you yesterday,  but, good luck, lots of luck for the future.:Smile_honoring:

Players
1,438 posts
1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

Like the thought my friend. Hope it'll be possible.

Trying to remember if WoWs were good at rewarding their supporters or not. As you've replied first happy for you to get the items. :cap_like: (Did they have this many icons before?).

1 hour ago, nimlock said:

Sad to hear. DD's  are already strong at setting fires and torpedo love imo, though i understad the hate of radar and sonar for BB's lol. So many tools no negate smoke and drifting isin't the most secure defense when shells hit in a big radius anyway.

I would like some gifted premiums, much appreciated.

Haw played WoT the longest but took a loong brek from it, played WoWP but it's to ez mode for now, so i'm starting out in WoWs and would like a captain trainer/credit grinding ship.

Destroyers are far from strong I just had a look at the stats for damage, they seem to be at the bottom of the pile! I guess the cries of 'I'm on fire help me, help me!' are still strong then lol.

The torpedo hit rates appear to be below 10% in the main too. That does not seem strong to me, but it doesn't really matter just want someone to benefit.

43 minutes ago, iJoby said:

I am sure I was in a T5 game with you yesterday,  but, good luck, lots of luck for the future.:Smile_honoring:

That would have been amazing lol, but appreciate the best wishes; same to you.

Players
1,438 posts

As I don't really read the forums and just posted here to see if someone can take advantage of the offer if a moderator or the like can PM me if possible that would be great.

I have not collected the 'reward' (why am I getting rewarded lol), but the date says it has to be collected by the 21 January 2018. I will take it nothing can be done if I don't get anything by then.

Fair sailing and all that stuff!

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 hour ago, Zathras_Grimm said:

Destroyers are far from strong I just had a look at the stats for damage, they seem to be at the bottom of the pile! I guess the cries of 'I'm on fire help me, help me!' are still strong then lol.

And yet the impact of a DD in a battle is not necessarily shown in raw damage numbers.

Probably the most influencal class, especially in dominations matches and if there is no (good) CV around.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,412 posts
7,851 battles

DDs don't do much damage but are still very good at winning games.

This is because most damage they do (except maybe IJN DDs) are vs other DDs which have way smaller healthpool than other classes especially BBs.

20k damage may don't sound like much, but for DDs that is mostly all of their HP.  And if the enemy DDs are dead the rest of the enemy team usualy crumbles soon after if no CV is present.

If you want big Damage numbers you have to play BBs (due to caliber) or Chaba running around and burning BBs...

P.S. I wouldn't say no to those ships either especially the cruiser. (should be De Grasse and Guillio Cesare if it is the same welcome back bonus that i heard of)

[STAFU]
Players
47 posts
4,617 battles
5 hours ago, Zathras_Grimm said:

Hi, have just received an email asking me to come back to WoWs. I haven't played WoWs in a while due to the mechanics in game that have seen the average damage for Destroyers be at the bottom of the pile and their survivability not much better. As my reasons for wanting to play a war game was to cause damage and wanting to do so in a Destroyer (which is possible with torpedoes - it's just the game mechanics are tweaked to ensure the average damage is poor (look at the stats)),I left. It doesn't look as though the situation has changed any.

Of course I get the irony in the ships they want to give me being a Cruiser and Battleship :Smile_teethhappy:, but wondered if I can just give the gifts to someone who will appreciate them more. I don't intend to give the details of my account to anyone but am more than happy for WoWs to transfer the items to someone who has continued to support them.

Thank you.

The 'damage' number does not directly relate to the rewards at the end of a game. Other posts indicate that the rewards are based on the % damage you do to other targets, so killing a DD outright gives the same reward as killing a BB outright. Also, you seem to get rewards for other tasks such as being the first to spot ships or killing planes, these don't show up in the damage number. I know from playing a Mino that my final score is far better from killing a few DDs vs spamming shots at BBs for the whole game and my best score ever was from a game with low general ship damage, but also killing 70 planes.

I'm sure someone must have a link to how the end of game numbers pay out.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles
7 hours ago, Zathras_Grimm said:

It s not possible.

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
6 hours ago, Zathras_Grimm said:

Trying to remember if WoWs were good at rewarding their supporters or not. As you've replied first happy for you to get the items. :cap_like: (Did they have this many icons before?).

Lol. I am not complaining. Still a satisfied customer. Loving this game and all the efforts from WG to death. IMO they are rewarding the loyal players as much as the newbies or returning players equally. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,438 posts

Sorry for not replying to some posts, but haven't visited the forums since my last post above.

More free gifts offered (by 5th March); still no change in 'damage balance' in game. Thank you Wargaming, but I would prefer a game where all warships are generally balanced in their results.

As a parting comment I understand how you achieve damage or other results should be different, depending what ship line you captain. But to have damage be soo bad in a war game for one group, that they are constantly the worst performers in a game of war according to the stats, is poor! I don't want more - I just want balance. I always thought balance in game was Wargamming's intention?

I did enjoy the game - no doubt about it! But the differences in results (not how you get them), has made it lose its appeal for me. 

However! I hope all who enjoy this game continue to do so! I had some enjoyable times.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this