Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_chikor

another CV topic ( stats )

24 comments in this topic

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
12,956 battles

Hi guys i am back , with  another topic , this time i will not be whinning about something ^^ .

so some of you might remember me , i used to asked alot of questions here , stupid ones also :p , arround 1 month ago or so ,   and ask for advice and tips on how to play CVs and how to otuplay enemy cv player and igot a lot of help from you guys , especialy  from those who linked me some good youtube channels to learn cv gameplay .

now i am back to talk about CV stats that i managed to get in my latest CVs ( taho / ranger ) .

i will compare my stats in taho to the guy that i learned alot from his vids , i managed to get an absurde ( at least for me ) 114k avrage dmg per game witch is better that the  king of the sea carrier player and the guy that i learned from his vids  the last weeks ( thanks to your recommandation to watch him / farazelth ) 

but the thing is i am losing alot of games , yes i do huge amount of dammage per game but it doesnt change the fact that i still lose ,sometime my team blames me even thi i did the best dmg and most kills . and i think thats because of my strategy with carriers and here it is .

i prefer to do dammage and  be more effective in bombing than enemy CV but i do very little efforst when it comes   killing his planes and spotting enemy ships . 

make no mistake , i do kill enemy planes , i do spot for my team , but its realy a secoundary thing for me , i focus is only doing dmg , is it why i am losing ? 

if so , then how to make a balance , of spotting/protecting ally ships from   enemy cv ,  and doing  dmg 

shot-18.01.12_14.57.39-0576.jpg

[NWP]
Players
6,235 posts
7,369 battles

Spot and possible kill the DD, and spot torps. Im not too damage focused (even when i played mostly lowtier CVs) and i rather spot a DD/torps even tho it means im missing out on damage for the next minute or so.

Not sure how the strategy works on highertiers, but i rather focus fighters first, even if it means my teammate might get attacked. Get Airsuperiorty first, then u can deny strikes. Ofc i understand its harder because bigger hangar capacity on hightiers.

Are u playing Solo? I think playing CV profits more from teamplay. Or basicly, u spot a DD and u will have atleast someone fighting him off.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,557 posts
8,062 battles

being a selfish shellfish that is only concerned with his own damage score as opposed to going for the important targets doesnt win you games? who would have thought... :cap_hmm:

• Funny 1

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
12,956 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

being a selfish shellfish that is only concerned with his own damage score as opposed to going for the important targets doesnt win you games? who would have thought... :cap_hmm:

i am playing the game normaly , but not doing my job perfectly , none does ... 

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Stats for CVs are very hard to interpret other than WR.

As you can be a CV with good stats but you'll rarely be found out as the average CV player is frankly awful. 

You can play all day and win most games but the moment you find someone better you will know about it.

My advice is kill DDs first if you can or spot them if you can't kill but most importantly you must win the air battle vs the enemy CV. Knowing how to position your fighters and how to strafe but that comes from practice. IMO higher level CV play is stacked against USN CVs until they get 2 fighters as you are at best on the defensive with one fighter and at worst simply out played.

Although the USN Prem Carriers are very comfortable to use in my eyes. Both Saipan in Strike and Enterprise are very good as they blend good/OP fighters with decent strike ability.

• Cool 1

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
12,956 battles
23 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Stats for CVs are very hard to interpret other than WR.

As you can be a CV with good stats but you'll rarely be found out as the average CV player is frankly awful. 

You can play all day and win most games but the moment you find someone better you will know about it.

My advice is kill DDs first if you can or spot them if you can't kill but most importantly you must win the air battle vs the enemy CV. Knowing how to position your fighters and how to strafe but that comes from practice. IMO higher level CV play is stacked against USN CVs until they get 2 fighters as you are at best on the defensive with one fighter and at worst simply out played.

Although the USN Prem Carriers are very comfortable to use in my eyes. Both Saipan in Strike and Enterprise are very good as they blend good/OP fighters with decent strike ability.

well thanks for the advice,  i will start to focus DDs in future but if that helps me win the games with my cv but that will lwoer my hight avrage dmg , i guess thats a price to pay :(

as for prem CVs i dont have them at the moment and if i ever get one , it will be the kaga i guess .... 

Players
4,370 posts
7,968 battles
7 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

well thanks for the advice,  i will start to focus DDs in future but if that helps me win the games with my cv but that will lwoer my hight avrage dmg , i guess thats a price to pay :(

I´like to add: if you are not comfortable (yet) with attacking DDs yourself - dont throw everything at them, often its enough, to keep them spotted as much as possible. They cant really torp, cap or play aggressive anymore and if you have a decent team - they will shoot the spotted DD. If you dont have a decent team, then you will most likely lose no matter what so ... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles

I am no CV expert atll, all I can say is that CV starts are hard to analyse but you obviously are doing something wrong since for CV WR is a very good measure.

For your info, here are the stats of 2 people of my ex-clan/current clan who are mainly CV players.

(Note: CV's name/Number of battles/WR/avg dmg)

------------------------------

Taiho        352    77.27%    154,219
Saipan      226    82.74%  109,129

-----------------------
Taiho        397    84.13%    113,951    
Shokaku   443   75.40%     80,980    
Hakuryu    762   79.79%    145,746

---------------------------------------

Farming dmg is so easy with a CV for some players that it is not a good measure -> aka farming 1/2 BB for dmg will usually not win the game when the other CV has been busy getting rid of your DD while you were focused on the red BB.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
6,235 posts
7,369 battles
7 minutes ago, SinkTheOthersNotMe said:

ex-clan/current clan

The problem with that is always: Solo or Division (well seeing the WR i guess 3-man division).

Usually with CVs the WR can be lower or higher than with other ships,  which makes sense because it has such a high influence on the game. When u suck, u will lose more than potatoing in a BB. Same if u are awesome but with better results.

This gets enhanced when u play with division (naturally) since bad CV players will play with more bad players, and vice versa for good players (who will play proper ships when guarateed seeing a CV).

Good Division with CV > Good division without CV.

Cant really take awesome CV WRs as benchmarks when u play solo :Smile-_tongue: (not knowing if the OP is playing solo or not)

• Cool 1

[KTS]
Players
355 posts
4,510 battles

No one can mantain a 75+% without playing in a 3-man division with other skilled players, even a super unicum cv.

IMHO a solo guy can achieve 65% alone, maybe 70% with cv, over 70% is nearly impossible.

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
12,956 battles

so what i understand is , those unicoms get thier winrates by doing divisions ? that explains it for me why i am doing as good dmg as them but lower winrate ...

[KTS]
Players
355 posts
4,510 battles

Wait, a unicum is an unicum.

Playing in a division means that 1/4 of your team is very good, add another couple of decent players and you have more than enough for the win (not always, but often).

But even without doing division, a decent guy should have around 55%, and a great guy is around 60-65%.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,617 posts
12,053 battles
1 hour ago, wot_chikor said:

so what i understand is , those unicoms get thier winrates by doing divisions ? that explains it for me why i am doing as good dmg as them but lower winrate ...

Like mentioned before, it's not that hard to get a lot of damage with CVs; but you have to realise that dealing a lot of damage isn't equal to securing a victory for your team.

e.g.

My first strikes are usually aimed at DDs - take them out and you'll increase the chance of your team winning a lot more than taking out a BB; even though the latter results in 4x to 5x as much damage.

With IJN CVs I almost always use 1 empty DB squadron to spot DDs (and keep them spotted).

I try to predict where DDs might launch torpedoes, and try to spot them as soon as possible to give my allies an early warning.

Tbh (unless the opportunity presents itself) I don't bother attacking BBs in the first quarter of the battle.

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
12,956 battles
1 minute ago, lup3s said:

Like mentioned before, it's not that hard to get a lot of damage with CVs; but you have to realise that dealing a lot of damage isn't equal to securing a victory for your team.

e.g.

My first strikes are usually aimed at DDs - take them out and you'll increase the chance of your team winning a lot more than taking out a BB; even though the latter results in 4x to 5x as much damage.

With IJN CVs I almost always use 1 empty DB squadron to spot DDs (and keep them spotted).

I try to predict where DDs might launch torpedoes, and try to spot them as soon as possible to give my allies an early warning.

Tbh (unless the opportunity presents itself) I don't bother attacking BBs in the first quarter of the battle.

alright , this would be a wholle new play style for me , but as i said before if it makes me win games , i will try .

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles

Of course their stats are partly influenced by playing in DIV.

But solo they are still like most unicums above 60% WR.....

And by the way they are great CV players solo too -> reason why their solo stats are above 60% WR.

Faced one of them in a random (both solo), me in my DM him in his poor T8 CV (our CV was a tomato).

He managed to win the game...........and sink my DM, I was the last one standing and his team still had him and one shima.

Like he said he noticed I was on fire several times -> sent 1 fighter squadron as bait to judge what was remaining of my AA power -> then cross torps attack to finish my DM and he was bottom tier CV in a TX game.

• Cool 1

[WONLY]
Players
310 posts
12,098 battles
4 hours ago, Favuz said:

No one can mantain a 75+% without playing in a 3-man division with other skilled players, even a super unicum cv.

IMHO a solo guy can achieve 65% alone, maybe 70% with cv, over 70% is nearly impossible.

all you need is saipan.

• Cool 2

Players
25 posts
7,490 battles

IJN CV should more focus on DDs ,crossdrop,fighters skills ,planes position ,whole view of the game,APM,etc...all of them need constant proficiency,Hiryu is suitable for practice,try playing it until its solo WR reaches 60%,Taiho is not for you right now.

• Cool 1

Players
161 posts
9,012 battles

@wot_chikor This is a very very common problem with the current CV playerbase. I'll ask you a question to point out your problem:

Even if you deal 200k dmg to the enemy ships, if you don't protect your team against the enemy CV, then he'll just do the same 200k to your team. Do you seriously think this will give you any advantage?

The main idea in playing CVs is to "provide support to your team", "bomb your enemies", and "prevent enemy CV from bombing your team". You need to do all these 3 to have the highest chance to win. Doing only dmg is actually the worst thing you can do for your team. I'll try to explain each of these as simple as possible:

1)Provide support for your team: This can mean a lot of things, such as :

A-Spotting enemies: You perform this by simply flying your planes over the enemy team in the beginning of the match. This'll give your team enough intel to guess where the majority of the enemy team is headed. Then, they'll make better judgements about what to do next. This is extremely important and plays a major role in the outcome of the game. Make sure you keep as many enemies as possible spotted throughout the game.

Also, spotting enemy destroyers is a wonderful benefit to your team, as derstoryers' performance relies on staying hidden. You don't need to keep your planes in danger all the time though, just spot them for a few brief seconds and that'll tell your team a lot. In case that your team is able to shoot that DD, keep your plane above it, even if you lose a few planes. You have dozens of planes, but the enemy only has a few destroyers. And in case that that destroyer runs away to his team for AA support, it's still an advantage for you because a DD shouldn't be that far back, where his torps won't reach anything, and he won't be able to spot/shoot anything, he'll be as good as disabled. By the way, if you see any enemy with very low HP, and he's about to get concealed, keep him spotted. And have faith in your team to sink him. Using F3 key works wonders :)

As for using which planes to spot the enemies, I'll leave it up to your experience.

B-Denying enemy CV from scouting your team: Remember how important it is to spot the enemies. This is just as important to the enemies. If they don't/can't have any idea about what your team is doing, they're more likely to make wrong moves, at any stage of the battle. This is not something that has a "direct" effect, it's rather indirect, a long term but a powerful one.

C-Spotting enemy torpedoes: This is something i occasionally find myself doing recently. Let's say that you see 1 of your teammates sitting in smoke and shooting the enemies, and showing broadside to the direction where enemy DDs are likely to be, I send a plane(usually fighter) a few kilometers furter than the smoke to spot incoming torps sooner. Doing this can actually save one of your teammate's life. Just for keeping a plane in a strategic position for a minute or two.

2)Bomb your enemies:

Well, i think you're doing fine on this one, so I'll save myself some time and skip this part. Just wanted to point out that you'll actually do more dmg by using DoT (damage over time) instead of just striking everyting in 1 run.

3)Prevent enemy CV from bombing your team

Keeping your team safe from enemy CV strikes is one of your main missions and a primary responsibility as a CV player. This is why you have fighters for. IJN CVs have at least 2 squadrons of them, don't keep them at the same place. Scatter them, and make sure you keep them as close to your heavy ships as possible, so that enemy CV will have a hard time attacking (or won't even bother to attack). As for what I do, I usually keep a fighter in F4 and one in F7 (depends on the map though). The idea behind this is to deny enemy DDs from getting a central position, keep enemy fighters away from the center so that he cant spot my team, and also, since they're in kinda central position, they can reach flanks in a rather short time when enemy planes are spotted.

• Cool 2

Players
1,282 posts
7,450 battles

I consider it's much more important for win to sink three enemy ships (say, three dds, two dds and a cruiser, etc) in three attacks than using the same three attacks for sinking a single enemy battleship. Sure, the damage output will be much lower, but it's much more benefical for the team. As for the rest of the advices I can't say anything that wasn´t already said.

Btw...

18 hours ago, Favuz said:

I have only 31 battles in divisions in total.

But in my Zuiho I have 1000 battles with a 77,5% win rate. However my average damage per battle isn't high.

• Cool 1

[KTS]
Players
355 posts
4,510 battles
4 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

I have only 31 battles in divisions in total.

But in my Zuiho I have 1000 battles with a 77,5% win rate. However my average damage per battle isn't high.

How many of that 1000 battles have been played before strafe and alt attack removal?

How many of them have been played with AS?

I've played tier 5 cv, and a lot of guys are unexperienced (including me), and in my 60 battles at tier 4-5 i will have found no more than 10 captains with AS.

I'm talking about general high tier play (including cv tier 7+), not isolated cases of seal clubbing.

Players
1,282 posts
7,450 battles
40 minutes ago, Favuz said:

How many of that 1000 battles have been played before strafe and alt attack removal?

How many of them have been played with AS?

I've played tier 5 cv, and a lot of guys are unexperienced (including me), and in my 60 battles at tier 4-5 i will have found no more than 10 captains with AS.

I'm talking about general high tier play (including cv tier 7+), not isolated cases of seal clubbing.

I would say at least 600 of these before manual attack removals.

Zuiho has no AS setup!!

[KTS]
Players
355 posts
4,510 battles

Of course, i was talking about air supreamacy, which is mandatory for any cv, but not all noob cv players have a 10 point captain ready when they start the line.:Smile_smile:

Players
1,282 posts
7,450 battles
19 minutes ago, Favuz said:

Of course, i was talking about air supreamacy, which is mandatory for any cv, but not all noob cv players have a 10 point captain ready when they start the line.:Smile_smile:

Ahh... Believe it or not I just started using that skill since the nerf of the USN Carriers two versions ago or so.

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
12,956 battles
10 hours ago, Fubucky said:

@wot_chikor This is a very very common problem with the current CV playerbase. I'll ask you a question to point out your problem:

Even if you deal 200k dmg to the enemy ships, if you don't protect your team against the enemy CV, then he'll just do the same 200k to your team. Do you seriously think this will give you any advantage?

The main idea in playing CVs is to "provide support to your team", "bomb your enemies", and "prevent enemy CV from bombing your team". You need to do all these 3 to have the highest chance to win. Doing only dmg is actually the worst thing you can do for your team. I'll try to explain each of these as simple as possible:

alright , i red that and i benifited alot from what you said , , these advices mean that i have to change my style completly of corse , but i will give it a try , i will try to change my playstyle to be more team-oriented , if that gives me better chance to win  i remember arround a month ago when i had no idea how to play CVs but with the support from  you guys i have now purple stats in my CVs , i will hopefully get the same color for winrate by following what you said . 

thansk alot 

Sign in to follow this