Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Taniyama

Tier X - US v Japanese Carriers.

67 comments in this topic

[49TH]
Players
30 posts
9,594 battles

Does anybody else think that the Hakuryu is outclassed by the Midway?

Even the hanger on the Midway is bigger.

Midway - 136 units.

2 fighter squads, x7 aircraft with skill.

Hakuryu – 100 units.

Either:

2x fighter squads, x5 with skill.

4x fighter squads, x5 with skill.

Either way, the fighters on the US side do more damage and by far have alot more ammo.

I’ve got to admit. I’m finding playing Tier X Carriers annoying, because you know that the Midway is almost certainly a win card in the right hands with maximised skills. And since the introduction of the fighter sweep? It's made things even worse, because the US fighters are more suited for it. 

Well that's what I think. :Smile_Default:

1,471 posts
10,086 battles
18 minutes ago, Taniyama said:

Midway - 136 units.

Hakuryu – 100 units.

Either:

Either way, the fighters on the US side do more damage and by far have alot more ammo.

I’ve got to admit. I’m finding playing Tier X Carriers annoying, because you know that the Midway is almost certainly a win card in the right hands with maximised skills. And since the introduction of the fighter sweep? It's made things even worse, because the US fighters are more suited for it. 

I don't think Haku is outclassed.

However, double edged sword.

Midway is better in noobish hands, if you fail with Haku ur team gonna feel it.

[49TH]
Players
30 posts
9,594 battles
36 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

I don't think Haku is outclassed.

However, double edged sword.

"Midway is better in noobish hands, if you fail with Haku ur team gonna feel it."

That’s a rather simplistic answer, but you’ve just proved the Hakuryu is outclassed by the Midway.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,101 posts
14,384 battles

The Hakuryu VS Midway used to be more balanced with the Haky with better strike reliability and the Midway with better air control. As it is now, I see no real reason to use a Haky over the Midway no matter what. I'm not certain about the best way to balance it however, the Midway as she is right now is a bit too much in my mind.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,191 posts
14,440 battles

Haku has faster turnaround times, Midway gets more alpha per strike. In terms of strike potential I'd say they're actually both pretty even.

Midway has a pretty substantial advantage in terms of air control, but here she also suffers from horrendous service times. Since fighter engagements in high tier generally come down more to skill than anything Haku does have chances if she plays right, but in a stupid straight up click fight or head on strafe Midway obviously reigns supreme.

Beta Tester
1,276 posts
7,933 battles
2 hours ago, Taniyama said:

I’ve got to admit. I’m finding playing Tier X Carriers annoying, because you know that the Midway is almost certainly a win card in the right hands with maximised skills.

Both T10 CVs are OP in comparison to the other ship classes and have far more influence on the outcome of the match, which requires huge nerfs, dont worry about that.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
4,462 posts
9,777 battles

Currently they're performing very similarly statisticly (unlike before), so there's really no cause to say either is outclassing the other (while you could say that the haku did before the recent changes to loadouts).

*edited*

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming & Shaming

Players
2,171 posts
16,788 battles

Just one example - you lose your Fighter Squad (Midway) one Time because of des mo AA , AA DD in the smoke or a minotaur miles away.

The Service Time itself takes 1.48min and you also need 12sek to Start the squad and fly to the point you are needed on the map.

In total you are around 2.30-3.00min out of game if you lose a squad - Haku has by far less Service Time (48sek i guess) .

Yes Midway is very strong now but Outclass the Haku ?

Not at all - just difficult because you need certain amount of skill to Win the Fighter combat simply because click does not work and you need to protect your dds because of the Cross Drop Potential.

LG

Justice

Players
762 posts
3,402 battles
2 minutes ago, absolute_justice said:

Just one example - you lose your Fighter Squad (Midway) one Time because of des mo AA , AA DD in the smoke or a minotaur miles away.

The Service Time itself takes 1.48min and you also need 12sek to Start the squad and fly to the point you are needed on the map.

In total you are around 2.30-3.00min out of game if you lose a squad - Haku has by far less Service Time (48sek i guess) .

This is very true. Heres an Example, now A Hakuryuu, He uses his Cruisers AA Range to his advantage, lures Midways fighters, they overextend and AA gets them. Now almost every Hakuryuu player in their right mind WILL be using the 233 loadout, and that loadout can really cripple or destroy a Yamato even. 2:30 is a long enough time for a Jap CV to find an Isolated target, carry out a full strike and seal the deal with a Torpedo bomber strike causing flooding way out of repair. and by the time the last squad even leave the AA of that ship, only then will Midways fighters be ready for air control. Then itll be a stalemate in the sky for a long time unless someone baits and destroys enemy Fighter aircraft. But If I were to say so myself, Midway is more forgiving due to her Hangar. To play Hakuryuu you should be able to have a well enough knowlefge of Baiting, counterstrafing etc. etc.

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles

1 CV (T8+) are OP and have too much influence on random games.

2  A tomato CV player will always suck against a good to great CV player and usually lose the game for their team, no matter which CV he is using -> reason why CV at high tier are a big issue.

3 The great CV players I know (at least 3 of them in the top 20 on the server) all prefer the haku -> simply because flight servicing.

[DIKI]
Players
1,228 posts
299 battles
12 hours ago, Taniyama said:

Midway - 136 units.

Hakuryu – 100 units.

Either:

Hakuryu for any competitive play is still only viable chioce.

For randoms Midway got much stronger than before, but still there is large rng from bombers + long reload of planes.

They are on pair right now, midway has larger aplha and air domination, but Hakuryou has more strike in game + dont forget TB are t 10

[DIKI]
Players
1,228 posts
299 battles
11 hours ago, avenger121 said:

Both T10 CVs are OP in comparison to the other ship classes and have far more influence on the outcome of the match, which requires huge nerfs, dont worry about that.

LTP issue

[DIKI]
Players
1,228 posts
299 battles
5 minutes ago, avenger121 said:

https://wows-numbers.com/player/549493167,veslingr/

How is it going with rerolling and sealclubbing? Would you like to add more to your statement? :cap_like:

no, my statement is sel-explanatory, it is LTP issue, in any tournament CV on t10 is reduced to scouting. AAA is so strong that if there is no LTP issue CV is much under control and its influence is same as dds

Beta Tester
1,276 posts
7,933 battles
1 hour ago, veslingr said:

no, my statement is sel-explanatory, it is LTP issue, in any tournament CV on t10 is reduced to scouting. AAA is so strong that if there is no LTP issue CV is much under control and its influence is same as dds

Ah, the good old random matches = tournament matches argument, I am pretty sure the average random team is just as coordinated as a CW team, all sitting on TS, having practice and training to play efficiently together. Also I am pretty sure that the average random player just as good as some guy from TTT/OMNI/whatever is.

Furthermore I am very sure that CW is the main game mode, one of the reasons why it is very rarely available, and the game is balanced around those matches.

So all in all your statement was pretty great, at least when it comes to being completly wrong.

• Funny 2

1,471 posts
10,086 battles
2 hours ago, veslingr said:

Hakuryu for any competitive play is still only viable chioce.

For randoms Midway got much stronger than before, but still there is large rng from bombers + long reload of planes.

They are on pair right now, midway has larger aplha and air domination, but Hakuryou has more strike in game + dont forget TB are t 10

MY team wont let me play Haku.

They insist on Midway :( suckers  indeed. Do not understand potential of Haku.

[DIKI]
Players
1,228 posts
299 battles
10 minutes ago, avenger121 said:

Ah, the good old random matches = tournament matches argument, I am pretty sure the average random team is just as coordinated as a CW team, all sitting on TS, having practice and training to play efficiently together. Also I am pretty sure that the average random player just as good as some guy from TTT/OMNI/whatever is.

Furthermore I am very sure that CW is the main game mode, one of the reasons why it is very rarely available, and the game is balanced around those matches.

So all in all your statement was pretty great, at least when it comes to being completly wrong.

thx for confirming to us it is in fact LTP issue of "random" aka braindead players we have in wows right now

[ZPT]
Players
4,564 posts
Vor 13 Stunden, avenger121 sagte:

The only huge nerf we require is a BB nerf concerning their concealment, ruddershiftime, AA performance and accuracy....

[DIKI]
Players
1,228 posts
299 battles
Just now, Boris_MNE said:

MY team wont let me play Haku.

They insist on Midway :( suckers  indeed. Do not understand potential of Haku.

join OSC we need 1 more CV player :)

shammles recruitment :)

1,471 posts
10,086 battles
14 hours ago, Taniyama said:

That’s a rather simplistic answer, but you’ve just proved the Hakuryu is outclassed by the Midway.

huh?

Players
1,830 posts
10,289 battles

@avenger121

Oi avenger at least troll the right thread if you're gonna talk about your usual stuff. Its this one:

Of all the juicy CV threads out on the main page these days you just have to pick the one comparing the tier 10 CVs. Disappointed:cap_old:

Beta Tester
1,276 posts
7,933 battles
1 hour ago, veslingr said:

thx for confirming to us it is in fact LTP issue of "random" aka braindead players we have in wows right now

It would be in a personal case, but this is the environment and CVs are in such a environtment, the main game mode, cancerous as hell and therefore should be nerfed asap.

1 hour ago, Amarandh said:

The only huge nerf we require is a BB nerf concerning their concealment, ruddershiftime, AA performance and accuracy....

Spoken like a true CV apologist, nerf AA here, nerf AA there, why dont we go back to old CBT times, and even in such a case your kind would still whine about AA, as it was the case during those times.

• Funny 1

[ZPT]
Players
4,564 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, avenger121 sagte:

Spoken like a true CV apologist, nerf AA here, nerf AA there, why dont we go back to old CBT times, and even in such a case your kind would still whine about AA, as it was the case during those times.

Spoken like a true BB Kevin. BBs are far too strong. They need to be nerfed. BTW, i not only mentioned AA....

[RAIN]
[RAIN]
Community Contributor
916 posts
11,470 battles
1 minute ago, avenger121 said:

It would be in a personal case, but this is the environment and CVs are in such a environtment, the main game mode, cancerous as hell and therefore should be nerfed asap.

Just .....:Smile_amazed:

Ok

Sign in to follow this