Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
deBanfield

Nürnberg Hit Points

12 comments in this topic

Players
64 posts
2,259 battles

My Nürnberg (B) has 29,100 HP. I have the Survivability Expert ticked in the commander skills which should give me 350 HP extra for every tier of the ship, a tier VI.

Yet, I find that I get no more HP at all. Why?

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

There must be something wrong, can we have a screenshot maybe?

edit: just checked, Nürnberg (B) has 27.000 HP without any skill, so its 27.000 (base) + 2.100 (skill) = 29.100 (total).

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles

is the commander trained for that ship? Don't remember if it's a skill or perk (or whatever they are called) - might be that the captain has to be fully retrained for her for that to work

[BABBY]
Players
464 posts
8,726 battles

Nurnberg has 27000hp, the 29100 you have displayed already has the additional 2100 (6x350). That said it is a pretty bad skill for a cruiser, especially one that eats citadels with each hit.

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,925 posts
17,156 battles

Just like he said, no point to use valuable commander points on that skill for a Cruiser. DD is fine and still useful, but anything else seems like a waste. :cap_hmm:

Give it Basic firing training or demolition expert instead. :cap_like:

• Cool 2

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
6 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Just like he said, no point to use valuable commander points on that skill for a Cruiser. DD is fine and still useful, but anything else seems like a waste. :cap_hmm:

Give it Basic firing training or demolition expert instead. :cap_like:

But how else can I check if the enemy Kurfürst's commander is already retrained? :Smile_ohmy:

[ONE2]
Players
2,925 posts
17,156 battles

:Smile_ohmy: Ehh? Er, well even if not retrained when Kurfurst coughs AWAY from Nurnberg, it gets insta-Citadelled and LOL-penned to death 10 times over... I know, I checked - And I never even got as far as Kurfurst...:Smile_sceptic:

The point being @deBanfield that even 1 tier 6 Destroyer's AP round can easily inflict more damage than the measly 2100 additional HP you get by using up your 3 commander points, that will not extend your life in a game long enough to accomplish anything. Perhaps just for a 1 more reload, max because by the time this HP becomes relevant you are already a one-shot kill to anybody and with Cruiser stealth, escape and disappearing into concealment will be highly unlikely. So you'd be better advised to use those same points on a skill, which allows you to do more damage during the time you stay alive instead. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

I'd rather be in my Russian tier ten light cruiser about twelve kilometres away, blazing at 48 knots, rejoicing he has no Fire Prevention and Basics of Survivability... :cap_rambo:

Players
64 posts
2,259 battles

One more thing. Why is it that when I click the repair R icon, no repairs occur? Is there a commander skill necessary?

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
20 minutes ago, deBanfield said:

One more thing. Why is it that when I click the repair R icon, no repairs occur? Is there a commander skill necessary?

If you are still on the Nürnberg: She can't repair HP.

R is - by default - the Damage Control Party which extinguishes fires, stops flooding and repairs disabled (but not broken) modules like guns, engines and torpedoe tubes.

The Repair Party which lets you repair HP is available on BBs, CAs of tier IX+, RN CLs, some DDs and on some other ships like the Atago. The repairable amount of HP is shown by the light grey part in the HP bar on the bottom left.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
1,055 posts
8,438 battles

1600 battles?

Is this your first foray into Cruisers, captain?

Sign in to follow this