You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
philsta

Account locked after Paypal finds in my favour

61 comments in this topic

Players
82 posts
9,176 battles

Thought I'd raise this here as it seems rather hard to get a response from wargaming and one of the mods may see this and escalate it. Bought some Xmass crates on the 25/12/2017, two sets one for me and one for a mate and a gift. I got mine just fine but he never received his so I tried to raise a ticket but trying to find the right way to do it on this site is a total chore and therefore I raised one with Paypal.  Today I get a mail from Paypal saying that they have found in my favour and will refund the money ( only £16.25 ) so all is well, later I try to log into WOWS and my account is permanently locked!!!!! I have since raised a ticket with WG with all the details and await their response. Bit of a joke really don't you think, a customer of WG for the past 8 years, never had an issue and have spent way too much on their products and they treat you like this? 

Of course it could be some kind of overzealous automated system, a simple mistake or just sheer incompetence. I'm hoping it's just a simple mistake and quickly resolved.  

Update 13/01/2018:

Well it was all resolved, WG reinstated my account, refunded me the lost premium time and all is well, it turns out it was down to a typo, I missed one digit from the gift recipient's username so it ended up going to a unused account. Credit where it's due the representative who sorted it out did a good job. 

Edited by philsta
Issue resolved, WG rep did well
  • Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
15,931 posts
11,179 battles

If WG thinks you owe them money, that is the best way to pressure you.

It would have been better to work with WG CS. Maybe you typed your friends name wrong and sent somebody else the present.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,369 battles

Let me get this correct.. You could not be bothered to log a support call about non receipt of goods with Wargaming.

it takes 4 mouse clicks after clicking the Support button to I have not received my purchase.. A chore? Realy

You just blocked payment with Paypal. So paypal give you  a refund and then demand money from WG. Wargaming Block your account. And you are surprised. :Smile_facepalm:

Come to Forum to complain :Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm:

As ColonelPete they think you ow them money for delivered goods.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,910 posts
7,772 battles

You dont take money from wg, you give money to wg :)

Anyways just raise a ticked ... I am sure you will get resolved. Probably its just automatic (precaution) since paypal revoked the payment.

Good luck.

• Cool 1

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
4,726 battles

The locking of your account was automatic upon withdrawal of the paypal payment.

The proper way to deal with the issue would have been to use WarGaming's ticket system before going directly to PayPal for a refund.

Players
82 posts
9,176 battles

No I checked all the details and they were right,  I've also got a ticket raised with CS so I'm sure it will be resolved soon, hopefully very soon as I want to finish the North Cape mission and I'm at the final stage. I've worked in IT long enough to know these things happen sometimes, often it's no ones fault and just a mistake.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles

Your friend knows he has to accept the gift via Email first before he gets them credited to his account, right?

Because if he simply looked ingame without accepting the gift beforehand, he will see nothing even if WG sent him the gift notice.

Always, ALWAYS run through support before cancelling payments, otherwise all they see is you not complying with the purchase contract.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,369 battles
6 minutes ago, philsta said:

No I checked all the details and they were right,  I've also got a ticket raised with CS so I'm sure it will be resolved soon, hopefully very soon as I want to finish the North Cape mission and I'm at the final stage. I've worked in IT long enough to know these things happen sometimes, often it's no ones fault and just a mistake.

So why come to forum and complain?

Also for future Reference old chap.. Send a PM to a moderator like MrConway or Tuccy if you want there help or use @(and name) to address them and get there attention in you post.

You do realise if you gift someone they get an Email and they have to accept the gift by clicking on URL before the gift will  be in game?

Players
82 posts
9,176 battles
2 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Let me get this correct.. You could not be bothered to log a support call about non receipt of goods with Wargaming.

it takes 4 mouse clicks after clicking the Support button to I have not received my purchase.. A chore? Realy

You just blocked payment with Paypal. So paypal give you  a refund and then demand money from WG. Wargaming Block your account. And you are surprised. :Smile_facepalm:

You sound like one of those WG fanboys, nothing they ever do is wrong and if I  just getgud it will all be fine. I didn't block any payment with PayPal just raised a case with them to investigate the issue, when I pay for goods and services I expect to receive them if I don't I will use my consumer rights. Simple as that, considering I've been using WG products since  06/11/2011 and have never had a problem with them before I kind of know what I'm talking about. Mistakes happen it will be fixed, 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,369 battles
9 minutes ago, philsta said:

You sound like one of those WG fanboys, nothing they ever do is wrong and if I  just getgud it will all be fine. I didn't block any payment with PayPal just raised a case with them to investigate the issue, when I pay for goods and services I expect to receive them if I don't I will use my consumer rights. Simple as that, considering I've been using WG products since  06/11/2011 and have never had a problem with them before I kind of know what I'm talking about. Mistakes happen it will be fixed, 

No but when you stated at the very first post.. That Friend did not get item. and you did not bother to log support call and just blocked payment.

I don't understand why you are surprised WG locked you account  Its nothing to do with being a fan boy...

It common sense WG will block you account till situation is sorted. Amazon would do the same if they think they had delivered goods and you blocked payment. any company would.

as Aotearas says

Always, ALWAYS run through support before cancelling payments, otherwise all they see is you not complying with the purchase contract.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

I bet it's just your friend not accepting the gift in his email.

Also Support can take 1...3 days to respond, especially if there are a lot of requests at that time.

You got blocked because you pulled back your money, as simple as that

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,369 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Also Support can take 1...3 days to respond, especially if there are a lot of requests at that time.

You got blocked because you pulled back your money, as simple as that

its worse than that

(I tried to raise a ticket but trying to find the right way to do it on this site is a total chore and therefore I raised one with Paypal)

Its 4 mouse clicks to get from portal to I have not received my purchase support call window.  and 2 more click to get to position to type you issue and log ticket

Thats how easy it is

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,193 posts
9,396 battles
21 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Your friend knows he has to accept the gift via Email first before he gets them credited to his account, right?

9 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

This is what came to my mind instantly.

So you bought something, most likely received the item, took the money back (WITHOUT contacting WG) and start complaining as WG locks your account?

Complain to the guy you see in the mirror.

• Funny 1

Players
1,674 posts
12,415 battles
22 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Because if he simply looked ingame without accepting the gift beforehand, he will see nothing even if WG sent him the gift notice.

I don't think he withdrew the payment. Gifts can only be accepted within a given timeframe (2 weeks?) and will become void after that. So if the gift was not accepted by the receiver, PayPal will refund automatically. Just like prepaid pizza that was never delivered to you.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,594 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, deadly_if_swallowed sagte:

Gifts can only be accepted within a given timeframe (2 weeks?)

afaik 4 weeks/30 days.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,369 battles
5 minutes ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

I don't think he withdrew the payment. Gifts can only be accepted within a given timeframe (2 weeks?) and will become void after that. So if the gift was not accepted by the receiver, PayPal will refund automatically. Just like prepaid pizza that was never delivered to you.

Read his post again...

"I got mine just fine but he never received his so I tried to raise a ticket but trying to find the right way to do it on this site is a total chore and therefore I raised one with Paypal.  Today I get a mail from Paypal saying that they have found in my favour and will refund the money ( only £16.25 ) so all is well

He blocked the payment

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,717 posts
9,234 battles
38 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Christ I hate when people do that with my business...
There are dozens of things that can go wrong, a simple email or phone call can clear everything up.

But nooooooooooo
Paypal reclamation, which puts a permanent mark in your Paypal merchant account no matter the outcome.

And on a virtual product with 100% tracability in real time as well.
Ugh.

Triggered.

• Cool 2

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
942 posts
4,298 battles

Don't really know of any business that doesn't block access to virtual good if you issue a chargeback without consulting them first.

Honestly, I really don't know of any judge that would decide in your favor either. You did nothing to actually find the issue and mitigate it but used the financial nuke at the first moment. WG was absolutely right to block you until this issue resolves. How the hell should they know someone didn't steal your data and made fraudulent charges? You never told them.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,369 battles
3 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

There are dozens of things that can go wrong, a simple email or phone call can clear everything up.

But nooooooooooo
Paypal reclamation, which puts a permanent mark in your Paypal merchant account no matter the outcome.

And on a virtual product with 100% tracability in real time as well.
Ugh.

Triggered.

Had it just last month. Item did not arrive from UK asked the vender 2 weeks after estimated date .  Vender told me Royal mail had lost it and said you will have a refund within 24 hours. (I live in Germany)   Parcel arrived next morning. Spammed the vender with mails telling them i had the goods (till they replied) as i did not want them to refund me

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,193 posts
9,396 battles
8 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

That reminds me of a post of you some months ago, about a necklace...

Sometimes my brain works. :Smile_teethhappy:

Supertester
2,374 posts
9,563 battles
1 hour ago, philsta said:

Thought I'd raise this here as it seems rather hard to get a response from wargaming and one of the mods may see this and escalate it. Bought some Xmass crates on the 25/12/2017, two sets one for me and one for a mate and a gift. I got mine just fine but he never received his so I tried to raise a ticket but trying to find the right way to do it on this site is a total chore and therefore I raised one with Paypal.  Today I get a mail from Paypal saying that they have found in my favour and will refund the money ( only £16.25 ) so all is well, later I try to log into WOWS and my account is permanently locked!!!!! I have since raised a ticket with WG with all the details and await their response. Bit of a joke really don't you think, a customer of WG for the past 8 years, never had an issue and have spent way too much on their products and they treat you like this? 

Of course it could be some kind of overzealous automated system, a simple mistake or just sheer incompetence. I'm hoping it's just a simple mistake and quickly resolved.  

They got a payment, something went wrong (no matter whether on your side or theirs) and you revoked that payment. Automatic system bans your account. We have seen that before honestly.

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
181 posts
5,896 battles

Comedy gold OP, thanks for posting :Smile_popcorn:

I am with the others here; I wonder if your buddy didn't accept the gift, not to say that your buddy is a bit slow or anything as it happens fairly frequently - happened to me over the Christmas period too until my friend reminded me to put my mince pie down and go and accept it.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,193 posts
9,396 battles

Account locked after Paypal finds in my favour

Do you think PayPal investigated and found out that WG ripped you off?