You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JohnD0e

SAIPAN NERF!!

49 comments in this topic

[R0RN2]
Players
12 posts
5,513 battles

*edited*

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to discussing forbidden activities

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 3

[DREAD]
Players
454 posts
7,917 battles

I believe it is WG policy to never nerf a premium, so don't hold your breath.

4,830 posts
9,300 battles

I'm a rather new CV player (both lines T6), and I recently bought the Saipan. Now it can be taken away from the shops.

Also I'm running 2/2/0 so if I meet you in battle and you quite... good for me I guess?

Greetings

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,586 battles
7 minutes ago, The_Tyke said:

I believe it is WG policy to never nerf a premium, so don't hold your breath.

Well, they could indirectly nerf the ship by changing a global CV mechanic that effects all CVs, thus not being a specific nerf to a specific ship.

Something like introducing a mechanic that allows fighters to strafe out of fighter engagements at the cost of automatically losing a fighter for example ...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[R0RN2]
Players
12 posts
5,513 battles

You can see the SAIPAN users from the insults they throw at me...hehe.I hope ppl will not feed you planes in the future..then you will quit using the damn saipan and noone will buy it.Only then we can have a better balanced game on tier 7.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,586 battles
1 minute ago, JohnD0e said:

You can see the SAIPAN users from the insults they throw at me...hehe.I hope ppl will not feed you planes in the future..then you will quit using the damn saipan and noone will buy it.Only then we can have a better balanced game on tier 7.

Your proposed method of forcing players to stop playing the Saipan via quitting the game each time you meet one has one tiny little flaw though: if your team's CV quits the game and lets the enemy Saipan do its thing unopposed and just farm damage for free, chances are this will result in a win for the Saipan in the vast majority of games.

How is getting wins and easy damage for free going to dissuade people from using their Saipan?

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,228 posts
336 battles
11 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Well, they could indirectly nerf the ship by changing a global CV mechanic that effects all CVs, thus not being a specific nerf to a specific ship.

Something like introducing a mechanic that allows fighters to strafe out of fighter engagements at the cost of automatically losing a fighter for example ...

we have that now, and they implemented strafe out without penalty because of 3 planes squad.

,Saipan is perfectly balanced in every other aspect, his OPnes is coming from straf out without penalty.

in click fight Saipan fighters loses or are even to other fighters, but strafe out without penalty opens play stile that makes Saipans fighters OP

4,830 posts
9,300 battles
13 minutes ago, JohnD0e said:

Please point out where in my point I insulted you? Honestly I'm curious?

Also: Yes Saipan is a very strong ship (I doubt anyone will deny that) but it is in the game and I think ... just think ... that there are way way way better methods and arguments to use to make it clear to WG that there's currently an imbalance at T7.

Greetings

[R0RN2]
Players
12 posts
5,513 battles
25 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Your proposed method of forcing players to stop playing the Saipan via quitting the game each time you meet one has one tiny little flaw though: if your team's CV quits the game and lets the enemy Saipan do its thing unopposed and just farm damage for free, chances are this will result in a win for the Saipan in the vast majority of games.

How is getting wins and easy damage for free going to dissuade people from using their Saipan?

Well ,if you play  you will only end up feeding the siapan,unless the captain does not have a clue on playng CV's.So it does not mather what you doo againsta Saipan you will be whiped by a decent+ captain just becouse of the stats of that ship.Quit so they can't farm Clear skyes(this is what they use it for  mainly and to lvl up the cpatains).

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

The only problem with Saipan right now is really the special treatment regarding strafing out of dogfights. If it was based on the number of remaining planes (say, nobody loses a plane when strafing out with 3 or less fighters), Saipan would have advantage (since he has smaller squadrons of more powerful planes) but that alone would probably be enough to bring balance to the force.

As Saipan is now, air combat tends to be the question of "does Saipan screw the opponent over or does UI screw Saipan player first" - having planes that are both faster than these of the opponents AND immune to the price of disengaging is... just a bit too much.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,355 posts

TO MANY UPPER CASE LETTERS!!!1!!1111!!!ELEVEN!!!!!

Advertising rule breaking behavior (intentionally disconnecting from battle) is even worse.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,212 posts
15,597 battles

The strafe out mechanic should just be removed now that the AS Ranger has been removed. This special treatment for premium ships is terrible for the game.

• Cool 1

[R0RN2]
Players
12 posts
5,513 battles
3 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

TO MANY UPPER CASE LETTERS!!!1!!1111!!!ELEVEN!!!!!

Advertising rule breaking behavior (intentionally disconnecting from battle) is even worse.

So i should keep feding sipan?!?

[WGB]
Players
198 posts
2,589 battles

I never spend money on this game, ever, but the OP has just give me the incentive to buy a Saipan. :cap_money::cap_like:

• Funny 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,355 posts
3 minutes ago, JohnD0e said:

So i should keep feding sipan?!?

No, you could provide constructive feedback instead of throwing a temper tantrum.

Breaking the rules will do nothing but get your account sanctioned and provide the other team an easy win. Advertising this behavior might get others banned as well. In the end you made it much easier for the Saipan players you despise so much and changed nothing.

• Cool 1

[R0RN2]
Players
12 posts
5,513 battles
1 minute ago, Egoleter said:

No, you could provide constructive feedback instead of throwing a temper tantrum.

Breaking the rules will do nothing but get your account sanctioned and provide the other team an easy win. Advertising this behavior might get others banned as well. In the end you made it much easier for the Saipan players, you despise so much, and changed nothing.

Please boy....breaking the rule?!?! Really?No one gets banned for  quiting since you get plenty of those in Rank Battles.And even if ii doo i will feel better then feedin a saipan.Now if you need   planes to feed your saipan i understand you,but i wont do it until they fix that  troll ship.

4,830 posts
9,300 battles
1 minute ago, JohnD0e said:

Please boy....breaking the rule?!?! Really?No one gets banned for  quiting since you get plenty of those in Rank Battles.And even if ii doo i will feel better then feedin a saipan.Now if you need   planes to feed your saipan i understand you,but i wont do it until they fix that  troll ship.

So you think it's better to leave your team alone in a TEAM game because you don't like the ship your direct opponent has? Interesting. When I did Ranked battles in my Fiji and faced a Belfast I tried my uttmost to wreck it, because it's influence is rather large (though admittetly not as large as a well played CV).

Btw. you didn't answer my question from above...

Greetings

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,586 battles
1 hour ago, veslingr said:

we have that now, and they implemented strafe out without penalty because of 3 planes squad.

,Saipan is perfectly balanced in every other aspect, his OPnes is coming from straf out without penalty.

in click fight Saipan fighters loses or are even to other fighters, but strafe out without penalty opens play stile that makes Saipans fighters OP

I know, I was being facetious.

And I wouldn't argue that the Saipan were perfectly balanced outside the free strafe-outs, considering that having tier IX planes means they are ludicrously tough for tier VII~ AA to take out (let alone tier VI ... let's not even think about tier V). Outside singular AA powerhouses like the Cleveland, Atlanta or specifically full AA spec'ed ships you really only start seeing AA that can reliably cull Saipan planes at tier VIII, i.e.: if the Saipan is being uptiered.

If I were to think about balance tweaks for the Saipan, I'd lower the plane tier to at least tier VIII if I wanted to keep the smaller squadrons and then either increased the fighter squadron size to 4 and get rid of the strafe-out exception, or keep the 3 fighter squadrons and the exception but slash their ammunition loadout significantly so a Saipan player making ample use of the strafe-out has to recall his fighters for resupplies after a couple strafes.

But alas, woe be upon WG if they actually nerfed a premium ship ...

46 minutes ago, JohnD0e said:

No one gets banned for quiting

And it's about time that changes so no one gets to think themselves smart for ragequitting a game just because the matchmaker gives them a challenge.

If you want to play a game where you win without effort, go play Mario Kart 8. I hear the autodrive function wins races completely without input if you drive in the 50ccm category.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,228 posts
336 battles
5 minutes ago, JohnD0e said:

or...just idea....play other tiers if Saipan bugs you so much?

In this game still skill vs Opnes os ship rule is valid....you can outplay hordes Saipans.

Piictures speeks 1000 words

Bez naslova.jpg

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,355 posts
9 minutes ago, JohnD0e said:

21aqbc.jpg

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1