Sign in to follow this  
affie

Mighty Mo, only half way there, what to do?

22 comments in this topic

[-SOG-]
Players
373 posts
6,536 battles

I have a small problem with the new time-limit we were given with Missouri dissappearing soon and would like to have some assistance.

On my account I have racked up 375.000 free experience and I am sure I won't be able to grind the rest needed for the Missouri, my long term goal. Partly cause I run non-premium account and mostly cause I am a seafarer working month on/off att sea.

I am grinding my way toward high tier ships (at T8 currently) and haven't met any major credit-sink yet. The premiums I have are either "won" in-game (Kamikaze and Graf Spee) or bought cause they give me something the techtree can't (Scharnhorst and Blyskavica).

Now my question is if the Mighty Mo is unique enough from the Iowa (and rest of BBs) with its RADAR to fit along with Scharnhorst or is this more of a gimmick? And is it worth buy/convert the rest of the free experience to get my hands on her?

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,293 posts
16,472 battles

She's technically speaking not particularly unique as she's "just" an Iowa with radar and hilarious credit earning potential. However combining the traits of an Iowa, which is already a very good ship, with radar does make Missouri overpowered.

She won't do you any good if you can't play high tier USN BBs, though.

On the other hand if you are capable of playing them and enjoy it Missouri can be thoroughly recommended.

Beta Tester
821 posts
12,984 battles

Dont think its that special to desperately spending real money to get her, better use it on something else.

Players
159 posts
3,999 battles

If you don't want to convert your free xp for cash to buy the Mo, have you thought about using your free xp for HMS Nelson.

Worth a thought :cap_yes:

I love my Nelson, insane heal, good guns (HE is great and AP is very solid), armour is good, you have a citadel that above the waterline, so don't show too much broadside but that's normal lol, she's definitely worth spending your free xp on. 

[-SOG-]
Players
373 posts
6,536 battles

Okay, so difference between Missouri and Iowa is not as big as the difference between Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, and RADAR is more a nice to have than what helps the Missouri excel, am I right?

I have thought of the Nelson, love it's looks, but everyone I have asked about the subject has told me to save for Missouri and then go for the Nelson.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
166 posts
9,012 battles

I got both so can share my opinion.

If you don't have premium, try to get Missouri cause you will need credits. You won't get as much, but with flags and camos, you will make profit.

You'll need premium time for getting high tier ships and financing their playing (all premium consumables etc.). If you're seafarer, you should have enough to pay for premium, I know ;)

Missouri & Iowa feel like best T9 BBs (haven't played Lion tho). Great speed, great concealment, accurate guns, can even brawl if needed.

If you plan on grinding US BB line, get Missouri. I got it before grind, so played New York onward with 19-point captain. Much easier!

Nelson might be easier to play cause lower tier. Sit back, spam HE. It has great heal, also quite accurate guns. However, it's slow, and it gets damaged a lot cause it gets overmatched by all T8 BBs onwards, possibly even lower. You can use it to train your UK BB captains.

I don't think it's worth it to spend money on free xp to get Missouri. Better use it for premium time when you're home and playing.

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

I'm going for Missouri as well, and I'm pretty much there (only 15k left). Only thing I've ever bought with money was to round up a few more doubloons for the Bismarck premium camo (I already had most of it from various rewards).

If you do want to try to grind her, just use your highest tier ships you do reasonably well in consistently and stack on all XP and free XP flags you have, along with camo. If you've got doubloons or want to pay money, buying premium time for your grind days isn't bad at all (that's also going to give you a good credit boost), and as mentioned, you can always convert elite XP.

Whether all that is worth it is up to you. Everyone have different limits for acceptable costs, both time and money.

Personally, the main reason I'm going for her is that I don't have any USN BBs (or CAs, for that matter), so compared to the replacement (I'm only some 40k XP away from Yamato), I'm actually getting something new and unique from my point of view, and I don't have any USN premiums other than Smith, but I do have all DDs except for Gearing (which I've got researched).

[RAIN]
Players
109 posts
6,896 battles
On 10-1-2018 at 3:33 AM, affie said:

I have a small problem with the new time-limit we were given with Missouri dissappearing soon and would like to have some assistance.

On my account I have racked up 375.000 free experience and I am sure I won't be able to grind the rest needed for the Missouri, my long term goal. Partly cause I run non-premium account and mostly cause I am a seafarer working month on/off att sea.

I am grinding my way toward high tier ships (at T8 currently) and haven't met any major credit-sink yet. The premiums I have are either "won" in-game (Kamikaze and Graf Spee) or bought cause they give me something the techtree can't (Scharnhorst and Blyskavica).

Now my question is if the Mighty Mo is unique enough from the Iowa (and rest of BBs) with its RADAR to fit along with Scharnhorst or is this more of a gimmick? And is it worth buy/convert the rest of the free experience to get my hands on her?

You will not reach it before time or ask your mom creditcard: will be +/-  $50, or get the Nelson -> prefer Mighty MO!!!

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,176 battles

While Nelson is a Fun Ship it dont even remotely has the credit per game potential of the Missouri.

Missouri is worth it but like pther said allready only if you like the high tir Meta and be confortable with stealth build all for nothing US BBs.

Radar is a Bonus just dont let it dictate were you should go at the satrt of a match.

Luckyly i dont need to chose i have the Free exp for Musashi and have both Free exp ships in port :cap_viking:

[-SOG-]
Players
373 posts
6,536 battles
18 hours ago, jerkchicken said:

You will not reach it before time or ask your mom creditcard: will be +/-  $50, or get the Nelson -> prefer Mighty MO!!!

I probably won't, that's why I am asking if the Mo is worth 50€ or not? Not really that found of you thinking I am a child cause I want to know the value of Mo...

All in all, I start to feel I will save my free experience and maybe get the Musahsi instead, or go for the Nelson. As I said earlier I like uniqe ships, and Nelson are probably a bit more unique than either of the T9 premiums. As for credits I happily fool around in my Kamikaze and having a laugh.

[HEROZ]
Players
764 posts
6,754 battles
On 13.01.2018 at 11:27 AM, affie said:

I probably won't, that's why I am asking if the Mo is worth 50€ or not? Not really that found of you thinking I am a child cause I want to know the value of Mo...

All in all, I start to feel I will save my free experience and maybe get the Musahsi instead, or go for the Nelson. As I said earlier I like uniqe ships, and Nelson are probably a bit more unique than either of the T9 premiums. As for credits I happily fool around in my Kamikaze and having a laugh.

Personally i think that paying real money to convert free xp is pointless. As for musashi her credit income is not too great. Probably yamato with camo 5k is just slightly worse.

Personally i will be getting missouri (only because i dont have to convert), and skipping musashi (have yamato), getting nelson next (since there is no time limit on it).

[-SOG-]
Players
373 posts
6,536 battles

Thank you all for the input, got my hopes up yesterday when I got a coupon for 30%, but that was not usable for purchasing doubloons. So I guess I will just have to wait and see what shows up, maybe we can get a free-experience destroyer some time in the future, who knows...

Players
6 posts
4,597 battles

imho spending like 20 bucks real money on that game is totally fine. dont forget this game is TOTALLY free and you dont have to invest even a cent to have fun and get to the highest tier ships available. the service is great, community is superb and WG really puts a lot of effort into their games to keep  them up to date - and still this game is free and nowhere near to P4W. 

spending a couple of euros for a game that makes me waste hours of my time every evening is totally fine for me when i remember i payed 120 euros for BF1 premium and played it like 30 hours in total.

if u want the missouri just go for it. u wont be able to buy it ever again. dont think ure gonna regret spending a couple of bucks in a couple of months

[-SOG-]
Players
373 posts
6,536 battles

I have sort of decided to get her but at the lowest price possible, now sitting at 435.000 free experience.

So just so I don't miss her, have anyone seen a possible date of removal? 

I saw something about buying French containers in premium shop from the 9th of February so I guess that's the date for patch 0.7.1 and the Mo would leave us at 0.7.2 which will arrive at end of February maybe? Giving me maybe 3 more weeks to grind, am I correct?

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Last week of February she will probably be removed. 

Players
7,364 posts
9,168 battles

I'm about to get 750k Free Exp, but I have hard time justifying buying USS Free Exp. Credits never were issue for me, I already own Iowa and while she is decent boat, she is hardly thrilling to play. Basically only reason why I would need her is BB trainer. On other hand watered down Yamato is not interesting either.

[SQRL]
Players
289 posts
12,405 battles

I'm not sure why i bothered with the MO in the end. I'm ok(ish) with German BBs, but suck big time with USN. I've no doubt the ship is good, but prepared to be disappointed. If the IOWA doesn't suit you, the MO won't either.  And I knew this was going to be the case - but I still burnt all my free xp on it - What an idiot i am!

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

Missouri is the only USN BB I own, and have played at all, test servers included. And I must say, I'm not impressed. I can't help but compare her to Izumo, which is one of the most complained-about ships in the game, but that ship is just so much more reliable. Better aim and doesn't eat quite as much damage. That's not to say I'm not having any fun in Missouri (after all, fast BBs are almost always fun), but it's more hit-or-miss in performance.

Players
160 posts
8,028 battles
51 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

Missouri is the only USN BB I own, and have played at all, test servers included. And I must say, I'm not impressed. I can't help but compare her to Izumo, which is one of the most complained-about ships in the game, but that ship is just so much more reliable. Better aim and doesn't eat quite as much damage. That's not to say I'm not having any fun in Missouri (after all, fast BBs are almost always fun), but it's more hit-or-miss in performance.

Well the sample size on your Missouri is still small (11 games) but while average damage is 3k lower then Izumo your avg XP, AVG Kills en especially winrate are much higher.

For me personally avg damage is slightly higher in Mo but not a lot (so ye, as far as damage goes Izumo performs pretty much the same as Mo for both of us) but once again my winrate is 20% higher in Mo and all other stats (xp, kills, etc...) are all much higher in Missouri.

It IS a much better ship tbh...

Also Izumo is ridiculously vulnerable to HE even if its AP protection admittedly feels stronger.

Not sure man, but in general Mo feels a lot more versatile and just better than Izumo although I'll happily agree that Izumo is underrated.

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles
1 minute ago, Isalani said:

Well the sample size on your Missouri is still small (11 games) but while average damage is 3k lower then Izumo your avg XP, AVG Kills en especially winrate are much higher.

WR with that sample size means nothing. It doesn't even mean much with ten times that number. Average stats in other categories aren't super indicative either.

But the problem wasn't averages, but reliability. You're going to hit for a ton if you hit in Missouri. If. She shotguns more, while Izumo snipes more.

It also has to do with that I'm just not used to playing Missouri yet. That will come with time, and it's not like I think it's a bad ship or anything.

[SINT]
Players
388 posts
16,033 battles

Have the MO and I strongly advice you not to miss out. She is so good that i never could bring myself to contine the regular US BB line after NC. Iowa and Montana are just downgrades in regard to the Mo.

I personaly do not excel at playing high tier BB’s so in that regard take into account your own proficiency playing US BB at higher tiers.. Mo still makes money for you at co op but you then really have to think about the wisdom of the investment.

With Mighty Mo you are almost invulnarable to air strikes, your radar gives DD’s something to think about and as long you dont show broadside you are tanky as well.  Your guns pack a lot of punch too and playing at 13 Km range you will always make use of your concealment to make that turn safely when you need to reposition yourself.

[-SOG-]
Players
373 posts
6,536 battles

Just read this under the "Vive La France - Part 1" news:

"The combat missions for battleships will be available from February 9 through April 13. If you open containers after April 13, they will not provide missions for French battleships."

Could April 13 be the release date for 0.7.2 and the end of Mighty Mo or will it come earlier, maybe March 2 when French Progression missions ends?

Sign in to follow this