You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
clocky

WG your missions are *edit

35 comments in this topic

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
280 posts

I really hope people that design missions like "destroy 5 planes and ...." *edit.  Impossible to find CV's around , and i have to spend hours in your stupid game to do that and when you do you have to be really lucky to manage  to kill 5 planes.

It's a ship game , they want me to destroy planes. I would shove this mission in your PM [edited]and make him say MAY I HAVE ANOTHER ONE?

I really really hope the ones that think of such mission for this game *edit

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 12
  • Angry 1

[-TPF-]
Players
2,102 posts
10,100 battles

It is pretty easy to destroy planes in the right ship. Is this a complaint about a mission which requires a particular ship - something like a destroyer or Tier IV BB - which isn't at all good at that sort of thing?

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
280 posts

Really? Then I wish you 10 games without an CV and when it shows up the fights are always not on your side.

The point is , this is a ship game.  Conditioning your mission on and if cvs will be available is *edit

Edited by Jbnn

Players
934 posts
4,262 battles

Play a CV yourself - guaranteed to see one on the other team and I haven't had a CV battle today where I didn't shoot down 5 planes. I'm only at tier 5 and completed the daily mission without even knowing what it was because I didn't check before going into my first battle.

• Cool 6

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,243 posts
16,420 battles
2 minutes ago, clocky said:

The point is , this is a ship game.

And an aircraft carrier is a ship.

Topkek reasoning.

You do realize you can just play a single battle with a Hosho or a Langley and easily farm those 5 "impossible to get" plane kills, right?

If you don't wanna do it, your loss.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
14 hours ago, clocky said:

I really hope people that design missions like "destroy 5 planes and ...." *edit.  Impossible to find CV's around , and i have to spend hours in your stupid game to do that and when you do you have to be really lucky to manage  to kill 5 planes.

It's a ship game , they want me to destroy planes. I would shove this mission in your PM [edited]and make him say MAY I HAVE ANOTHER ONE?

I really really hope the ones that think of such mission for this game *edit

Option 1: Play a CV, guaranteed to have an enemy CV and you'd need to REALLY f*ck up to not get 5 plane kills.

Option 2: Ignore the mission, rewards for individual missions are tiny... and to complete the callendar you need only 15 dailies, precisely because some missions on some days might be unsuited for your ships (or you might lack time to play on specific day).

In the end you're just a raging kid throwing a tantrum because small, inconsequential (even in the context of the game) part of a computer game doesn't fit your playstyle/ship class of choice. Please, do grow up a little.

PS: I'm prretty sure the title of this thread violates the rules and you're on your way to get a warning (not to mention that the thread will be locked) if you keep it like this.

• Cool 2

[POI--]
Players
893 posts
6,538 battles

Done this mission in my Shimakaze tho.

[CATS]
Players
19,373 posts
12,207 battles

Looks like you were not raised well. What a potty mouth.

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,320 posts
8,001 battles

You do not even need an enemy CV to shoot down five planes... just shoot down spotting or fighter planes.

Why are people so hoplessly overchallenged with such missions (and the very basics of that game)?

Players
306 posts
5,559 battles

What's stopping you from grabbing a low tier CV and playing until you win? *edit aren't you?

Edited by Jbnn

Players
934 posts
4,262 battles
3 minutes ago, principat121 said:

You do not even need an enemy CV to shoot down five planes... just shoot down spotting or fighter planes.

Why are people so hoplessly overchallenged with such missions (and the very basics of that game)?

It's worrying how often I have to ask my team to target enemy fighters to help out. I'm playing IJN CVs and when the opposition is US with 2 more planes in each squadron, I'll take all the help I can get but unless they have torpedoes or bombs, the team don't seem to make the connection despite them being spotted by those same fighters and taking fire from ships behind islands using the vision.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
28 minutes ago, Strappster said:

It's worrying how often I have to ask my team to target enemy fighters to help out. I'm playing IJN CVs and when the opposition is US with 2 more planes in each squadron, I'll take all the help I can get but unless they have torpedoes or bombs, the team don't seem to make the connection despite them being spotted by those same fighters and taking fire from ships behind islands using the vision.

Every time I play Lex I remind my team I have ONE fighter group and can't be everywhere and still folk rage when they get solo bombed...

• Angry 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,604 posts

I see it's return of the t1t. :Smile_amazed:

Players
643 posts
6,628 battles
56 minutes ago, eliastion said:

.. and to complete the callendar you need only 15 dailies, precisely because some missions on some days might be unsuited for your ships (or you might lack time to play on specific day).

53 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

I see someone left it to the last day.

You reap what you sow.

Well, your points are valid, but equally is the OP's. None of you have voiced your points well though.

I have tonight and tomorrow night to complete 2 missions to hit the 15. Work happened during the holidays, so not all of us had the chance or time to sit playing until the dailys were completed.
Tonight has seen T5 BB battles with several CVs. 6 aircraft kills with a loss, 4 aircraft kills with  a win. Switching to cruisers with strong AA, do you want to guess how many CVs there were?

It's incredibly frustrating trying to achieve what should be quite simple, knowing that you're running out of time.

It's incredibly frustrating when folk smugly tell you to not leave it until the last minute, or to start playing CVs you don't own.

It's sheer frustration that drives folk to rant like the op has, WG don't help themselves with this. Exclude people from rewards, for whatever reasons, and folk will come to the forum to rant and vent.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,770 posts
8,891 battles
3 minutes ago, DB2212 said:

Well, your points are valid, but equally is the OP's. None of you have voiced your points well though.

I have tonight and tomorrow night to complete 2 missions to hit the 15. Work happened during the holidays, so not all of us had the chance or time to sit playing until the dailys were completed.
Tonight has seen T5 BB battles with several CVs. 6 aircraft kills with a loss, 4 aircraft kills with  a win. Switching to cruisers with strong AA, do you want to guess how many CVs there were?

It's incredibly frustrating trying to achieve what should be quite simple, knowing that you're running out of time.

It's incredibly frustrating when folk smugly tell you to not leave it until the last minute, or to start playing CVs you don't own.

It's sheer frustration that drives folk to rant like the op has, WG don't help themselves with this. Exclude people from rewards, for whatever reasons, and folk will come to the forum to rant and vent.

The point is that out of 20 missions, there are bound to be a couple which are not catering to you specifically.

You can always bring up excuses why something is a problem for you. But at the end of the day looking at the event objectively where you need 15 out of 20 missions finished and almost every mission is super easy, it's a good event.

Complaining about a single isolated mission out of 20 being difficult (for you specifically) when you could skip 5 over the course of the event, doesn't make sense.

WG gave you the tools to finish the event. It's not their fault you don't own a single CV. It's not their fault you chose to do something else on 5 of the days.

If you intend to complete the required missions, then plan for it from the start. That includes preparing for the possibility that a few missions will not be super simple for you.

Players
643 posts
6,628 battles
2 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

The point is that out of 20 missions, there are bound to be a couple which are not catering to you specifically.

You can always bring up excuses why something is a problem for you. But at the end of the day looking at the event objectively where you need 15 out of 20 missions finished and almost every mission is super easy, it's a good event.

Complaining about a single isolated mission out of 20 being difficult (for you specifically) when you could skip 5 over the course of the event, doesn't make sense.

WG gave you the tools to finish the event. It's not their fault you don't own a single CV. It's not their fault you chose to do something else on 5 of the days.

If you intend to complete the required missions, then plan for it from the start. That includes preparing for the possibility that a few missions will not be super simple for you.

Whoa, I'm pointing out why folk like the op are here ranting about missions. I'm not having a rant myself.

Some folk don't/didn't have the option of skipping missions. Personally, I'd have chosen to not lose a relative over the holidays; that really kinda screwed up my plans to complete these missions.
I'd rather not have to had to work late hours either. It's not always a choice.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,165 posts
6,430 battles

I keep the langley around for precisely missions like this - get plane kills, do torp bomber hits etc etc.

Its not even like the langley is hard to play (just click on stuff), nor do you get any grief (low tier arent really toxic)

[NED]
Players
4,347 posts
11,978 battles

OK OP. no need to wish people the disease from which I saw my father whither and die on in agony with for a mere computer game. Also I think the missions have been vastly improved in the past time. Granted the last stage of north cape is a bit of a "B" and it could be tweaked: making it as hard but without the over focussing of BB's Destroy 20 ships instead of 10 BB's will be equally a tough challenge. But you make me sick to my stomach to with your post. (My dad died of stomach cancer, should you want to know).

Players
643 posts
6,628 battles
12 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

OK OP. no need to wish people the disease from which I saw my father whither and die on in agony with for a mere computer game. Also I think the missions have been vastly improved in the past time. Granted the last stage of north cape is a bit of a "B" and it could be tweaked: making it as hard but without the over focussing of BB's Destroy 20 ships instead of 10 BB's will be equally a tough challenge. But you make me sick to my stomach to with your post. (My dad died of stomach cancer, should you want to know).

Cancer's a hideous illness, it took my uncle also. Found out 21st December, gone on New Years day :Smile_sad: 

Wishing it on someone only makes them look a bit of a "see you next tuesday" if you get my drift, but beyond that, it means nothing.

Missions have improved but maybe there's still room for improvement?

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,347 posts
11,978 battles

OK. I mentioned this issue a lot of times. i think you deserve to hear my story. My father was my childhood hero. He gave me so much love and insight on how the world is working. I have no brothers/ sisters. So I was forced to make new friends wherever we went on vacation. Weren't there any kids around he'd "played" the role of my brother. "Ferry, shall we ask mom if we can have an icecream?" Of course I knew he'd have to go before me. That's the natural cause of things that should happen. No parent should outlive his/ her child. But not that soon. I was studying medicines when he got ill. It started with a malignancy on his kidney. Very well treatable with surgery. I send him to his GP, who send him to the urologist. We thought he'd been saved after surgery. Yes, very heavy surgery and losing a kidney is hard but survivable. Not long after that he was complaining about food not passing through. When he finally got his examination, which I was present because he asked me to. He had a childhood trauma of gastroscopy (putting a sope through his throat and examining his intestines) I cried my eyes out when I saw the lesions... In my naivety I asked my future colleague "can those be of gastric acid?" He said: no way in hell. When I saw the application for the laboratory the question for the pathologist was: what kind of cancer am I looking at? When the nurse saw I saw that, she said: all the best of luck... I got back to the waiting room where my mom was. And I had to tell her... Because she asked my. "What will you tell dad, Ferry?" I said: nothing. Unless he is asking me directly. And FFS he did. When??? On their marriage anniversary. I'm still to this day punishing myself whether I should have lied or what I did: tell him the truth. Not so long story even shorter: heavy surgery, harmfull chemotherapy which made him lose his feeling in his feet, lost him his strength and making him into a ghost of what he was in his manifestation. When he eventually died his last word were "Ferry, I am so proud of you." I was devastated for nearly a year. And if you read my words: I still am. And I'm talking about 1999...

So yeah, that's the main reason I'm having very much trouble associating horrible diseases with a computer game. And I know I'm not the only one with a sad story. I humbly ask not to do this anymore. yes call people idiots of whatever but please: wishing them cancer even if they screw up badly in a computer game? That's tearing up barely healed and infected wounds for me my friends. And I know from my life experience and my line of work as a physician as well.

Edit: crying my eyes out now like at may 6th 1999 at 1805....

[L4GG]
Players
2,005 posts
7,679 battles

Less, much less .

Step down a lot.

then breath and try to say want you want again.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

There are also *edit:Smile_smile:

Wishing death on someone (especially for a trifle like designing a mission in a computer game) is way beyond me. And plain stupid.

Edited by Jbnn
  • Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
2,005 posts
7,679 battles
7 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

OK. I mentioned this issue a lot of times. i think you deserve to hear my story. My father was my childhood hero. He gave me so much love and insight on how the world is working. I have no brothers/ sisters. So I was forced to make new friends wherever we went on vacation. Weren't there any kids around he'd "played" the role of my brother. "Ferry, shall we ask mom if we can have an icecream?" Of course I knew he'd have to go before me. That's the natural cause of things that should happen. No parent should outlive his/ her child. But not that soon. I was studying medicines when he got ill. It started with a malignancy on his kidney. Very well treatable with surgery. I send him to his GP, who send him to the urologist. We thought he'd been saved after surgery. Yes, very heavy surgery and losing a kidney is hard but survivable. Not long after that he was complaining about food not passing through. When he finally got his examination, which I was present because he asked me to. He had a childhood trauma of gastroscopy (putting a sope through his throat and examining his intestines) I cried my eyes out when I saw the lesions... In my naivety I asked my future colleague "can those be of gastric acid?" He said: no way in hell. When I saw the application for the laboratory the question for the pathologist was: what kind of cancer am I looking at? When the nurse saw I saw that, she said: all the best of luck... I got back to the waiting room where my mom was. And I had to tell her... Because she asked my. "What will you tell dad, Ferry?" I said: nothing. Unless he is asking me directly. And FFS he did. When??? On their marriage anniversary. I'm still to this day punishing myself whether I should have lied or what I did: tell him the truth. Not so long story even shorter: heavy surgery, harmfull chemotherapy which made him lose his feeling in his feet, lost him his strength and making him into a ghost of what he was in his manifestation. When he eventually died his last word were "Ferry, I am so proud of you." I was devastated for nearly a year. And if you read my words: I still am. And I'm talking about 1999...

So yeah, that's the main reason I'm having very much trouble associating horrible diseases with a computer game. And I know I'm not the only one with a sad story. I humbly ask not to do this anymore. yes call people idiots of whatever but please: wishing them cancer even if they screw up badly in a computer game? That's tearing up barely healed and infected wounds for me my friends. And I know from my life experience and my line of work as a physician as well.

I feel you man, but you are wasting your words in here with this guy, it's like "giving pearls to pigs".

(a grandmother and a uncle to Leukaemia)