Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Great_SCH

Suggestion for future campaigns

6 comments in this topic

Supertester
374 posts
3,427 battles

Heres a suggestion. Not like it haven't been said before, but could anyone from WG make some missions/campaigns which actually involves every type of ships? So far there is a DD fest in every type of game there is. WG people, Ranked battles are on, 5v5 DD + 2 BB in a team is not fun!

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,444 battles

rather they should let someone who actually plays the game design the missions.

Just a thought.

• Cool 1

Players
1,372 posts
5,380 battles

Combine ships types for missions, so for example have a "Sink X ships in a DD" mission running at the same time as a "sink X DD's" mission, or "in a French BB cause X damage" mission running at the same time as "cause X damage to French BB's" one.

That would get rid of the current "in a X do X damage" mission which means everyone is out playing X's and doing silly stuff.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,358 posts
11,268 battles
1 hour ago, IanH755 said:

so for example have a "Sink X ships in a DD" mission running at the same time as a "sink X DD's"

Well, that one would actually give you double DD infestation because the best proactive DD hunters (other than CVs) are other DDs - they can actually seek out their prey and get a drop on them, because they have concealment in the same league. Cruisers are very effective against DDs and can push them out of caps and stuff - but the difference in concealment makes them unable to actually hunt the little buggers down.

So "sink X DDs" coupled with "sink X ships in a DD" would fill the matches with Akizukis, Kidds and Lo Yangs.

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
181 posts
5,896 battles

I have been having a ball grinding FXP+FCapXP with my Belfast; so many DD's to club so many torps to dodge :cap_look:

But that is making the best of a bad situation; as OP stated mix it up a bit so that we don't get a huge glut of BB's, CA's and DD's depending on what the mission parameters are instead get a steady mix of ship types.  

But it could be worse, far worse; for as much as I can whinge and whine at Wargaming sometimes warranted other times not, they are not Gaijin.  The Christmas debacle in 2015 in Warthunder to win the VK 4501 P pretty much made me leave the game (and another 3 people I know IRL) with their stupid "it's a surprise" achievements to unlock it, new mission released daily for a week or so over the Christmas period, the last one was shoot down 60 aircraft.... in a tank. 

Amusingly they used the tagline "War Thunder Fulfills Your Wishes!", that felt as much of a kick in the nads as "We are spoiling you" did; I chuckle about it now but silly requirements coupled with idiotic (in retrospect) punchlines is a very very quick way to get peoples backs up.  

So TLDR:  Could be worse; could be dealing with Gaijin.  :cap_like:

Players
1,372 posts
5,380 battles
3 hours ago, eliastion said:

So "sink X DDs" coupled with "sink X ships in a DD" would fill the matches with Akizukis, Kidds and Lo Yangs.

As I mentioned those are only examples to show the types of mission I'm thinking about rather than "this is 100% what I want so please pick it apart".

So the example is we want to stop things like the ARP Nachi disaster happening again, where there was a "kill X Russian ships" mission meaning no-one sailed Russian ships, wrecking the mission. In the new campaign there would also be another mission running at the same time saying "in a Russian ship cause X damage" or "in a Russian ship sink X ships" etc so that people are given an incentive to continue playing all the nations and classes.

The specifics of those missions would be up to WG to create, not me, so I'm not giving any specific mission requirements I want to see.

Sign in to follow this