Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tekacko

The most BS citadel that made me ragesell the CM

72 comments in this topic

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles

There is absolutely NO WAY that shell should have counted as a citadel hit.

Absolutely NO ****ING WAY

At that angle of impact the shell should have exited on the other side and counted as an overpen.

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.c1e03ff2c13cf8c07bafd4b7b102679c.png

Good job WG, your master plan worked, I ragesold that POS and free XPed the rest of it!

That´s the purpose of T8 cruisers anyway, right?

F*ck me senseless, I actually wasted 15 minutes of my life on this goddamn thing.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Players
433 posts
9,392 battles

I citadelled a Montana from about 11km using a Neptune.

I hope the Monty ragesold his ship aswell.

[ONE2]
Players
2,917 posts
17,152 battles

Oh well yeah, that often happens when you play Cruiser... Any Cruiser. Many things have been proposed but I do not see how this could be "fixed" Cruisers are supposed to quite squishy after all. Though sometimes I think they might be a little bit too much so. :fish_boom:

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles

I understand citadels that hit the citadel, the problem is this shell didnt come even close to the citadel.

The same thing as BB AP against DDs.

Yesterday I shot an angled Gearing with Zao AP - only got overpens. Myself in a Fletcher I got many times deleted from such an angle by BB AP - so how come cruiser AP doesn´t fuse on that DD, but BB AP does? Shouldnt it be the other way around?

I feel like the game has gotten totally inconsistent lately.

[NWP]
Players
6,203 posts
7,363 battles

Its not only CM. Basicly happens to any cruiser, and ive done it to cruisers aswell. Sometimes your lead is a bit off, and u think, a crap, shot infront of the target, one shell hits the tip of the bow CITADEL... seems right? :cap_hmm:Its like RNG is saying when its a Citadel or not.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,642 posts
8,132 battles

Well the shot came from behind as you turned out to avoid the shots.

My bet would be the bullet managed to pen the hull on the way in but bounced from the hull on the other side on the way out and pen the citadell from behind.

And yes BS like this is why BB AP is broken and cruisers have too low survivalrates (except hightier with heal). It is basically the same with normal BB AP pen on DDs.....

• Cool 4

[ONE2]
Players
2,917 posts
17,152 battles

Yyeeeah... Perhaps you could be right there... I once got citadelled in Mogami, when I could have sworn the shell only hit the superstructure. Go figure. :cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,642 posts
8,132 battles
Just now, RAHJAILARI said:

Yyeeeah... Perhaps you could be right there... I once got citadelled in Mogami, when I could have sworn the shell only hit the superstructure. Go figure. :cap_hmm:

That could be a hit and pen on the Barbette (Turretring) which in this game also counts as citadel.

[POI--]
Players
893 posts
6,533 battles

Welcome to CA/CL gameplay. Ask the Ibuki her hull  is an intire citadel. 

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,917 posts
17,152 battles

Naah! @Miessa3 I clearly saw it hit just below the bridge (was quite sober at the time too) so it could not be a turret barbette either, but perhaps it was at such a high andle it went right through to the engine or something. Still.. At first I was like: "Phew, not as bad as I thought." and then: "Aww crap, it was much worse"... :fish_boom:

Anyway, Mogami IS famously highly vulnerable. Sith happens. :Smile_smile:

[NWP]
Players
6,203 posts
7,363 battles
4 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

That could be a hit and pen on the Barbette (Turretring) which in this game also counts as citadel.

Nope, doesnt work. Has to be the citadel.

I also citadelled a GK with my Roon TWICE in one salvo. He was broadside a bit angled at 14+km... not sure what i hit tho

[POP]
Players
433 posts
9,392 battles

To the OP: maybe there was some normalization at play? Shell exit angle increased compared to impact angle after hitting the thin stern armor.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Relax, you didn't even die from it...

If it was a Devastating Strike I might understand.

Some of my best Cruiser games have come as a result of being slapped at the start.

But yeah turning vs a BB can sometimes make things worse as your thicken your armour to invite epic pens.

[ONE2]
Players
2,917 posts
17,152 battles

Woot?! @Negativvv so you mean, that when I turn and WASD to escape being citadelled, I might actually be facilitating them anyway? :etc_red_button::etc_swear::Smile_amazed:

Damppit, there is no escape is there? :Smile_hiding:But yeah, I have noticed something similar. I usually "get it" in Mogami especially right up the bottom, when I am already well turned away and presenting only a wiggly stern. :fish_aqua:

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,455 battles
6 minutes ago, Altsak said:

To the OP: maybe there was some normalization at play? Shell exit angle increased compared to impact angle after hitting the thin stern armor.

If World of Battleships was even remotely rooted in any kind of realitly that shot would have been impossible, becuase a ships stern section is not an empty void that the shell can pass throuth after penetrating the armor.

Players
934 posts
4,262 battles

Yesterday I was deleted in a single salvo in both the Graf Spee and Molotov. I put that down to my exposing too much side to enemy BBs in both cases and see it as a valuable lesson in not being complacent. This isn't directly related to OP's issue but I feel it's important to share my pain.

I'm only at tier 6 of French CL's but they seem to be particularly L and take citadels from merely being sighted by the enemy so while the OP's hit seems off on the armour model, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a weird explanation like the shell's explosion radius being sufficient to pen the rear citadel armour plate.

Players
4,370 posts
7,959 battles
36 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

There is absolutely NO WAY that shell should have counted as a citadel hit.

Absolutely NO ****ING WAY

At that angle of impact the shell should have exited on the other side and counted as an overpen.

Is this the first time, it has happened to you? Then concider yourself lucky... btw - I cant count how many times Ive hit cruisers with my BB right midships and get 4 overpens. All RNG I guess. Or the game trolling you. Or a friendly reminder "you havent buyed premium account in 3 months - please renew. Until then, we have extended your citadell."

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,307 posts
8,522 battles

I think It may have been citadel hit. Problem solved. Close topic.

edit next time sail broadside so you will eat overpens.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You complain after 15 minutes?

Because of a citadel?

How did you play cruisers before?

If I complained about every single citadel my hair would probably turn gray and I would probably already have a receding hairline.

I DO complain about a completely BS made up citadel, since it makes me question whether the game mechanics work correctly or not

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
3 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Woot?! @Negativvv so you mean, that when I turn and WASD to escape being citadelled, I might actually be facilitating them anyway? :etc_red_button::etc_swear::Smile_amazed:

Damppit, there is no escape is there? :Smile_hiding:But yeah, i have noticed something asimilar. I usually "get it" in Mogami especially right up the bottom, when I am already well turned away and presenting only a wiggly stern. :fish_aqua:

Yeah it can actually make things worse if you turn too late vs a BB as you thicken your armour and makes the AP far more likely to arm inside the ship. There is almost an argument for going full broadside instead of risking a turn but neither is ideal... The last few times I've been utterly nuked as a Cruiser is when trying to take evasive action.

Players
4,370 posts
7,959 battles
Just now, Negativvv said:

The last few times I've been utterly nuked as a Cruiser is when trying to take evasive action.

Same here. When you notice, its too late, you keep on going straight - and dont forget to send a quick prayer to the RNG-Gods. I seem to get better results that way...

[NWP]
Players
6,203 posts
7,363 battles
4 minutes ago, Strappster said:

I'm only at tier 6 of French CL's but they seem to be particularly L and take citadels from merely being sighted by the enemy so while the OP's hit seems off on the armour model, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a weird explanation like the shell's explosion radius being sufficient to pen the rear citadel armour plate.

Show more broadside. If u angle in a French Cruiser, u are getting punished because of the thin armor and the spaced armor cant help u anymore. And maybe going closer towards enemy BBs might help too. Midrange engagements or closer with BB vs French Cruiser always seem to result in overpens. Thats how i see it...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this