You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pradz

Too much smoke

63 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts
3,643 battles

Nowadays, more and more players are using smoke a very smart way. However, the issue seems particularly unfair. If detection have been had to the ships which have unload smoke and fires, it does not apply to those standing in smoke when they shot at enemies.

As smoke can stands for 70 sec and some can use 3 times smoke during a single battle, it means some players can shot at others during more than 3 minutes with an unfair protection. It is a too big advantage and so far from reality.

So please, shortened the smoke time, or let all ships appearing during a short time when firing, or stop ships in smoke firing .

• Boring 1

[NWP]
Players
4,353 posts
6,233 battles

Since u havent really played RN Cruisers, id say u dont know that they pretty much need that smoke. WGs way of "balancing" smoke was to give them abnormal high citadel (Neptune and Minotaur) and thin plating in general.

And since they dont have HE, they cant sit at 15+km and deal damage. AP is weak at that range and the shell flight time is so bad, hitting even a BB becomes tricky.

[MIRAI]
Players
756 posts
4,998 battles

New to the game?. Smoke is a torpedo magnets so if you stand stil you'll die. Nearly ever ship at 8 and above has hydro and radar. Just l2p and use the game mechanics.

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

I do believe the underlying issue here is your lack of experience and skillful execution of your game plan. Moreover I think you need to improve your gameplay since you do not seem to grasp the intricacies of the above mentioned game mechanics.

Methinks the best course of action for you would be to play against foes controlled by the artificial intelligence until you have honed your expertise to the point of being able to stand up to humanoid opponents without causing yourself total embarrassment both in strife and by having others listen to your innate babbling on this social platform.

tldr: gitgud, play against bots

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
12 posts
3,643 battles

I am really impressed by your answers. But not all players are as good as you are, or maybe they are more humble :).

Anyway, I suppose than less than 10% of the players have reach minotaur level and it would be unfair to disavantage 90% of them for a bunch of so good ones.

And one can add they are so good they do not need such advantages. :):Smile_coin:

[CATS]
Players
15,908 posts
11,172 battles

First, we have less smoke now as we had some months ago.

Second, the ships that have smoke, need smoke.

I do not see the unfairness.

If you do not believe me: DD with smoke survive less and do less damage than BB.

Now imagine them having no smoke

• Cool 1

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,037 posts
10,983 battles
46 minutes ago, Profilus said:

BB player?

Nope, 44% WR player with 14K average damage.

OP,  don't blame smoke-firing ships for your poor performance, you have bigger problems than that.

• Funny 3

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,165 posts
11,880 battles
9 minutes ago, pradz said:

I am really impressed by your answers. But not all players are as good as you are, or maybe they are more humble :).

Anyway, I suppose than less than 10% of the players have reach minotaur level and it would be unfair to disavantage 90% of them for a bunch of so good ones.

And one can add they are so good they do not need such advantages. :):Smile_coin:

you must be speaking from experience or something, right?

I am obviously not good enough because I definitely need smoke in my DDs.

I also think that you didn't get the point. The point he was trying to make is that there's a whole line of ships that would not work at all without smoke (RNCLs). And a whole class that would suffer immensely without it (DDs). In fact the only class that benefits from less smoke are BBs.

[AMOK]
Players
992 posts
6,147 battles
50 minutes ago, pradz said:

Nowadays, more and more players are using smoke a very smart way. However, the issue seems particularly unfair. If detection have been had to the ships which have unload smoke and fires, it does not apply to those standing in smoke when they shot at enemies.

As smoke can stands for 70 sec and some can use 3 times smoke during a single battle, it means some players can shot at others during more than 3 minutes with an unfair protection. It is a too big advantage and so far from reality.

So please, shortened the smoke time, or let all ships appearing during a short time when firing, or stop ships in smoke firing .

Ok no more Smoke. As a trade we nerf BBs heavily. Lower rudder shift time by 300% slower turret traverse the same and Grenade spread goes up by 200% ...ok for u? Or DD stats get buffed to Kamikaze level but with Akizuki HP pool. OK?

:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,356 posts
5,758 battles

Please show on the toy, where the mean smokefiring DD and/or CL touched you inappropiately..

2f08a1fb4b5491ea2e08b735fd71e656--battle

They will be dealt with it.. no worries..

• Cool 1

Players
12 posts
3,643 battles

Are you not able to read??

Have you EDIT or only a mouse and keyboard?

I never said smoke have to disappeared. I was mainly talking about ships standing in smoke and shoting at others without been possibly detected.

Is that clear enough?

Edited by Kampa1987
Insult

Players
12 posts
3,643 battles

Excavatus is EDIT your religion?

Please tell me

Edited by Kampa1987
Insult

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,165 posts
11,880 battles
On 1/9/2018 at 3:28 PM, pradz said:

Are you not able to read??

Have you EDIT or only a mouse and keyboard?

I never said smoke have to disappeared. I was mainly talking about ships standing in smoke and shoting at others without been possibly detected.

Is that clear enough?

That's the point of smoke for those ships. Without the ability to fire from smoke they do not work.

Do you at least consider that you might be wrong or basically not know enough about the game?

[UNICS]
Players
61 posts
17,271 battles

You can detect them. Get close enought use radar/hydro. Or send in some probes (the torpedo kind of).

And insulting people who answer you is not stupid?

• Cool 1

Players
12 posts
3,643 battles

God you don't understand. A cruiser or a BB standing in the smoke is not detectable when he shots.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,356 posts
5,758 battles
On 1/9/2018 at 3:29 PM, pradz said:

Excavatus is EDIT your religion?

Please tell me

oh my god.. best comeback ever..!

I dont know what to say... good game OP..

take this..

YouTried.jpg

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,165 posts
11,880 battles
1 minute ago, pradz said:

God you don't understand. A cruiser or a BB standing in the smoke is not detectable when he shots.

Yes they are...

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,037 posts
10,983 battles

Pradz, people have tried to explain to you why smoke firing exists in the game but you seem incapable of understanding the explanations so maybe a practical demonstration would help.

In order to understand the necessity of smoke on certain ships I would like you to grind your way to the Minotaur BUT do so without EVER using the smoke consumable. When you have completed this task come back and tell us how it went.

• Funny 1

Players
12 posts
3,643 battles

Nihilan ? I don't care about the minotaur. I understand you have a problem with it and I am sorry for that. However, It doesnot answer my question.

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles
1 minute ago, pradz said:

Funny show me how you detect them. With a tier 7 or 8, you don't

You just showed perfectly, what others assumed - you have no clue about the game. Also, since it wasnt mentioned so far: smoke is not an island or a wall. Shoot at it, and you will find you - shells pass right through it!

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

OP didn't play pre smoke nerf clearly...

It's probably fair now more or less.

Try using smoke yourself and see how well it goes for you.