Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Damage Control Party Modification - The unloved stepchild

9 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,586 battles

I don't think that upgrade needs much introduction, it's borderline useless and I can't imagine anyone would like to see that as a SC drop (other than the equally bad spotter plane modification).

How could one polish that turd into something viable. Something that players actually might want to use?

I have one suggestion:

Upon installing the upgrade, the Damage Control Party consumable gets switched out for a Gangut'esque version, benefiting from significantly decreased consumable cooldown at the expense of shorter action time and a limited supply of charges.

Any thoughts from the community about that? Maybe @Sub_Octavian or someone else from WG might ponder the possibilities of such an idea if it is at all something that can be implemented in the game?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles

It can be useful on tier 6 & 7 CVs

You have to sacrifice Flight Groups Mod 1 (+10% aircraft gun dps) for it, but you can screw up someones plan to CV snipe you.

CV sniping is rarely done with just alpha-striking the CV, you generally have to flood them out. Not talking about potatoes who "CV snipe" 2...3 times in the same game to try and get the job done of course.

Basically you set a DoT on the other CV that he has to repair, and 30s later you can DoT him again to his death. With DCPM1 you get that timer increased to 42s, and with no visual indication most of those following their timer will drop you within those extra 12s that you have for yourself.

Other than that... not much use for it, yeah. At least not that I know of

Spotting Aircraft Mod would be nice if I didn't have to sacrifice anything to get it mounted, on a BB there's nothing I want to give up for it.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,853 posts
10,649 battles
14 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It can be useful on tier 6 & 7 CVs

Amazing, thats the only use I found for it as well when talking to AO in ts - as a noob CV ofc. Best suited is imho Saipan since it can strafe forever with high base dpm but then again I dont know how big of a deal is the 10 % dps for that. So thats a huge maybe from me here.

[TTT]
Players
4,565 posts
8,062 battles

I certainly wouldnt get excited about finding one, but I think I'm using it on my Monty... the extra immunity time isnt bad...

[NWP]
Players
6,263 posts
7,373 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

(other than the equally bad spotter plane modification).

actually did find a use for that:

Hindenburg (ofc with Reload mod:cap_cool:) so my range is only 17,8km. Now use Spotter plane + Spotter mod and i got better range for 2+ minutes. Especially useful in the early stage when the targets are too far away for AP shooting.

DCP Mod: So i was right that the only use is CVs xD Was thinking about that myself.

Imo the biggest problem is, that the CD doesnt get reduced, so what do i win in the end? Nothing basicly. I get one salvo where i cant be set on fire (deping on ship) If a BB shoots HE at another BB with 30 sec reload, the DCP mod wont help u at all basicly, since the best DCP is US (? was 20 secs right) which gets increased to 28 sec, still lower than 30 sec gun reaload. And its basicly still iffy since u would optimally not repair the first fire. And who say u wont get screwed by that? For the worst case u might have 8 sec more flooding!

Maybe it shouldnt increase the duration, rather reduce the CD... makes it much more viable suddenly.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

It's simply bad game design how some special modules utterly suck (DCP, AA and Spotter Plane) but others are amazing if not completely OP. Speed Boost, Radar and Hydro. The latter two especially as Hydro on a Lo Yang lasts up to 1 min 45s which is down right dumb in Ranked as you camp behind an island for instant win of that cap and radar on Des Moines/Mino lasts 56s which is equally crazy.

Don't believe me?

Why is it WG are giving away the 3 best modules for getting to Rank 4, 3 and 2 but the other modules are given out in fail Super Containers...

• Cool 2

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,347 posts
7,857 battles

i am using it on all my UK BBs, its quite handy on those, since you can make 19s out of 15s

thanks to that the window after shooting before i go invisible again is covered

Players
680 posts
5,059 battles

I got one a while ago then someone calculated American high tier BB s profit from the most I believe Missouri in specific but I don't have other US high tier so I fitted it on the Missouri it gives about 8 seconds more duration I found to be more usefull with other repair and endurance stuff since I use it a lot.

DCP.png

Sign in to follow this