MAZDARX8B_OSM

Tirpitz or Alabama

21 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
1,066 battles

Hi,

I want to buy T8 premium BB.  Tirpitz or Alama, which is the best? What is your recommaditions?

Nowadays I use scharnhorst and Atlanta.

Best Regards

Players
1,674 posts
12,415 battles

Seeing the ships you played so far, I'd suggest none of the above. At this stage I figure you lack the experience for higher tier gameplay. Better to grind your way up to T8 and then see which ships and national flavours you like better.

As for the two ships themselves: Tirpitz all the way. I'm a bit disappointed by Alabama because her silver peer is so much stronger (i.e. more accurate), while Tirpitz, despite being a Bismarck-class ship and hence sharing the similarities, has torps that make her special.

• Cool 1

[MERCS]
Players
42 posts
5,369 battles

They say the NC is more accurate than the Alabama, but I think the Alabama rocks!

Think I will buy the NC again to check, but in the NC I have 23 % accuracy and the Alabama 32 %, big difference, more games in the NC of course...

Players
1,674 posts
12,415 battles
1 hour ago, Cyanide_NL said:

They say the NC is more accurate than the Alabama, but I think the Alabama rocks!

Think I will buy the NC again to check, but in the NC I have 23 % accuracy and the Alabama 32 %, big difference, more games in the NC of course...

Maybe you played NC long ago when you were less experienced and took more pot shots from max range? After all, stepping up from the dreadnoughts like New Mex and Colorado, this ship is godlike and her range is very tempting in the beginning. Alabama was released fairly recently so you had more experience with the 16"/45 guns and USN shells. Maybe even some mechanics and ship specs were different back then.

I got Alabama for ranked (because I tend to eat A LOT of random torps) but I am so fed up with her dispersion... Sure, there are some glorious salvoes among them, but NC is puts her shells right where you aim them at more consistently.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

None

Players
78 posts
5,391 battles

Exactly what deadly_if_swallowed said... Leck of experience. I was in the past same like you: T8 premium (tirpitz) now i can destroy everyone!

I fucked my whole winrate just by playing tirpitz with leck of experience...

k9kG2Ce2TiOEgYoB7DOrYw.png

jup... i know, at least my Missouri compensate it!

but afterall i would go for Tirpitz cuz its basicly a Sharnhorst with BB Guns caliber. Alabama great, but hard to make work for beginners.

But start playing just low-tiers go up on T8 by yourself, i know you want to but listen. Its frustrating other players to, to see an Alabama/tirpitz (Premiumnoob).

I would suggest you the Guillo Cesare, Start playing learn learn learn! Its the best ship ever!

Atleast own choice so...

Players
131 posts
13,976 battles
16 hours ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

Talán akkor játszottál NC-nál régen, amikor kevésbé voltál tapasztalt és több pot-lövést vettél fel a maximális tartományból? Végtére is, mint a New Mex és a Colorado, a hajó istenes, és a tartomány nagyon csábító az elején. Az Alabama-t meglehetősen nemrégiben adták ki, így több tapasztalattal rendelkeztek a 16 "/ 45-ös fegyverekkel és az USN-kagylóval.

Az Alabamit rangsorolták (mert hajlandó vagyok enni egy csomó véletlen torpust), de annyira elszomorítanak a diszperziójával ... Biztos, hogy van néhány dicsőséges salvoes közöttük, de az NC helyezi a kagylókat, ahol célozza őket következetesebben.

North Carolina have  2 sigma, Alabama  1.9, but same dispersion, this is minimal difference.

Players
1,674 posts
12,415 battles
2 minutes ago, longley89 said:

North Carolina have  2 sigma, Alabama  1.9, but same dispersion, this is minimal difference.

On paper, yes. In game however, I suggest you try these two yourself. Alabama feels so much inferior to me in that regard.

Players
131 posts
13,976 battles
2 minutes ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

On paper, yes. In game however, I suggest you try these two yourself. Alabama feels so much inferior to me in that regard.

I played with NC 2 year ago, when im noob, and i  think before buff.

Players
587 posts
5,313 battles
21 hours ago, MAZDARX8B_OSM said:

Hi,

I want to buy T8 premium BB.  Tirpitz or Alama, which is the best? What is your recommaditions?

Nowadays I use scharnhorst and Atlanta.

Best Regards

They're pretty similar to Bismarck and N. Carolina respectively. Pick whichever you prefer of those two. If you haven't played T8 battleships before, wait until you have. If you've only unlocked one of them, that's a harder choice.

[MERCS]
Players
42 posts
5,369 battles
21 hours ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

Maybe you played NC long ago when you were less experienced and took more pot shots from max range? After all, stepping up from the dreadnoughts like New Mex and Colorado, this ship is godlike and her range is very tempting in the beginning. Alabama was released fairly recently so you had more experience with the 16"/45 guns and USN shells. Maybe even some mechanics and ship specs were different back then.

I got Alabama for ranked (because I tend to eat A LOT of random torps) but I am so fed up with her dispersion... Sure, there are some glorious salvoes among them, but NC is puts her shells right where you aim them at more consistently.

True, when I bought the NC is a long time ago, think it was the first t8 ship I bought (except Atago and MK (h8ed the Kutuzov because couldn't play it, lol, almost sold it, happy I didn't)) because it was/is one of the phew bb's at that tier with triple gun turrets and it is beautiful :) I prefer triple gun turrets on all ships :cap_rambo::cap_haloween:

But still, I think I hit more from range with Alabama too, but I will try a game in the NC soon.

Players
78 posts
5,391 battles

I would wait for the Roma, that isn't (not already) a Copy+Paste ship... And overall its so powerfull

Players
4 posts
1,066 battles

Hi,

Thank you for your answers.

So What about Atago? I know it'snt BB.  I was use Atlanta but I wan't succesfull this ship , It's armor so weak.   is  Atago like Atlanta?

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,230 posts
6,768 battles

It's nothing alike.

Atlanta is a hard ship to use. It's made for hugging island and play close to the caps, destroying DDs very easily, shooting down plane, and basically deny all objective to the enemy team. On the other hand it downright sucks in open water. It's a very fragile Light Cruiser.

Clearly not a beginner ship, at all. However Atlanta carry potential is sky-high. Mastering this ship makes it a nightmare to deal with. It's very alike the Des Moines in tier X, though DM is much tankier.

Atago is a standard IJN heavy cruiser. It's fast, reasonably armored, with powerful 203mm guns including very good HEs and very decent APs. It have a heal which makes it interesting for a tier 8 cruiser, but its range of 15.8km is sometimes hard to use in tier 8 and its AA sucks. It's fast and agile, and the armor is okay-ish when angled, but it's still prone to Devastating Strike when it offers its broadside.

Standard Atago gameplay is to play at 9.5km (full concealment it goes down to 9km of concealment) and kite. Instead of playing with the DPM and shooting as soon as you have reloaded, you shot only once every 20-23 seconds to blink with the concealment. And dropping 10km torpedoes behind toward enemies pushing.

Good ship, but requires some experience in IJN CAs. Still not that hard to do decent with it however.

As other IJN CAs, it's not very good at carrying the team and contesting objectives, but it's a very good support ship and can do damage quite easily to anything.

Also, Atago is quite boring to play when the enemy team is camping, especially in tier X. Well, you can extend that to most tier 8.

MOST IMPORTANTLY : stop buying premium for now. Seriously. Learn the game and grind a standard tier 8 FIRST AND FOREMOST. You didn't go higher than tier IV with standard ships. You WILL fail if you continue like that.

• Cool 3

[-F-H-]
Beta Tester
65 posts
5,532 battles

It boils down to your playstyle and what you like more.

I personally have the Alabama and the ship is really great. A good friend of mine has the Tirpitz and is doing great in it too and enjoys it as much as i enjoy my Alabama.

So go figure...there is no best T8. ;)

I see many players here advise you to stop by premium and grind a Standard T8 to get experience. In my personal opinion thats not really needed. Why? Cause the majority of players that grinded standard ships even up to Tier10 do not fare well in game and show poor skills even though they went through that long grind.

Atleast for the Tirpitz the grind through the german tree has the advantage that at T7 with the Geneisenau you get a Basic idea of how the Tirpitz will work and play.

Thats totally different for the US BB line. The US line Plays totaly different from T1-T7 compared to T8-10.  The North Carolina is a real break in the US line and none of its predecessors will have prepare you for it. So in my opinion you can outright buy the Alabama, as in US line at T8 you will start from scratch no matter if you grinded or bought in.  

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles
On 1/17/2018 at 2:35 PM, Agathos said:

I see many players here advise you to stop by premium and grind a Standard T8 to get experience. In my personal opinion thats not really needed. Why? Cause the majority of players that grinded standard ships even up to Tier10 do not fare well in game and show poor skills even though they went through that long grind.

True! However we don't need more of them. Right!?

[-F-H-]
Beta Tester
65 posts
5,532 battles
On 18.1.2018 at 3:27 PM, _DeathWing_ said:

True! However we don't need more of them. Right!?

Sadly we can't avoid it, they simply come and come and come...just bought Roma and so played lots of T8-10 matches and its really amazing that WoWS is one of the few games where the average players skills level at Top Tier is worse than the average Joe at T4-7.

If OP wants to buy one of the ships, i won't hold him back. But for sure i would advise him to look up some good tutorials so he knows how to use em. ;)

Players
100 posts

If you like the Scharnhorst, that might translate into the Tirpitz. Both are brawlers. This five minute video gives a pretty good overview of the playstyle:

On 1/20/2018 at 9:08 PM, Agathos said:

If OP wants to buy one of the ships, i won't hold him back. But for sure i would advise him to look up some good tutorials so he knows how to use em. ;)

This is really the only course of action that has any chance of showing any effect. I do not understand the misconception that people can only learn the game playing lower tiers. If anyone is to blame for newer players not learning it is those that complain on the forums, tell people not to buy T8 Premiums, but do nothing to help.

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,900 posts
7,365 battles

Alabama is the objectively more competitive one, but Tirpitz is much more noob friendly.

Players
752 posts
3,098 battles

Provided you have a T8 non premium BB first then go for the Alabama. Tirpitz is ok but its known as the Dirpitz for a reason.......