Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
orzel286

The Absolute State of COOP

43 comments in this topic

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

note: this is about "standard" coop, not operations.

So, I've read somewhere on this forum, that wg is going to make some adjustments to the coop matchmaker (bot teams getting a bb or a cv depending on human team composition or something). Which got me thinking: why is wg making adjustments to a game mode hardly anyone plays? My thinking got a bit harder when some time before christmas I noticed that bot cruisers started to switch ammo (and my aoba almost got citadeleted). If coop is getting more challenging then maybe it's finally time to give it some love as well?

Consider this: earnings? Lowest of all game modes. Missions? Next to none. All the other game modes get all the stuff - all the campaigns, missions, challenges, you name it. Even the free exp ships (it would take me YEARS to get missouri and I'm almost half-way through, so yeah, not getting it) are actually very difficult to get. As it is, coop players don't even get flags for being detonated.

>b-but dividing the playerbase!

It's already divided between standard pvp, ranked, scenarios and cw, wake up boi.

>why don't you play those modes if they're better then?

No thank you, I played over 17k matches in wot, pvp is bad for sanity and scenarios are masochistic experience since some people are just the same as bots when it comes to playing objectives (as in: they have no clue at all).

So, wg – are you going to give coop players something? ANYTHING? Because not even santa came to coop players. Even if he left a reindeer poo under my pve tree that would've been an improvement.

Tl:dr – coop life is sad.

Also, pics somewhat related (hope they work):

iLPTqZD.jpg

zR7WEyL.jpg

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,158 posts
Vor 6 Minuten, orzel286 sagte:

why is wg making adjustments to a game mode hardly anyone plays?

because your assumption that nobody plays coop ist wrong?

Vor 7 Minuten, orzel286 sagte:

Consider this: earnings? Lowest of all game modes. Missions? Next to none. All the other game modes get all the stuff - all the campaigns, missions, challenges, you name it.

the New Year's Raid Campaign can be done in coop...and several missions since the unification of events across servers were also for coop...

[DREAD]
Players
7,688 posts
5,840 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

More people than you think play CoOp. That is the reason WG plans yo improve it.

Likely you are right. If we compare the operations to the (pretty dull) Bot-Clicking it’s indeed a significant improvement. 

I play mainly random and sometimes ranked if I feel like but the operations made me play against Bots as well. They are kind of fun, leisure and give some nice rewards like new captains.

while I will never play it a lot it is a nice addition to the game.

Beta Tester
972 posts
10,040 battles

Two of my old work mates, play nothing but CO-OP, and the occasional Operation. They play regularly and enjoy it. So perhaps some unique rewards might be appropriate.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
12 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

because your assumption that nobody plays coop ist wrong?

15 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

More people than you think play CoOp. That is the reason WG plans yo improve it.

I've never seen queue longer than 30, sometimes there are only a couple of people sitting in it. CVs have it worse - often they're the only humans on their team.

Take a look at my battle count - only ~150 are pvp, the rest is standard coop. I know what I'm talking about, maybe?

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,686 posts
6,698 battles
9 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

I play mainly random and sometimes ranked if I feel like but the operations made me play against Bots as well. They are kind of fun, leisure and give some nice rewards like new captains.

After a pretty bad session playing a secondary specced Graf Spee in a operation is just fun and weirdly relaxing. Rewards are nice and you get to dust of ships that you normally would not play or have touched in ages. I find CooP to be pretty unrewarding garbage, but operations are the complete opposite.

Sure it is not very hard and the AI barely evolve past "rush headlong into battle guns blazing", but it is again, fun.

[CATS]
Players
19,424 posts
12,211 battles
1 minute ago, orzel286 said:

I've never seen queue longer than 30, sometimes there are only a couple of people sitting in it. CVs have it worse - often they're the only humans on their team.

Take a look at my battle count - only ~150 are pvp, the rest is standard coop. I know what I'm talking about, maybe?

Why should there be a longer queue?

You need 7 players and a new match starts.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,158 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, orzel286 sagte:

I've never seen queue longer than 30, sometimes there are only a couple of people sitting in it.

because the maximum time in queue for coop is 30 seconds, compared to the 5 minutes for PvP, and you need less players...

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Why should there be a longer queue?

You need 7 players and a new match starts.

1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

because the maximum time in queue for coop is 30 seconds, compared to the 5 minutes for PvP, and you need less players...

And mm still can't find players to fill the full teams at times. If you played coop on a daily basis you'd knew and didn't post what you did.

[CATS]
Players
19,424 posts
12,211 battles

Depends on time and tier.

And if you read what WG writes about CoOP, you would know that it is much more successful than anticipated.

And if you looked at player stats, you would have seen the players with thousandth of CoOP battles.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,158 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, orzel286 sagte:

And mm still can't find players to fill the full teams at times.

of course there are less players in coop than in pvp, especially at high tier. But your claiming "hardly anyone plays" is still wrong...

Vor 4 Minuten, orzel286 sagte:

If you played coop on a daily basis

I do, especially when I cannot concentrate to 100% on the game ... and btw I have done much more coop games than you...

[KVOR]
Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,609 battles

In my opinion, it would be already satisfying, if Coop players would not be treated like second grade customers. PvP/random/ranked are pure torture for a non braindead player without masochistic attitudes, since you simply cannot win a 1 vs. the rest of the players in your match.

If WG would decide to adjust their campaigns and missions and stuff in a way, Coop and operations players could participate in them with a chance of succeeding, i would play this game on a daily base.

I really gave this game another try with the acutal DoY campaign and played PvP/random until i reached the final mission of part two (earn 30000xp in pvp). I tryed hard, but whats the point of spending flags and camo and stuff just to end up mvp of the defeated team over and over again? I decided for myself, that neither any premium reward nor anything else is this torture anymore. I want to spend my leasure time on games that i can enjoy and make me feel like progressing. If WG decides to either force me into a PvP-torture mode or put me into a second grade PvE mode without perspective in participating in major game contents, then so be it. There are other games to enjoy and spend money on...

• Cool 3

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

What's with that screenshot? I don't get it...

[NED]
Players
4,348 posts
11,982 battles

Indeed I think there are more COOP fans than you imagine. I can't back that up with numbers but I often see players with more coops than PvE's.

Personally I still like the random battles the best (overall). Not worried I'll lose my sanity. in my case, that's impossible. I did do some coop games a while ago. It was required for some part of a mission. Forgot which one TBH... And I had a blast in them. I think I'll play a match or two just for the sake of fun.

The operationI find awesome. Our clan sometimes take out for an operation. Yesterday I actually played a CV (!!!!!). Oh boy! I downed 7 planes and had 2 bomb hits.... I know  @xXx_Blogis_xXx.... That level of skill will make even you quiet....

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Depends on time and tier.

And if you read what WG writes about CoOP, you would know that it is much more successful than anticipated.

And if you looked at player stats, you would have seen the players with thousandth of CoOP battles.

1)Even during prime time you can get half of your team consisting of bots. As I said earlier: cvs can be a sole human player on the team. And that's for tiers 5-6.

2)"much more succesful" just doesn't show - neither in what I see in queue nor in what wg does to coop playerbase

3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I do, especially when I cannot concentrate to 100% on the game ... and btw I have done much more coop games than you...

Sorry mr hidden stats, my glasses are a bt dirty, couldn't read that battle count of yours...

1 minute ago, Vaderan said:

In my opinion, it would be already satisfying, if Coop players would not be treated like second grade customers. (...)

^ This guy gets it.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
3 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

What's with that screenshot? I don't get it...

I'm not even sure it's displayed for you, so let me explain:

First one: me in bottom tier dd getting best xp on a losing game when the rest of the team is all ranked pros and fail spectacularly.

Second: I fail like an absolute donkey and bot cruiser carries (my supposedly human) team to victory

• Bad 1

Weekend Tester
810 posts

I think the missions should be available to both pvp or pve, both sets of players pay the same amount  to play, and surely they should be treated the same, some like coop some like pvp, its the individuals choice and neither should be treated differently.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,158 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, DreadArchangel sagte:

I think the missions should be available to both pvp or pve, both sets of players pay the same amount  to play, and surely they should be treated the same, some like coop some like pvp, its the individuals choice and neither should be treated differently.

but many mission are very easy in Coop or PvE but hard in PvP. So you'd need for every mission two different requirements, one for coop/PvE and another one PvP. For example do 10 torp hits in PvP or 50 torp hits (or more) for Coop and so on... Or take a mission with "kill xx planes". Can be hard in PvP, but simply play the Killer Whale operation with a Cleveland and you'll get easily dozens of plane kills... 

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles
14 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

First one: me in bottom tier dd getting best xp on a losing game when the rest of the team is all ranked pros and fail spectacularly.

Second: I fail like an absolute donkey and bot cruiser carries (my supposedly human) team to victory

That's the thing I don't get. Showing us how some of good/average players failed to become first? I had an OMNI member last night in tier X game on my team where he was in tier IX CAs and me in tier VIII DD. He was at bottom by earned XP.

The point is even the best can make mistakes. One game doesn't show anything of anybodies quality for this game.

Players
1,501 posts
5,794 battles

I play Co-Op mainly now and there's a few things which would be nice -

• It would be nice if Co-Op got it's own set of medals like Operations did and with a lower number of signal rewards being added for each medal inc Detonation (i.e. 5 signals compared to PvP 10 signals etc).
  • WG seem to have removed Co-Op do-able weekly missions (Stages 1-3 usually) since the server mission harmony, not a fan of that.
  • Remove Two Brothers from Co-Op map rotation. It's completely random which way the bots will travel and, as none of the 3 routes the humans can take can support each other, you regularly end up with games where the bots mainly go a different way to you (say 7 out of 8 ships) and all die before you can see more than 1 ship.

I'm fairly happy with the XP/Credit rewards Co-Op gets considering it's easiness as I think Operation levels of rewards would be a bit much but I would like to see signal rewards being added (say 1/2 of PvP rewards) especially for Detonation!

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
19,424 posts
12,211 battles
36 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

1)Even during prime time you can get half of your team consisting of bots. As I said earlier: cvs can be a sole human player on the team. And that's for tiers 5-6.

It can happen, but that is not normal.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
10 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

I would like to see signal rewards being added (say 1/2 of PvP rewards) especially for Detonation!

>tfw you run out of detonation flags so you get detonated 3 games in a row and you're a "coop pleb" so you don't even get those det flags for exploding

oYspxEN.jpg?1

[DAVY]
Players
2,609 posts
36 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

Haha....good one :Smile_teethhappy: anyone can play ranked battles no matter how bad....try looking up the players you highlighted, you will see that they did well to even find the co-op button.

Sign in to follow this