Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

Quality gameplay...

Subjective opinion about quality of gameplay  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do my team usually understand tactic in random games?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How do I feel when I win?

• It was stomping.
    • It was good fight.
  3. 3. How do I feel when I lose?

• We were stomped.
    • We fought well, minor mistakes costed us victory.
  4. 4. Do I have often afk/bot on the team in random games?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Lately, game is getting...

• better.
    • worse.
  6. 6. In my opinion, class that usually mess up in random games is:

• BB
    • CV
    • CL/CA
    • DD
  7. 7. Have I rage-quit lately, because of actions of my team?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't remember
  8. 8. Do my team usually understand tactic in random ranked?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. In ranked games, I see stock ships:

• Always
    • Often
    • Never
    • I dont remember
  10. 10. In ranked games people often:

• Communicate
    • Insult
    • Do not communicate
  11. 11. 2018 year of...CV (troll)

• Yes
    • No

36 comments in this topic

Players
1,564 posts
10,237 battles

8. Do my team usually understand tactic in ranked?* - mistake, it was for Ranked.

Please fill. Thank you!

Players
1,211 posts
6,688 battles

All of this is my very subjective feeling.

I still have lots of fun in random despite some issues and I do think that there is way more cooperation and understanding of basic tactics in random games than in ranked.

Ranked are the worst mode this game has to offer.

Almost zero cooperation, insults from the beginning, teamkilling on purpose (sth I haven't seen in WoWs for a long time and only on very low tiers).

[NWP]
Players
6,203 posts
7,363 battles

Some questions were a bit tricky to answer, like

2) + 3) i went with the option which seem to occur more often.

And 6 would need several options.... unfurtunately i had to go with DD, normaly its CV, because its just too often that they screw around. Furtunately, they arent around that much, so i picked DD. Playing mostly Cruiser/Cruiser or Cruiser/BB division, the thing i need most is a good DD. SOmetimes u can live without a BB, even when they play like potatoes often. But when a DD is utterly stupid on hightiers, it will cost u the game more often than BBs sitting at 20km.

8) i played 3 games ranked so far, the stupidity is unbearable... In every game we get ship + cap advantage, and every time my team think its good to go out, full broadside to the WHOLE ENEMY FLEET and die 1 by 1...

Every time i tell them what to do, and often they seem to respond with "wilco" but u think they do that? nope...

[HOO]
Players
1,487 posts
3,014 battles

I refuse to play ranked it's just cancerous, so I cant answer the poll.

However too answer the do my team understand tactics question, that's easy.

No.

Most players don't seem to understand that to win a battle you have to get 1000 points OR kill all the enemy. Most battles seem to focus on killing all the enemy team for a win rather than playing the objectives and getting a points win.  

[SCRUB]
Players
2,248 posts
13,118 battles

Oh, and me silly thought it is going to be about some interesting friendly banter that had place over couple of battles...

[FJAKA]
Players
2,228 posts
336 battles

there is no quality....hordes of zombies from WOT are ruining this game.....combined with WG who encourages their game play by introducing Facebook style of gameplay with sips like conqueror

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,243 posts
12,543 battles
1 hour ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I refuse to play ranked it's just cancerous, so I cant answer the poll.

However too answer the do my team understand tactics question, that's easy.

No.

Most players don't seem to understand that to win a battle you have to get 1000 points OR kill all the enemy. Most battles seem to focus on killing all the enemy team for a win rather than playing the objectives and getting a points win.  

I think ranked is quite enjoyable. The only people I see complaining about ranked are the ones that struggle with it. I quite like the whole feeling that you are actually achieving something. I like the increased difficulty, the frustration when you lose. It feels like there's something at stake, as opposed to randoms.

Also most players don't understand the relation between kills and caps. That's one of the main ways games are lost. People look at the caps and go "armahgerd, they have 2 caps!!!11oneone - we have to do something!" all while happily ignoring the fact that we have a 300 point and 3 ship lead. They then proceed to throw themselves at caps, losing their ships and said lead in the process. Sacrificing ships for caps is almost never worth it. 

People are obsessed with the objective for no reason whatsoever and they forget that ship kills = points.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles
3 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

Also most players don't understand the relation between kills and caps. That's one of the main ways games are lost. People look at the caps and go "armahgerd, they have 2 caps!!!11oneone - we have to do something!" all while happily ignoring the fact that we have a 300 point and 3 ship lead.

This! This is the main problem of ranked and random. Especially ranked these days.

Players
4,370 posts
7,959 battles
5 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

Also most players don't understand the relation between kills and caps. That's one of the main ways games are lost. People look at the caps and go "armahgerd, they have 2 caps!!!11oneone - we have to do something!" all while happily ignoring the fact that we have a 300 point and 3 ship lead.

Now, tell me, how long these 300 points will last.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,228 posts
336 battles
12 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

I think ranked is quite enjoyable. The only people I see complaining about ranked are the ones that struggle with it. I quite like the whole feeling that you are actually achieving something. I like the increased difficulty, the frustration when you lose. It feels like there's something at stake, as opposed to randoms.

Also most players don't understand the relation between kills and caps. That's one of the main ways games are lost. People look at the caps and go "armahgerd, they have 2 caps!!!11oneone - we have to do something!" all while happily ignoring the fact that we have a 300 point and 3 ship lead. They then proceed to throw themselves at caps, losing their ships and said lead in the process. Sacrificing ships for caps is almost never worth it. 

People are obsessed with the objective for no reason whatsoever and they forget that ship kills = points.

Problem with ranked is that there is 0, zero, null, nula, nul, զրո, nialas, nulla, cero skill involved....it is pure braindead grind in which most times you can not have too much influence in win/los becasue you got stomped or you stopmed others hard, it just depends which side got more braindead zombies.

best example is one of our former guildmates that in last sezon got to Rank1 after 1200 games and 47% wr.

he and his clan could not do that in clanwars, they did not eaven get into typhoon league.....so yes....pure grind for ones with lots of nerves

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,243 posts
12,543 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

Now, tell me, how long these 300 points will last.

Depends. It's not a straight answer, is it. It might be enough to outright win the match. It might be enough to force the enemy into an unfavorable situation or it might not be either of those things.

If you're asking about the point gain rate then the wiki does a good job explaining it.

Action Random and
Co-Op Battles
Ranked Battles Clan Battles
Game starts 300 points 300 points 300 points
Capture a control area +3 or +4 points +9 points +3 points
Control one of two areas N/A +9 points every 10 seconds
(for each area controlled)
N/A
Control one of three areas +3 points every 5 seconds
N/A +3 points every 4 seconds
Control one of four areas +4 points every 9 seconds
N/A N/A
Control one of four areas (Northand Northern Lights only) +3 points every 6 seconds
N/A N/A

But they will definitely not last very long if you start losing ships because you panic due to being down a cap. Because losing a ship is a pretty big points swing.

Ship Class Random and Co-Op Battles Ranked Battles Clan Battles
Reward for Killing Penalty for Death Reward for Killing Penalty for Death Reward for Killing Penalty for Death
WowsshipclassDestroyerDefault.png Destroyers +30 points -45 points +40 points -60 points +40 points -60 points
WowsshipclassCruiserDefault.png Cruisers +35 points -50 points +40 points -60 points +40 points -60 points
WowsshipclassBattleshipDefault.png Battleships +40 points -60 points +40 points -60 points +40 points -60 points
WowsshipclassAirCarrierDefault.png Aircraft Carriers +45 points -65 points +40 points -60 points N/A N/A

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,243 posts
12,543 battles
6 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Problem with ranked is that there is 0, zero, null, nula, nul, զրո, nialas, nulla, cero skill involved....it is pure braindead grind in which most times you can not have too much influence in win/los becasue you got stomped or you stopmed others hard, it just depends which side got more braindead zombies.

best example is one of our former guildmates that in last sezon got to Rank1 after 1200 games and 47% wr.

he and his clan could not do that in clanwars, they did not eaven get into typhoon league.....so yes....pure grind for ones with lots of nerves

It's pure grind if you're not very good. If you're not very good, you can still get to rank 1 but yeah, it will take you 1000 matches and that I would agree is cancerous. Most people will reach rank 1 in under 250 matches or give up.

I have a clan mate that ranked out this season in 90 matches so there's that. I think that takes quite a lot of skill in fact.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,228 posts
336 battles
3 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

It's pure grind if you're not very good. If you're not very good, you can still get to rank 1 but yeah, it will take you 1000 matches and that I would agree is cancerous. Most people will reach rank 1 in under 250 matches or give up.

I have a clan mate that ranked out this season in 90 matches so there's that. I think that takes quite a lot of skill in fact.

usually peoples who are beyond 60% wr in random struggle to pass 55% in Ranked.....also i believe some peoples got it in 90 games, they are not good the are exceptional because they can compensate for 3 morons in team, and they usually dont loose stars because are first and they start form high rank because of previous high rank. We talk about TTT one of top 3 clans, right?

still Ranked supposed to be "skill" mode and in reality it is grind mode. Only skill mode which can not be grinded if you dont have certain level os skill in Clanwars

Players
4,154 posts
9,232 battles
2 hours ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

All of this is my very subjective feeling.

I still have lots of fun in random despite some issues and I do think that there is way more cooperation and understanding of basic tactics in random games than in ranked.

This I agree with. It's not really a quality questionnaire.

Annoying is that I have to fill in all the fields or I can't even enter it.

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,243 posts
12,543 battles
17 minutes ago, veslingr said:

usually peoples who are beyond 60% wr in random struggle to pass 55% in Ranked.....also i believe some peoples got it in 90 games, they are not good the are exceptional because they can compensate for 3 morons in team, and they usually dont loose stars because are first and they start form high rank because of previous high rank. We talk about TTT one of top 3 clans, right?

still Ranked supposed to be "skill" mode and in reality it is grind mode. Only skill mode which can not be grinded if you dont have certain level os skill in Clanwars

I had a 62% win rate this season and a 66% win rate last season in ranked which is very much in line with my solo win rate in randoms. I am not sure where you get the 60%/55% ratio from.

I just explained to you why it's grind mode only for people who are not very good. Check this table out if you want to have a look at win rates vs number of matches etc.

I totally respect your feelings and anyone else's on the matter though. I get that you or others might simply not like the game mode. That's fine. I was just saying that for me, it's a fun game mode and I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with it. :Smile_honoring:

Edit: And I don't think TTT is a top 3 clan. We are top 10. That means we're good but we're not the best. And I bet you that lots of the people getting to rank one are in lower rated clans than TTT. The clan itself or its competitive rating doesn't necessarily mean that you will do well in ranked.

Players
4,370 posts
7,959 battles
7 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

Depends. It's not a straight answer, is it.

Or you say 166 seconds on maps with 2 Caps, like in your example. So, you have 3 mins on the clock, lost both caps and for some reason are 300 points ahead - you need to do something. simple as that.

9 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

It's pure grind if you're not very good. If you're not very good, you can still get to rank 1 but yeah, it will take you 1000 matches and that I would agree is cancerous.

I dont even understand, how its mathematically possible to reach rank 1 with a 47% WR... There are no save ranks and you would need to make more stars then u lose by a huge number. Technically, a person like this, shouldnt be gaining stars at all. Unless, he quite constantly scores on the top while losing. But then again, you´d think, if you manage to come out on top this often, you wouldnt be a 47% WR guy. Then again, there are the 20km-Fuso-HE-spammers from last season....

[FJAKA]
Players
2,228 posts
336 battles
17 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

I had a 62% win rate this season and a 66% win rate last season in ranked which is very much in line with my solo win rate in randoms. I am not sure where you get the 60%/55% ratio from.

I just explained to you why it's grind mode only for people who are not very good. Check this table out if you want to have a look at win rates vs number of matches etc.

I totally respect your feelings and anyone else's on the matter though. I get that you or others might simply not like the game mode. That's fine. I was just saying that for me, it's a fun game mode and I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with it. :Smile_honoring:

Edit: And I don't think TTT is a top 3 clan. We are top 10. That means we're good but we're not the best. And I bet you that lots of the people getting to rank one are in lower rated clans than TTT. The clan itself or its competitive rating doesn't necessarily mean that you will do well in ranked.

i am currently on rank 7, 79 battles, 58,23% wr....so not total potato, but still.....i have feeling that MM decide if i will win or not more than my own skill

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,243 posts
12,543 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Or you say 166 seconds on maps with 2 Caps, like in your example. So, you have 3 mins on the clock, lost both caps and for some reason are 300 points ahead - you need to do something. simple as that.

I dont even understand, how its mathematically possible to reach rank 1 with a 47% WR... There are no save ranks and you would need to make more stars then u lose by a huge number. Technically, a person like this, shouldnt be gaining stars at all. Unless, he quite constantly scores on the top while losing. But then again, you´d think, if you manage to come out on top this often, you wouldnt be a 47% WR guy. Then again, there are the 20km-Fuso-HE-spammers from last season....

You need to do something but that something doesn't need to mean throwing ships at caps. If you can get more kills, I would focus on that. There's a point where the enemy team can't win anymore due to lack of ships afloat. 

And yeah, 3 minutes until they overtake you in points which doesn't mean that you lost the match automatically. 

The point is that losing ships simply out of panic because the enemy has 2 caps is usually a bad idea (especially so if it's as a result of failing to recognize an overall tactical superiority)

[FJAKA]
Players
2,228 posts
336 battles
13 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

pauk2.jpg

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,243 posts
12,543 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

i am currently on rank 7, 79 battles, 58,23% wr....so not total potato, but still.....i have feeling that MM decide if i will win or not more than my own skill

That's clearly not the case. You are actually doing very very well indeed. Your performance is comfortably among the top 100 players. You are one of those exceptional players you referred to.

Ranked is NOT a grind for you and you are most likely having a very positive impact on your matches. :fish_viking:

Players
4,370 posts
7,959 battles
5 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

The point is that losing ships simply out of panic because the enemy has 2 caps is usually a bad idea (especially so if it's as a result of failing to recognize an overall tactical superiority)

Well. its all situational. Yesterday it was a 1vs1 situation, Green Takao against Red Bismarck. Green had both caps, both ships were undetected, ~6 mins to play, Green was 400 points ahead. I pulled out the calculator and even in the best scenario, there was no way, the Bismarck could turn this. Some in the green team didnt seem to agree. Takao did run, won the game. Why risk anything if you have already won?

2 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

Ranked is NOT a grind for you and you are most likely having a very positive impact on your matches. :fish_viking:

Bah, I feel, for the ppl with the better WR, Ranked is even more cancerous. Last season was the worst. I actually wanted to go for R1, wasted something like 60-70 games after reaching R5. It was +1/0/-1 repeat. Games were full of HE Fusos runing circles at the back of the map and DDs not capping, but running circles aswell, trying to get dmg from those BBs so that they wont lose a star. Me in my Leander in the middle crying to do SOMETHING.... I went from ~75%WR down to 57% and then called it a day. Just couldnt take it anymore.

@veslingr I know thos ppl exist. There are even worse examples It just baffles me... why you go through this, and how and I think of all the ppl, for whom they ruined litterally hunders of rounds.

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,243 posts
12,543 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

Well. its all situational. Yesterday it was a 1vs1 situation, Green Takao against Red Bismarck. Green had both caps, both ships were undetected, ~6 mins to play, Green was 400 points ahead. I pulled out the calculator and even in the best scenario, there was no way, the Bismarck could turn this. Some in the green team didnt seem to agree. Takao did run, won the game. Why risk anything if you have already won?

That's exactly my point though. Had the Takao panicked because the Bismarck was capping one of the points and went to defend, then Reds had a good chance of winning. 

In fact, as you correctly pointed out, the play there was to go dark and run for the hills and let the Bismarck get all the caps and do whatever the hell he wanted because the only way he was gonna win is if he killed the Takao.

My experience is (in both randoms and ranked) that people don't get that relationship between caps and the rate of points gained so in their mind 2 caps lost = lost game despite it not always being the case so they take unnecessary risks which in the end snowballs a loss even worse because when they die they feed points.

[NWP]
Players
6,203 posts
7,363 battles
16 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

That's exactly my point though. Had the Takao panicked because the Bismarck was capping one of the points and went to defend, then Reds had a good chance of winning. 

In fact, as you correctly pointed out, the play there was to go dark and run for the hills and let the Bismarck get all the caps and do whatever the hell he wanted because the only way he was gonna win is if he killed the Takao.

My experience is (in both randoms and ranked) that people don't get that relationship between caps and the rate of points gained so in their mind 2 caps lost = lost game despite it not always being the case so they take unnecessary risks which in the end snowballs a loss even worse because when they die they feed points.

But those ppl throw ANY game... I played 3 ranked games so far, and every time its the same procedure. Since i currently only have Takao and Bismarck as T8s i rather went with Takao (but i think Bismarck might have been the better choice for the mid-low ranks).

1. match Hotspot, we started where A is. I go fullspeed A, i get single cap! (no DDs), because noone managed to get in the cap in time lol... I say, ill go to C check what happens. First: Mogami and Bismarck follow me, the 4 remaining ships camp in A. I spot an enemy Takao going C also, but he turned after i shot him. So i cap C mogami and bismarck still following me... Enemies push B to A, i say retreat... nothing happens, on the contrary, all our BBs steam in, i cant torp. Mogami and Hipper start chasing the Takao which i scared away from C eventually all dieing. (in the meantime we had Caps B+C and A was capped by enemy team but constantly resetted, still they pushed to die)

2. Match Hotspot again same spawn also no DD. I get A, then say: Ill go C DONT FOLLOW ME. They all camp in A, even manage to kill a NO which overextends. I cap C so we have CAP AND SHIP lead. Our NO leaves the islands -> Dies.

Edinburgh follows, smokes full speed -> Dies. First BB follows him -> Dies. at that time it was over anyway since some ships flanked from behind A while the others were between A/B. In the end im alone vs 3, kill 1 more and die aswell.

3. Match Trident, no DD again (like -.-), our team wants go A, fine. I go ahead, say Radio points A. I turn before cap shoot a bit at the BBs. Our Atago goes in and dies ofc. All enemy SHips are around A, i say ill go cap B then (being the fastest ship).

NC heads into A -> Dies, 2 Bismarcks follow me to B, ENemy Edinburgh rushes also B (which i knew from Radio), rams a Bismarck (luckily he survived), meanwhile our Hipper dies somwhere at B2/C2, Tirpitz rushes into A -> Dies so we are 3 vs 6... The only thing which saved the match, was that enemy HIpper and Mogami charged us while being almost Dead. So 3vs4. My 2 Bismarcks manage to kill enemy NC and another Bismarck, i kill the Noob Tirpitz who had HP Perk/RPF and shooting HE at me. When i realized he had HP perk i just expected him to be the bottom scrub, so i took him 1v1. Easy kill. In the end we got A+B with me vs Bismarck. He caps A, i run away -> Win.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,228 posts
336 battles

10 seconds till the end of match, we have 300 points advantage, 2 caps, they have 2 ships we one Bismarck.....our decide to ram their NC....he ramed their ship 3 seconds till the end.....even we screamed in chat for 20 seconds he will ram you, run away, but he instead ramed NC....what to say....