In-game Division Etiquette

7 comments in this topic

Question

[W-C]
Players
494 posts
2,201 battles

Hi All

Noob question - Just wondering if there is any guidelines on the 'polite' way to join a division in-game/on loading screen?

Sometimes i see a 2-person division (e.g. 2 DD's) and think to join (e.g. in a CL) as support. However, it feels a bit 'gate-crashy' to just 'join'. Is there a way to ask first? at the moment i just join and then try to send a division message as soon as game loads asking if it's OK, but not sure if that is the 'right' thing to do, or whether i should just not be joining (i should wait to be asked)?

Comments?

6 answers to this question

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,646 posts

Simply entering an already existing division is probably not the best idea. It is impolite at best and simply rude otherwise.

You can ask if you are allowed to join them via teamchat. If they do not respond, don't join.

The real advantage of divisions comes from the ability to communicate effectivly with each other. Most use Teamspeak or similar external tools for that. If a division uses the build-in division voice chat of WoWs you could communicate with them in a proper way to be an effective team member within their group. If they use external tools you might still be able send them voice messages this way (never tested it) but they could not respond. Getting a teammmate you can't coordinate with and who can send you random voice messages is very much disliked by most.

Divisions without such communications are not much better then random players unless they played and trained together for an extended time. So there would be no need or use for you to join one of those.

Players
55 posts
10,995 battles

I think it;s rare people will ask. Divisions are often friends playing with voice comms on their Discord or Teamspeak server.

The strength in divisions is communicating and apart from an in-match text channel, joining in a match gives no benefit - you won't spawn together at the start etc.

If you want, keep doing what you're doing, but I would advise checking out the Reddit Discord Warships channel or the WG;EU Teamspeak channel if you want to meet some people and play in divisions:

Teamspeak - 92.223.3.90:9989

Reddit WOWS Discord - https://discordapp.com/invite/EEH8KAP

Players
1,497 posts
3,883 battles

I think most divisions in this game are probably someone and their friend playing for fun.

If the players have the same clan tag, then they may be playing to practise for clan battles.

In either case, a random stranger deciding to invite him/herself into their division is probably unwelcome.

You can still support them by simply following what they are doing and announcing that you intend to support in chat, you don't need to division up with them.

The benefit of doing it this way is that you can even support 3-ship divisions, too.

Good luck and fair seas. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Captain_LOZFFVII

1,471 posts
10,081 battles

As blood_vessel said,

TS3, Discord, Skype is must have for any divison. It wont change anything if you are not communicating.
And by the way, divison with unknown person.... dont expect much efficiency unless you are both like unicums.

[W-C]
Players
494 posts
2,201 battles

Thanks for the replies - kind of makes sense i guess :). Am checking out the discord channel @Blood_Vessel, thanks.

And sorry anyone for gatecrashing on ur div's - I will do so no more :Smile_great: !

Edited by Rusty_9
added additional text

[AAO]
Beta Tester
118 posts
4,068 battles

TBH. I just remove them from my divs and then lock div. I am playing with a friend in comms al the time and there is no need for a new guy. Exceptions can be made, if said person wants to join a clan.