Tuccy

Battle of the North Cape - Mission 5 Task 3

31 comments in this topic

[T-N-T]
Players
3,058 posts
13,567 battles
13 hours ago, CNW said:

Whatever you do, DON'T give up beforehand, even if you have a bad feeling about that one, RNG might smile on you or you might get inept straightlining enemies.

I thought along similar lines, then I gave it a shot, and bam, on second try done (and it was a T7 match too), then handful of games later repeat (T5, but with two CVs)

Also what's important - the mission goals are an addition to the usual game goals, they don't replace them.

Well I didn't give up, was running the 75k XP mission concurrently just in case. But yeah, in 11 Kamikaze games I got 90k DMG in torps once (several other 100k DMG battles, but with a large part of fires or flooding - basically as I expected). Thankfully there were always enough BBs to get killed, so I got two stars  by repeating the "Kill 10 BBs" mission.

Speaking of RNG, you may hav been correct. I feel like RNGesus was exceptionally involved today (secondary detonations, survivals on tens or hundreds of hp only, double strikes aplenty in both randoms and ranked). So yes, people, don't give up! Seems like everything is possible these days.

Players
1 post
1,964 battles

I would like to get these two missions additional time to accomplish them. Something that started as a nice and engaging challenge turned into horrific, totally unenjoyable grinding. Needless to say I am not going to make it in due time. The missions, especially the 90k torp damage with british cruisers are unrealistic. If the stars happen to align perfectly, one just MIGHT be able to do it (I have Leander, t6 cruiser). Kill 10 battleships, gain one star. Ok, this can be done, but it needs a lot of time which I and so many others are running out of.

Please provide additional time for completing these missions, since it started out in a fun and engaging way. Now I just get bad taste in my mouth and there is no real enjoyment in playing trying to accomplish something unreasonably hard.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,470 posts
Vor 14 Minuten, Antiperspirantti sagte:

The missions, especially the 90k torp damage with british cruisers are unrealistic.

that is why there is no such mission...

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,664 posts
27 minutes ago, Antiperspirantti said:

especially the 90k torp damage with british cruisers are unrealistic

Not impossible!

zjmFAJa.jpg

[T-N-T]
Players
3,058 posts
13,567 battles
4 hours ago, Antiperspirantti said:

I would like to get these two missions additional time to accomplish them. Something that started as a nice and engaging challenge turned into horrific, totally unenjoyable grinding. Needless to say I am not going to make it in due time. The missions, especially the 90k torp damage with british cruisers are unrealistic. If the stars happen to align perfectly, one just MIGHT be able to do it (I have Leander, t6 cruiser). Kill 10 battleships, gain one star. Ok, this can be done, but it needs a lot of time which I and so many others are running out of.

Please provide additional time for completing these missions, since it started out in a fun and engaging way. Now I just get bad taste in my mouth and there is no real enjoyment in playing trying to accomplish something unreasonably hard.

You're combining two separate missions. For 2 stars, you gotta do 90k torp DMG per battle  in any ship (well, any DD at least, but I believe it was open even for cruisers and BBs that have torps). For 1 star, you gotta get 11 torp hits with a british DD or cruiser in any number of battles.

Also, I'm not sure you know you can repeat the easiest mission to get the star(s) fr it again.

Sign in to follow this