Battle of the North Cape - Mission 5 Task 3

31 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,454 posts
7,505 battles

Commanders,

As reported by other regions overnight, there is an issue with the Task 3 of Mission 5 of the Battle of the North Cape, preventing completion of the mission. We will be applying a fix to this on January 09, 2018 at 06:00 CET (UTC+1).

Until then please do not take up this mission. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this and we would like to thank you for your understanding.

Action Stations!

:fish_viking:

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,427 posts

Good thing then that we can't take the task yet. It will not be available before the fix.

Good to know that there is a fix readily available once we can get to completing the campaign.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,454 posts
7,505 battles

True, the bit about not taking the mission is a bit redundant for EU as the patch should hit us before the missions are enabled... Then again we have plenty of players from across the pond reading the forum as well :)

• Cool 1

[SINT]
[SINT]
Players
392 posts
16,227 battles

Glad too see this fixed before going live in the EU. This mission seems to be the most reliable mission if not somehow grindy to get the DoY. Would be a shame if it was not available in time. Going for 3x 75K xp and 1x 40K xp (final) to get my DoY and one day less would increase the to-do xp a day.

[HEROZ]
Players
764 posts
6,759 battles

I hope the issue is that 75k is way too much for a submission and will be changed to lets say 35k...:cap_like:

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,427 posts
18 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

I hope the issue is that 75k is way too much for a submission and will be changed to lets say 35k...:cap_like:

18 minutes ago, Gabriel_Frei said:

Yes, 35k are ok

Don't get your hopes up. According to Sehales on the german forums the 75k XP will stay. The only adjustment will be the change from "in a single battle" (which is a bit much for 75k XP :cap_hmm:) to "over any amount of battles".

Players
763 posts
4,127 battles

I love how @Tuccy Is rather quiet after the bit of 75k being changed :P But I need to do Task 5 within minimum 2 days.... That Mission tho....

Hope its something more feasible... Plez no 75k :fish_nerv:

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

So there is a good part after all being on EU server :Smile_trollface:

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
513 posts
10,566 battles

I hope you tone down the requirements a bit, 3x75k is kinda steep and the other missions are bogus.

• Cool 1

[HEROZ]
Players
764 posts
6,759 battles

The problem here is that rest of the mission is class heavy. There are no missions for battleships in level 5.

In level 4 it was easy to get dreadnought in cruisers (actually got mine in emerald last week), or high caliber. Level 5 is simply "f*ck battleships". I believe that all levels should have missions for all classes.

Either way I am not getting my tier X-VIII BBs on the field in the next 10 days because every shima, etc there is will be dropping torps left and right to score some hits. This week MM is clogged with BBs. From tommorow it wil be DDs. I dont think we need any more proof of bad mission design.

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
513 posts
10,566 battles

Well it's not only battleships its also cruisers that get the shaft. I don't have a high tier torp boat and no carriers, so 90k torpedo damage in one battle is a tall order for a cruiser.  Not impossible, but way too improbable.

[HEROZ]
Players
764 posts
6,759 battles

Mission1 "11 torps from british cruiser or dd over any amount of battles". There you go. Cruisers. I stand corrected. Now we will have minotaurs firing 10 torp broadsides from smoke.

Playerbase: "MM because of Level 4 is unplayable. Balance is out of window. One class is everywhere. It cannot be worse."

WG: "Hold my beer."

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
513 posts
10,566 battles
16 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

Mission1 "11 torps from british cruiser or dd over any amount of battles". There you go. Cruisers.

Well if you have a Brit cruiser and even then it only yields 1 star.

[SINT]
[SINT]
Players
392 posts
16,227 battles

The round 5 missions are rather harsh... To gamble on 11 torphits or 90K dmg with torps is questionable.. 10 BB kills is doable but will require x2 since it only gives 1*. 3  times 75 dmg (plus an additional 40 for the final mission) is a stupid grindfest. Vacation Is over and my time is limited. Even with my current premium time and throwing every xp bonus camo and flag into the void makes 7 days grinding around 38 k xp an evening a tiresome job. WG really did not want people with a free DoY to experience the 2nd group of missions....

• Cool 2

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
513 posts
10,566 battles
33 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Vacation Is over and my time is limited. Even with my current premium time and throwing every xp bonus camo and flag into the void makes 7 days grinding around 38 k xp an evening a tiresome job. WG really did not want people with a free DoY to experience the 2nd group of missions....

I understand you, I am actually disabled and I have more free time than the average person and even I think this missions are too grindy.

I also love how there is a mission for British destroyers of which are only two in the game, both are premiums and one (the one I own) is only a tier III and not allowed.

[T-N-T]
Players
3,027 posts
13,465 battles

Yeah, not happy about that 75k XP mission that would need to be run 3 times for 6 stars total...

90k DMG with torps in a sigle battle is probably something I never managed once in 5k battles.

11 torp hits with UK cruisers and 10 BB kills is relatively easiest, but both only reward 1 star, so... Dammit.

[-GG-]
Players
261 posts
14,006 battles
17 hours ago, Toivia said:

90k DMG with torps in a sigle battle is probably something I never managed once in 5k battles.

Wut ? What DDs you run - Khaba ?

Any IJN DD from tier V up is able to do it quite easily, not to mention higher US/KM/PA tiers.

[IDDQD]
Players
130 posts
11,142 battles
20 hours ago, Toivia said:

Yeah, not happy about that 75k XP mission that would need to be run 3 times for 6 stars total...

11 torp hits with UK cruisers and 10 BB kills is relatively easiest, but both only reward 1 star, so... Dammit.

I found that Kamikaze is the ideal tool for the 90k mission. Torpedoes are fast, punch hard and your targets are still clueless.. And damn does this forum need a seal emote.

If you don't have that one, Akatsuki or TRB Shira will do the job too, and there are valid DD choices elsewhere (German DDs, USN DDs, Ognevoi - I almost did the 90k in that one, in fact..)

In the end it's all about target selection. You don't want to waste your torps on someone who's either aware of your presence or maneuvering to engage someone else.

[T-N-T]
Players
3,027 posts
13,465 battles

I'll give it a try, but whenever I tried to get torp hits for any kind of mission, I never got any. Therefore aiming for 90k DMG in torps in one battle is about as likely for me to complete as getting a Witherer (again something I only managed like 5 times in all my playing).

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
839 posts
10 hours ago, CNW said:

I found that Kamikaze is the ideal tool for the 90k mission. Torpedoes are fast, punch hard and your targets are still clueless.. And damn does this forum need a seal emote.

If you don't have that one, Akatsuki or TRB Shira will do the job too, and there are valid DD choices elsewhere (German DDs, USN DDs, Ognevoi - I almost did the 90k in that one, in fact..)

In the end it's all about target selection. You don't want to waste your torps on someone who's either aware of your presence or maneuvering to engage someone else.

Was under 1k from it today. And every game in the Kami after that was tier 7, with 5 DDs or it had a CV in it. Gave up. Teams just melted.

Privateer
291 posts
5,611 battles

i hate this campaign. Not because of the task requirements, but how negatively it affects gameplay and teams composition. What i see in battles is that it motivates hiding and suicide strike tactics more than creative play style.

[IDDQD]
Players
130 posts
11,142 battles
11 hours ago, Toivia said:

I'll give it a try, but whenever I tried to get torp hits for any kind of mission, I never got any. Therefore aiming for 90k DMG in torps in one battle is about as likely for me to complete as getting a Witherer (again something I only managed like 5 times in all my playing).

Whatever you do, DON'T give up beforehand, even if you have a bad feeling about that one, RNG might smile on you or you might get inept straightlining enemies.

I thought along similar lines, then I gave it a shot, and bam, on second try done (and it was a T7 match too), then handful of games later repeat (T5, but with two CVs)

Also what's important - the mission goals are an addition to the usual game goals, they don't replace them.

9 hours ago, siramra said:

Was under 1k from it today. And every game in the Kami after that was tier 7, with 5 DDs or it had a CV in it. Gave up. Teams just melted.

See above, also - damage counts against everything, even DDs torped in smoke.. and while that might be just a couple of thousand HP, it's still damage done *and* a potential threat removed from the game.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
839 posts
5 hours ago, CNW said:

See above, also - damage counts against everything, even DDs torped in smoke.. and while that might be just a couple of thousand HP, it's still damage done *and* a potential threat removed from the game.

I know. Problem is that ships tend to be lazy with the wasd when there is less DDs. I killed my fair share of smoked DDs yesterday.

Sign in to follow this