You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bouncer8409

What more can you do ?

18 comments in this topic

[RNSF]
Players
209 posts
12,834 battles

Hi guys

Posting this for opinions and suggestions. Belfast game, team were a bit pants as you will see in the replay. Any suggestions or tips for imrovement welcome. 

shot-18_01.08_08_15.27-0842.thumb.jpg.e1f718b8d04a02039a9e0ff3a1a6b9f0.jpgshot-18_01.08_08_15.29-0365.thumb.jpg.f26bc2aaeec2361f8b1d8569ae4799f0.jpgshot-18_01.08_08_15.31-0229.thumb.jpg.68a1246bd05526cbfe8c953da8456328.jpgshot-18_01.08_08_15.33-0758.thumb.jpg.0dd3c7dfb9081ad828eb3453b28f2cdf.jpg

Here is the replay.

Good gaming all.

20180108_080034_PBSC507-Belfast-1959_50_Gold_harbor.wowsreplay

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[-BWR-]
Players
79 posts
3,499 battles

Hah, welcome to my world. I had that this week many times,. Playing Random/Ranked is just a lottery, where RNG gods decide which side will win. Problem is that with a cruiser it's hard to carry a battle. I had such a battle with my Phoenix last week, I had more XP than the number 1 of the winning team, but if your team is rather clueless, it doesn't matter how good you perform, you will lose. I will post a screenshot once I am at home to show you that you are not alone. :)  

Also, if you are on the wrong side of a steamrolling battle, you have a target rich environment. Which allows you to dish out more damage. 

[ONE2]
Players
2,526 posts
14,976 battles

Heh, that might actually explain why I always seem to have much more damage done = better result in a lost game, when playing with Mogami, than I do when we actually won. I have found that rather baffling at times. :Smile_amazed:

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,742 battles

Is it just me or does the DL link for the replay not work?

But from the screens I can say one thing:

Shooting at the enemy CV is a waste of shells unless you are absolutely sure you can kill him fast.

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,233 battles
2 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Heh, that might actually explain why I always seem to have much more damage done = better result in a lost game, when playing with Mogami, than I do when we actually won. I have found that rather baffling at times. :Smile_amazed:

Actually when u think about it, this makes sense. If u are able to survive, u will ofc deal damage. So especially when your team is miserable, u can deal large amounts of damage. If your team would have been capable, they would have dealt more damage aswell, leaving less for u :Smile-_tongue:

2 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Is it just me or does the DL link for the replay not work?

Havent worked for me for atleast 1 week...

@ OP

I guess your team had a case of Broadside-ism :cap_haloween:

Players
747 posts
8,297 battles

image.thumb.png.26e7174d9a7c8f9fb09b34bd53a2f4a7.png

Today was a great day to play. Probably should start AFKing to get my winrate up. Still cant figure out what I am doing wrong.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,742 battles
Vor 52 Minuten, mariouus sagte:

Today was a great day to play. Probably should start AFKing to get my winrate up. Still cant figure out what I am doing wrong.

Hard to say just from these stats, but I guess you are only farming HE damage and fires on BBs instead of playing for the objectives (caps, killing DDs, ...)

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles
1 hour ago, mariouus said:

image.thumb.png.26e7174d9a7c8f9fb09b34bd53a2f4a7.png

tMjJDFa.jpg

My day. It happens, doesn't necessarily mean you're doing anything wrong. If the numbers don't improve over hundreds to thousands of battles, then you can conclude you're doing something wrong. However, the single biggest factor by quite some margin is luck when you're dealing in such a small sample of games. As unbelievably frustrating as it is to have a session like we had today, you shouldn't worry too much about short-term win rates. Just focus on making the correct plays and the numbers will look after themselves as luck evens out over the long term.

Players
747 posts
8,297 battles
37 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Hard to say just from these stats, but I guess you are only farming HE damage and fires on BBs instead of playing for the objectives (caps, killing DDs, ...)

I thought about it,but caping and defence is align with Myoko and Algeria.For Yorck, Potential damage taken is highest among my tier.VII. Also spotting damage is similar to other same tier ships. Statistically there is nothing wrong with Yorck or Molotov, this is the reason I can't figure this out.

Only thing I can imagine is special grudge from MM. But for 20+ battles it is bit exessive.

[MIRAI]
Players
756 posts
4,998 battles

Yeah very bad day. Some have more luck then others. And Shima is underpowered pls buff.

very bad day.png

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Your replay link is dead. I wanted to see it but obviously I can't. So I can't help you here OP

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles

Haven't watched the replay (no time, sry) but judging from the screens you should perhaps work on your target priority.

You have destroyed two bottom tier ships, those obviously won't have much impact on the game unless captained by someone very good. You seem to have focused on lower tier ships in general while almost all of the top tier ships on the enemy team survived and did rather well. Shooting at the CV is also a waste of time unless you're sure you can kill him quickly.

I mean, if those were the only ships on your flank and your only targets sure, not much you can do then. And even just seeing the screenshots I can tell that that loss certainly wasn't your fault. Some games are simply impossible to win even if you kill 2/3rds of the enemy team on your own.

• Cool 1

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
181 posts
5,896 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Haven't watched the replay (no time, sry) but judging from the screens you should perhaps work on your target priority.

Some games are simply impossible to win even if you kill 2/3rds of the enemy team on your own.

This was my thoughts as well along with maybe your positioning and what captain and captain skills are you using.  The Belfast is a lovely ship, we have pretty similar stats with Belfast other than win rate so I am curious.   Bolded for truth.

I wanted to see your replay too, get it working OP!   :fish_glass:

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles

Wasn't able to watch the replay.

1 Your team was really bad and something tells me your BB were tomatoes.

2 Your CV was a tomato.

3 Your DD don't look like they did something valuable.

Now about your Belfast, it may be your were on a flank where nothing really happened besides some lower tier ships going your way and getting sunk.

Obivously the emerald was a tomato, same for the konigsberg -> if I had been there in either of these 2 ships we could have spent the whole game fighting.

So I would say your positioning was not that good and you did not go where the bulk of the fighting took place -> then you could have had a huge influence (Belfast you know) on the battle no matter if your team was not good.

Note the enemy team did not look incredible, a good half was at best average, most of the others did just ok and you end up with 3 who did well and all 3 are BB -> so food for your belfast.

[-BWR-]
Players
79 posts
3,499 battles

Ok, as promised, here are two battles I played last week to get the advent missions.  I will post them separate so it's easier to see which belongs together.  Problem is that you can do only so much with a cruiser. With such a battles you can pat yourself on the back and know the battle is not lost due to you, but oh boy, this is frustrating. So Bouncer 8409, I feel your pain and you are not alone here.  

I deleted the BB with torps after he killed me. Other 2 kills where on DD. 

shot-18.01.04_07.51.49-0538.jpg

shot-18.01.04_07.50.07-0404.jpg

[-BWR-]
Players
79 posts
3,499 battles

And the other lost battle. I had more xp than the number 1 on the winning team. That basically went on whole week. There is a limit to how much frustration I can get from a game. Especially if you than win a battle where the enemy team melts away and you can only do a little damage because either the enemy team is sunk or the timer reached 1000 points.  RNG gods spit me each and every time in the face. I accept that 50% of the battles the majority of potatoes should end in your team, but for some reason it's more like 75% of the battles. Random and ranked became a lottery, where I'm not successful. 

shot-18.01.05_11.10.25-0154.jpg

shot-18.01.05_11.14.32-0550.jpg

[RNSF]
Players
209 posts
12,834 battles

No one on team even went near a cap. I pushed into B cap and killed YOLOing Emerald then the Konigsberg who tried a torp run on me. Took B cap. Got some shots at enemy CV who had strayed too close and then used smoke and concealment to shoot at enemy until they pushed forward en mass and a BB got a triple citadel hit on me then finished off by multiple hits. My team made NO attempt to cap and mainly stayed near spawn waiting to die.

Games where one side is stomped seem to me to be happening far more frequently lately....