Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

[PSA] Stage 5, Mission 3 of North cape apparently is bugged on ASIA.

48 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,054 posts
3,769 battles

According to Asian players, the stage (75k XP with modifiers) is set to “to be completed in a single battle”, instead of over any number of battles. Not sure if they’ll fix it in time before it hits the EU server tomorrow.  

So beware if you’re planning on dumping some premium camo’s and flags on it, it may all be in vain initially.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,426 posts
6,333 battles

This issue is global - we will fix it with a small update tomorrow at 06:00 CET (05:00 UTC). Please do not take this task until then.

Sorry for the mixup :fish_boom:

• Cool 3

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
10 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

This issue is global - we will fix it with a small update tomorrow at 06:00 CET (05:00 UTC). Please do not take this task until then.

also fix incapacitate 3 main batteries in one battle with bb (task 2 in mission 4). that is harder to achieve than high caliber and dreadnought that gets 2 stars. make it over any amount of battles.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
7 minutes ago, robihr said:

also fix incapacitate 3 main batteries in one battle with bb (task 2 in mission 4). that is harder to achieve than high caliber and dreadnought that gets 2 stars. make it over any amount of battles.

It's perfectly achievable in a fast mid tier BB. Or at least it was for me in a GC... Flank other BBs and slam rounds into the backs and sides of their turrets.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,426 posts
6,333 battles
31 minutes ago, robihr said:

¨That is not an error - and the amount of stars does not reflect necessarily the difficulty, rather splits the missions into "enabling to finish the Campaign" and "enabling to unlock the achievement". So you can safely skip it to get the main reward etc.

[HOO]
2,054 posts
3,769 battles
3 hours ago, Tuccy said:

What will it become? 75k XP over any number of battles, or 7500 XP in a single battle?

[-GG-]
Players
172 posts
11,328 battles

WG Staff is reading this topic so PLEASE - for the future - don't do excessive tasks that require a single ship-class to complete it.

150k BB dmg to BBs was awful to the gameplay. 90k DD damage tommorow will also cause a horde of DDs in the queue and selfish yolo runs just to complete mission.

I know you don't give a .... but just in case, that's my 5 cent.

• Cool 1

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles
4 hours ago, robihr said:

That one was pretty straightforward, I completed it in the GC while I was trying to get a high calibre for the other mission. I'm more daunted by getting 90k torpedo damage, that's going to be tricky for a potato like me.

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,661 posts
5,455 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

What will it become? 75k XP over any number of battles, or 7500 XP in a single battle?

1 hour ago, enras41 said:

75.000 xp in ONE game? Is that supposed to be a joke, or...?

Well 7.5k xp in one battle would be a huge challenge without flags etc, but 75k would need a truly awesome amount of flags for 1 battle...not sure if it is even possible... anyone done the maths?

[HOO]
2,054 posts
3,769 battles
2 minutes ago, philjd said:

Well 7.5k xp in one battle would be a huge challenge without flags etc, but 75k would need a truly awesome amount of flags for 1 battle...not sure if it is even possible... anyone done the maths?

Yeah, the 75k in a single match is... not humanly possible.

75k, with all modifiers and the stars aligned: Type59 camo (+200%), Red Dragon (+100%), Hydra (+50%), ESCL (+50%), Weekend First Win (+100%), Premium Time (+50% on BXP from which everything is calculated) would mean getting 8333.33 BXP. 

That's why I asked. Even 75k XP over any number of matches is a HUGE number for 2 stars, especially since the final task is just 45k XP. There is a mission in the (easier) New Year Raid campaign that is 7500 XP (after modifiers) over any number of battles.

• Cool 1

[OILUP]
Players
6 posts
2,720 battles
3 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Yeah, the 75k in a single match is... not humanly possible.

75k, with all modifiers and the stars aligned: Type59 camo (+200%), Red Dragon (+100%), Hydra (+50%), ESCL (+50%), Weekend First Win (+100%), Premium Time (+50% on BXP from which everything is calculated) would mean getting 8333.33 BXP. 

That's why I asked. Even 75k XP over any number of matches is a HUGE number for 2 stars, especially since the final task is just 45k XP. There is a mission in the (easier) New Year Raid campaign that is 7500 XP (after modifiers) over any number of battles.

So according to stats, there have only been 2 instances ever where someone exceeded 8333.33 BXP.

[ELCH]
Players
61 posts
7,227 battles

"It takes sometimes months to develop and test these campaigns and changing them on the fly is pretty risky in general game development."

- Radar_X, 2018

[CAIN]
Players
2,742 posts
11,013 battles
5 hours ago, robihr said:

So much this!

5 hours ago, Negativvv said:

It's perfectly achievable in a fast mid tier BB. Or at least it was for me in a GC... Flank other BBs and slam rounds into the backs and sides of their turrets.

I've tried for two days with all BBs, no luck. Missions shouldn't be based such things.

5 hours ago, Tuccy said:

¨That is not an error - and the amount of stars does not reflect necessarily the difficulty, rather splits the missions into "enabling to finish the Campaign" and "enabling to unlock the achievement". So you can safely skip it to get the main reward etc.

Some of us would like to complete the campaign "with honors" without spending the enetire day playing and hoping to gte lucky once.

So a small fix would be greatly appreciated.  :Smile_honoring:

[OGHF]
Players
673 posts
11,797 battles
5 hours ago, Tuccy said:

I would say that statement is only half true  @Tuccy , you can only skip it if you own a Duke of York, if not you have to complete all of the other tasks to get enough stars, just saying.

Players
3,027 posts
7,137 battles
2 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

I would say that statement is only half true  @Tuccy , you can only skip it if you own a Duke of York, if not you have to complete all of the other tasks to get enough stars, just saying.

No you don't.

You can repeat the same tasks over and over again :Smile_great:

[OGHF]
Players
673 posts
11,797 battles
Just now, NothingButTheRain said:

No you don't.

You can repeat the same tasks over and over again :Smile_great:

Well that does not make real sense then, but will give it a go, thanks.

Players
3,700 posts
7,338 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

Would be nice if WG gave us an extra day because of the error...

The mission is locked until tomorrow anyway so it's not as if we're losing any time.  Perhaps the Asian's need another day but we should be fine.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,661 posts
3 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Well that does not make real sense then, but will give it a go, thanks.

That's why so many users are confused.

You can collect the stars from a single task over and over and over again. You will only recieve the other rewards (flags, camos, crates, and so on) only once.

Or even simpler

• Unlimited amount of stars by repeating the same task
  • Other rewards not repeatedly recievable
  • Cool 1

Players
3,027 posts
7,137 battles
1 minute ago, Capra76 said:

The mission is locked until tomorrow anyway so it's not as if we're losing any time.  Perhaps the Asian's need another day but we should be fine.

It would've been very nice if we were to gain an extra day though.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,502 posts
15,364 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

Would be nice if WG gave us an extra day because of the error...

But the mission is not active on EU servers till tomorrow and would not be active till after the micro-patch we get tomorrow anyway

Or am i missing something?

Edit: Capra76 beat me to it

Sign in to follow this