Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nooberg

Duke of York Campaing impossible

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[GW_KR]
Players
190 posts
15,099 battles

It seems I will never be able to finish DoY campaign.

 

I collected ALL possible containers. Missing 3 badges and I have 11 duplicates. They exchange 1 badge for 4 duplicates.

3 x 4 = 12 > 11

 

That's never, ever happened on the previous campaigns.

They probably decided regular plebs should not be able to complete the collections without shelling out some money.

Greed is good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[G-S-W]
Beta Tester
141 posts
7,314 battles

Hey, just finish the DoY campaign so you can start the New Year Raid.

 

Or pay money for it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,396 posts
5,436 battles

Did you also collect the ones you get from playing the Duke of York itself? Because those missions give a total of 5 extra containers aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,396 posts
5,436 battles
3 minutes ago, nooberg said:

Mission 5 does not gives any containers.

The ones where you have to play the Duke of York does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
5 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Did you also collect the ones you get from playing the Duke of York itself? Because those missions give a total of 5 extra containers aswell.

This.

The campaign doesn't get deleted just because you finished the last mission. So in case you get the DoY, you'll definitively also get the collection finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,344 battles

My son bought me the DoY for Xmas, finished the New Year Raid Campaign, so already have the 2 x Arctic Perm camos for the Scharnhorst & DoY and all the free T6 ships, now playing the north cape campaign for the containers.

The New Years Raid Campaign is fairly easy to complete, I played the Missouri for the credit and XP missions.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,497 posts
3,883 battles

I'd like to start and complete the collection, but I don't have time for both ranked and playing missions to unlock DoY.

Anyone know where I can buy the containers? They don't appear in the shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles
5 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

I'd like to start and complete the collection, but I don't have time for both ranked and playing missions to unlock DoY.

Anyone know where I can buy the containers? They don't appear in the shop.

You can't buy them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,497 posts
3,883 battles
3 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

You can't buy them.

F*ck.

You serious?

WG, I'm offering you fools MONEY here.:cap_money:

I literally don't have time to be playing more than I already do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles
4 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

F*ck.

You serious?

WG, I'm offering you fools MONEY here.:cap_money:

I literally don't have time to be playing more than I already do!

Well, you could buy an underpowered but overpriced Tier VII ship to unlock the "new year raid" to get all the containers from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I finished the DoY collection already and I haven't paid a penny.

 

Trick with all campaigns is to SAVE THE DUPLICATES UNTIL YOU CAN COMPLETE A COLLECTION 100%

 

That way you maximise what you have.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,497 posts
3,883 battles
3 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Well, you could buy an underpowered but overpriced Tier VII ship to unlock the "new year raid" to get all the containers from there.

If there's one rule I have when it comes to purchases in this game it's 'No Battleships'.

I don't play bbs, so I have no reason to buy them.

For that same reason, I have no intention of 'earning' a DoY, when all it'll do is just sit around in my port, wasting space on my ship selection screen.

 

Spoiler

Dammit, I guess if I want to complete the collection I'll have to bite the bullet, cancel the missions I'm 50% through for Shinonome and play missions for a ship I'm not even interested in; all the while wasting time I could be spending reaching Rank 1 for the first time.

Thanks for the blatant 'retention'-focused implementation, WG. I'm so happy to have to take time off work just to get the things I want in this one game.

Spoiler

(Sarcasm)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles
8 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I finished the DoY collection already and I haven't paid a penny.

 

Trick with all campaigns is to SAVE THE DUPLICATES UNTIL YOU CAN COMPLETE A COLLECTION 100%

 

That way you maximise what you have.

 

So when @nooberg did everything there is without buying Duke of York and is missing one Item/Duplikate then you had much more luck than is good for a person. And yeah, I finished the collection to, back on Christmas Eve but i bought Duke of York. ^.^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
3 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

 

So when @nooberg did everything there is without buying Duke of York and is missing one Item/Duplikate then you had much more luck than is good for a person. And yeah, I finished the collection to, back on Christmas Eve but i bought Duke of York. ^.^

All he has to do is wait for Tues morning or whenever it is the final set of missions unlocks!

 

WG haven't (yet!!) designed Campaigns that must be finished off with real money... Better not give them ideas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,497 posts
3,883 battles

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/the-duke/

Quote

"Battle of the North Cape" collection containers will be awarded for progressing through the campaign and the New Year Raid. They will also be sold in the Premium shop. Please follow our news feed to find out more about container availability in the shop.

Just found this on the news page relating to the campaign.

Seems like my saltiness was premature and I just need to wait for a news announcement...:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles
1 minute ago, Negativvv said:

All he has to do is wait for Tues morning or whenever it is the final set of missions unlocks!

 

WG haven't (yet!!) designed Campaigns that must be finished off with real money... Better not give them ideas!

 

Oh I think they already have these evil notions, they just need to think of a crative way to "sell" them to us.

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
6 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

 

Oh I think they already have these evil notions, they just need to think of a crative way to "sell" them to us.

I imagine they're getting us used to collecting items and suddenly one day they'll raise a pay wall.

 

The OCD amongst us will simply have to pay for containers :cap_money:

 

I've got every collection to 100% so far... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles
Just now, Negativvv said:

I imagine they're getting us used to collecting items and suddenly one day they'll raise a pay wall.

 

The OCD amongst us will simply have to pay for containers :cap_money:

 

I've got every collection to 100% so far... 

 

I myself sofar only completed Bismarck, Dunkirk and North Cape. The Birthday one was way to arbitary and designed for players that have everything and yeah Yamamoto... Isn't the Yamamoto collection behind a wall of money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
Just now, Mandalorianer said:

 

I myself sofar only completed Bismarck, Dunkirk and North Cape. The Birthday one was way to arbitary and designed for players that have everything and yeah Yamamoto... Isn't the Yamamoto collection behind a wall of money?

Na,

 

Yama campaign can be finished if you are patient and play a lot. You get roughly one or two items a day, so it can take months to finish. I only finished mine in November... You can ask for them via the daily containers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles
6 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Na,

 

Yama campaign can be finished if you are patient and play a lot. You get roughly one or two items a day, so it can take months to finish. I only finished mine in November... You can ask for them via the daily containers.

 

By playing with Yamamoto as captain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
607 posts
7,330 battles
20 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Na,

 

Yama campaign can be finished if you are patient and play a lot. You get roughly one or two items a day, so it can take months to finish. I only finished mine in November... You can ask for them via the daily containers.

Finished it at Christmas just repeating missions in the Atago, which is the only T-8 I play regularly.  

 

I will finish this campaign the same way, repeating the easy - or at least doable with my set of ships - tasks. Looks like I will need another 2 containers from playing DoY to complete the set. I will be interested to see if I can complete the nazi junkpile campign as I did that on the US server at the time and have nothing from it on this server. I guess it will be good for my OCD to have an incomplete set.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,497 posts
3,883 battles
11 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

I myself sofar only completed Bismarck, Dunkirk and North Cape. The Birthday one was way to arbitary and designed for players that have everything

I've completed all thus far apart from Yamamoto.

The birthday collection was by far the easiest to complete, even though:

  • I did not have a TX ship at the time.
  • I did not have any French Cruisers.
  • I did not have any Russian Destroyers.

I think there were a couple of other requirements I couldn't meet, but with the generous 1 for 2 duplicate ratio it was easy to get it all.

11 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

By playing with Yamamoto as captain?

Nope.

When you finish the Yamamoto capaign you get Yamamoto and a Yamamoto container, which will contain two collection items to start your collection. I don't have Yamamoto, I started the collection by buying a container - you get the items randomly in your daily containers (the ones you get for 2kXP, 12.5kXP and 37.5kXP) provided you've already started the collection. I started back in October (I think) and now only need 2-3 more items to finish the collection.

They do pop randomly, however, so you may get a day where none of your containers have any Yamamoto items. And they DONT pop if you pick the 'Try Your Luck' container.

Edited by Captain_LOZFFVII
clarification
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles
48 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

I think there were a couple of other requirements I couldn't meet, but with the generous 1 for 2 duplicate ratio it was easy to get it all.

Nope.

When you finish the Yamamoto capaign you get Yamamoto and a Yamamoto container, which will contain two collection items to start your collection. I don't have Yamamoto, I started the collection by buying a container - you get the items randomly in your daily containers (the ones you get for 2kXP, 12.5kXP and 37.5kXP) provided you've already started the collection. I started back in October (I think) and now only need 2-3 more items to finish the collection.

They do pop randomly, however, so you may get a day where none of your containers have any Yamamoto items. And they DONT pop if you pick the 'Try Your Luck' container.

 

Every daily container or only the "screw you" daily container? Anyway, thank you for the Information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×