Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ABED1984

Got chat banned cuz i didn't have smoke!!

29 comments in this topic

[TR]
Players
1,152 posts
33,945 battles

Seriously, Some players are abusing the "Report for bad behavior" to piss players off for no good reason. A player requested a smoke and i told him "I don't have smoke", Then suddenly I got chat banned!!!

Wargaming needs to do something about this non sense!!

• Cool 2

Players
4,370 posts
7,968 battles
35 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

Seriously, Some players are abusing the "Report for bad behavior" to piss players off for no good reason. A player requested a smoke and i told him "I don't have smoke", Then suddenly I got chat banned!!!

Were you the New Orleans yesterday in my team? A Mogami (or something like that), demanded, that the New Orleans smokes him up. Yep, thats right. A New Orleans. :fish_palm:

• Funny 5

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,570 battles
35 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Were you the New Orleans yesterday in my team? A Mogami (or something like that), demanded, that the New Orleans smokes him up. Yep, thats right. A New Orleans. :fish_palm:

The sad thing is, I don't doubt that happened for even a second.

• Cool 2

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles
39 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Hey, I knew Chapayev had smoke, since Yamato asked for it, but didn't know NO got one as well :D
Have to read patch notes more carefully in the future :D

• Funny 1

[TR]
Players
1,152 posts
33,945 battles
45 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Nope, I don't play New Orleans.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles

The second you say anything in chat you can be chatbanned. Just like Exocet said:

1 hour ago, Exocet6951 said:

working at intendedtm

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
12,031 battles
2 hours ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

got chat baned , cuz i dont aa def bb plewb that go at d ;D

but mostly you get chat banned for kill the intire othere team ..... quit whining :P

GG mate 

mang

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts
1 hour ago, Mangrey said:

but mostly you get chat banned for kill the intire othere team ..... quit whining :P

GG mate 

mang

gg mate :) see ya in game or disc :)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,086 posts
16,496 battles

Fun fact: considering the stuff I regularly write in chat when raging about potatoes etc. I always expect to get chatbanned... never happened though... and if it would, I wouldn't bother, as the chat in game usually is about as usefull as a third leg.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,570 battles
23 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Fun fact: considering the stuff I regularly write in chat when raging about potatoes etc. I always expect to get chatbanned... never happened though... and if it would, I wouldn't bother, as the chat in game usually is about as usefull as a third leg.

Not quite enough, but you're learning.

Maybe our Master @havaduck might take you in as apprentice, for he has elevated raging to such an artform that his karma increases each time he unloads onto chat.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
4,086 posts
16,496 battles
3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Not quite enough, but you're learning.

Maybe our Master @havaduck might take you in as apprentice, for he has elevated raging to such an artform that his karma increases each time he unloads onto chat.

Don't think that would help. Having  to do my raging in english is one of the problems. My english isn't that bad, but I could much more comfortable rage in german... the flow would be much more natural

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

Yep, try and use chat for coordinating a game and you get ignored.  Explains why so few people use chat.

It was less than 24 hours of playing this game after a year before I got a chat ban. I now use a mod to disable chat.

Beta Tester
4,086 posts
16,496 battles
5 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

Yep, try and use chat for coordinating a game and you get ignored.

Please don't take this personal, but sometimes the "coordinating" done in chat is done by people who are utterly clueless about map metas and tactics at large.

Prime examples are those tactical mastermind BBs who call for "all go to (insert cap closest to mastermind here)" even when they are the only ship close to that cap and all DDs being positioned perfectly to advance on other caps, which usually even offer a better field of view for support fire.

Fun fact: when a team consists of people knowing the map meta and/or tactics, the chat usually is very silent. 'Cause everybody just does the right thing without having to be told what to do.

So the chat is useless... either you get someone giving BS "orders" which won't help winning the game. Or you get someone giving good "orders", but 90% of the team ignore them anyway. Or it's just the usual "HF&GL" etc. chat going on, with no substance.

In the end, chat can be ignored completely (in random battles...) as the amount of vital information found in it has a value of close to 0

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
17 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Please don't take this personal, but sometimes the "coordinating" done in chat is done by people who are utterly clueless about map metas and tactics at large.

Doesn't mean they should be chat banned.

Beta Tester
4,086 posts
16,496 battles
27 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

Doesn't mean they should be chat banned.

yeah, of course not... would be a waste of reports anyway... :Smile_hiding:

I keep mine for those /afk players

Beta Tester
2,354 posts
6,620 battles

I never got reported for not using smoke, i did however get reported for not tanking in Atago, because if a CA has a heal he should tank BB's right :Smile_sceptic:

[SNUBS]
Players
1,338 posts
7,432 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

might take you in as apprentice, for he has elevated raging to such an artform that his karma increases each time he unloads onto chat

HOW does one obtain this level !  :o 

[EW_YK]
Players
93 posts
13,633 battles

I got reported because i was in a belfast :cap_rambo: and thats happened afew times lol

Also i have been chat banned alot of times:Smile-angry: some i must agree with,but most was not..

Like calling people noobs or usless for doing everything to lose the game lol (them not me)

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,852 posts
10,643 battles
15 hours ago, Aotearas said:

True. Recently I got to 70 karma that way. Lost 2 recently because I got teamkilled by a Colorado. Lost another -2 for no reason whatsoever (what did you write in chat? -> Nothing at all even!) so must be obviously h4x. And had a +/- from using some other h4xes (like Fiji) and punishing noobs which balanced out by bitching at idiots in chat and sharing the salt. But yeah, in the long run my karma actually increases that way.

Likewise, I havent been chatbanned .......... yet. :Smile_trollface:

14 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Don't think that would help. Having  to do my raging in english is one of the problems. My english isn't that bad, but I could much more comfortable rage in german... the flow would be much more natural

The broken english full of typos is part of the "performance". :Smile_trollface: You cant blind them with your righteous wrath

Spoiler

1126783__safe_artist-colon-atryl_artist-

if you use saltgrains without sharp edges. 

12 hours ago, lameoll said:

HOW does one obtain this level !  :o 

Salt? 1 T10 battle will do to have those depots full to the brim. :Smile_trollface:  Not event talking about ranked ........:Smile_bajan2:

Otherwise ........... I learned from the best:

Spoiler

fu7UheD.jpg

:Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

So, who wants to

Join the Dark Side!

Spoiler

122738__safe_artist-colon-darth+brony_ra

We got Ponies.

Obligatory:

Spoiler

jhTWA7x.jpg

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
16 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Never? Well, there is the first time for everything. So if you continue you will end up in ban, sooner or later.

Chat in battles indeed is useless but, if you get banned it affect your clan chat in port also and that is not good side effect.

What would be nice is if we can see who reported as and for what reason. You know what they say (''payback is a b***)

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,843 posts
9,992 battles
15 hours ago, Aotearas said:

3PQCWya.gif