Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

Have they nerfed the Missouri?!

135 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,099 posts
8,542 battles

With the risk of coming across as a tinfoil hat person, i was watching Flambass´s twitch the other day where he pretty much said hes given up on the Missouri for the new Mushahi(?). Because he consider the guns not to be working or atleast being trolly a.f. 

And this is pretty much my experience in her to. I got her over a year ago and then she was great, blapping cruisers left and right and citadelling T9-10 BB all day. But the last couple of month ive been really un-inpressed by her performance. My salvos at BBs are pretty much the same as the Sharnhorst, so i pretty much have started to aim for the superstrukture even when a BB show perfect broadside to me. And about 9 times out of 10 a cruiser that gives me perfect broadside with give me a pretty meeh 1-2000 HP salvo?!?! Usually the dispertion looks good and the aim perfect but you still only get like 1-2000? Just the other day i had a full broadsiding Martell at 6k range and i put a full salvo into the citadel and 3000HP?! Sure spaced armour, but WTF!! Not when a BB at 6k shoots right into youre flat cit?

So i just started to wonder. could it be that WG actually has done some ninja nerf to the Missouri? Or is it totally out of the question? Is that something anyone could see by doing some data -mining? I just get the feeling something is up with that ship and if you consider it was pretty much a mistake by WG to sell a OP ship as she was with the possibility to print credits and XP like she does, why would anyone EVER go for another free XP ship? So it makes sense that they would nerf her stats a bit so players would consider spending money to get Nelson and Mushahi(?) and all the other future XP ships, right?

Anyone else have the same experience? 

Dont get me wrong, a game last week i made 1.8 million credits in a loss in her so she is still pretty great for credits and XP, i just dont get the "high tier BB guns feeling" from her big battleship guns. And if Flambass has trouble as well to get something out of her i dont think this is a "git good" moment really. Her strongest armament are the AA pretty much!

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,233 battles

Yep, so much this. I wanted to start a topic myself, but i was afraid of getting tinfoilhat-tagged myself, so why bother. Most of those ppl probably dont have the MIssouri and still say u are wrong and everything is fine, and its your fault... so no need to make that topic.

Well now that u did: I support your claim. Its awful lately. Sometimes i get good salvos, but usually its worse than compared to a Bismarck.

Just a game right now Saint-Louis 12 km full broadside i hit 2 shells (the dispersion was all over the place) and did 2700 damage. Basicly i get overpens all the time lately. Everything full broadside is overpens. Or yesterday Montana is like noobing around hitting an island 4 km ahead of me full broadside, i was angled so only front turrets:

First Salvo 1 Pen 1 overpen 5k damage like LOL?

Second salvo even worse 1 Pen 1 overpen 1k damage... i wasnt even aiming at the waterline, still splashed in the water.

Another match yesterday Ibuki turns out full broadside 4 overpens where his citadelle should be... not fun at all, if u need an entire match to deal ~100k damage.

[L4GG]
Players
1,657 posts
6,503 battles
16 minutes ago, collin_mats said:

With the risk of coming across as a tinfoil hat person, i was watching Flambass´s twitch the other day where he pretty much said hes given up on the Missouri for the new Mushahi(?). Because he consider the guns not to be working or atleast being trolly a.f. 

8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I wanted to start a topic myself, but i was afraid of getting tinfoilhat-tagged myself

I saw that video too. Perhaps WG went to mess around in the backdoors of RNG or something. To give some kind of lead to Mushashi. I don't know.

But similar thing happen in the past, initially when they released DeGrasse they nerf LaGal ROF but then they turned back on that

and other thing.

Nah, the tinfoil hat it's for me because I'm actually considering getting Missouri for myself, me, a t6 camper.

But I regret to not  buying Kutuzov, so... 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
592 posts
14,583 battles

Can't find a problem with the Mo, always great.  Yep, probably Musashi has stronger guns but this ship has always been the same for me.  

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

People thinking the Missouri has been nerfed because of awful salvos and the guns are troll-ish? Are you people new to Battleships?

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,909 posts
7,759 battles

I would nerf the Missouri. I would slap her radar to max 7km.

The radar on Missouri was introduced as a defensive measure ... currently the radar is being used as offensive measure. Logic? None.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,099 posts
8,542 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Mo works fine as always.

image.png.fa33c111dcaa9f297ac1c4eb38d14752.png

Im not saying it doesnt deal damage over time, according to the statspage https://wows-numbers.com/ship/3761190896,Missouri/  i have 54% WR and average damage of 69 803. But i just get a bad feeling about the guns. I cant hardly remember the last time i Blapped a CA and the last time i citadelled another broadsiding BB (and yes i know how to citadel, for safety i pretty much tried to aim at every point on the hull by now.....). 

I just felt that IF WG would do some shady thing to nerf the Missouri (because of the credit and XP possibilitys she has) now would be a good time, to hype the upcoming T9 Yamato! Because even I who never had an interest in the Mushahi(?) are starting to think about grinding that insane amount to buy her.

But maybe im just being paranoid? So no one else get this feeling about the guns accept for me, Flambass and another Forumite? 

Beta Tester
1,099 posts
8,542 battles
12 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

People thinking the Missouri has been nerfed because of awful salvos and the guns are troll-ish? Are you people new to Battleships?

Not talking about dispertion, ALL BBs has BB dispertion,  im talking about those times when you get that awsome grouping of shells right into the broadside hull of a T7-9 CA or BB and still ..... Meeeh! 2000k damage!

[SCRUB]
Players
2,909 posts
7,759 battles

There are TONS of mechanics of this game shrouded in mystery.

I get sometimes such salvos that i laugh out loud. Like you said ... full broadside salvo hit for 1.3k. But that happens on all the ships not just Mo.

• Cool 2

Players
54 posts
13,755 battles

i'm fun of the us ships ingame and especially bbs(check my stats on them).their average disperssion is better than the other ships  making them do easier deva strikes.But some times it spikes so much that  the formula behind disp and sigma doesnt make any sence. i am not sure how they twitched it(the biggest changed i noticed was in the same patch  back then when they lowered citas on iowa and montana)So what u describe it happens very rarely and the most times it happens is cause of rng(shell ricochet inside and went up which cant see vissually),or server side  aim hasn't aligned yet(you did it to fast for your ms) or you aimed too low from too close.Also  in contrary with other nations bbs what makes them cita so much is their average pen power so in very close i would recommend if the target is not vertical  to aim for the most angled part.

Beta Tester
56 posts
11,362 battles

I feel the same

have problem with CA's sometimes broadside under 10 km and ridiculous damage

but it's hard to say there many stelth mechanics

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles
1 hour ago, collin_mats said:

Not talking about dispertion, ALL BBs has BB dispertion,  im talking about those times when you get that awsome grouping of shells right into the broadside hull of a T7-9 CA or BB and still ..... Meeeh! 2000k damage!

This, again, is nothing new for BBs and nothing unique to the Missouri. It's incredibly frustrating I know, but it's an irremovable part of a package deal when it comes to BBs. You can't take the 20k volleys without the 2k ones.

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,454 battles

I wish.

She deserves to be nerfed as a punishment for everyone that plays that abomination of a ship with its radar. But this is World of Warships, for every tiny nerf BBs suffer they get two entire gameplay mechanics removed to compensate.

• Bad 1

Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles
3 hours ago, collin_mats said:

Like these lovely 0 damage penetrations on anything with your first slavo? Hey Wargameing, what the f**k do I pen? The Flagg? Hans standing on deck, laughing at me because I'm a Battleship main?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
4 hours ago, rvfharrier said:

It's this...

Even the best BBs will derp for no apparent reason.

• Cool 1

Players
1,372 posts
5,380 battles

I originally posted this in August '17 -

"I absolutely CAN NOT make the Missouri work for me! Everyone keeps saying it has great guns, well my Tirpitz has better accuracy at under 12km so the RNG gods must hate me and the Missouri combo (look at my recent PvP WTR!) because even with the 11% dispersion Module and at less than 12km I still can't get shells to hit where I aim. At 8km I had a broadside Missouri to shoot at and the rear turret fired two shells infront (miss) and one shell behind (miss) and thats the bull:etc_swear: I deal with EVERY SINGLE GAME yet my "shotgun dispersion" Tirpitz one-shots a Nelson for 50k+ health with 4 citadels at 12km and always does great damage every game! "

It's always been very hit and miss (pun intended) with some games having almost cruiser like RNG but the vast majority of the others were more like the example above with a single turret missing both bow and stern of a broadside ship!!! I rarely play it now and never in Random, it's just way too RNG for me when all I want is some consistency.

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I can't confirm that OP. The guns are not Moro or less trollish for me now as they were in the past. The satisfying 1080 shots or better: the pen with no dmg salvo's occur with any BB I play for that matter.

my mystery with Mo is how the heck do all those players get that 1-2 M credit games all the times? Not complaining but it's 3-400 k for me in a decent match. 8 in an epic. Are you using the relevant cammo's/ signals to yield that result? Cause I'm not. Can't imagine it could make that much of a difference.

[CSVL]
Beta Tester
16 posts
4,647 battles

Iam not a BB main.

Just bought the Mo and i find it awesome, some time a bit trollis but still 100k awerage with 36% hit. 

See no problem there. 

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,091 posts
8,476 battles
51 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I can't confirm that OP. The guns are not Moro or less trollish for me now as they were in the past. The satisfying 1080 shots or better: the pen with no dmg salvo's occur with any BB I play for that matter.

my mystery with Mo is how the heck do all those players get that 1-2 M credit games all the times? Not complaining but it's 3-400 k for me in a decent match. 8 in an epic. Are you using the relevant cammo's/ signals to yield that result? Cause I'm not. Can't imagine it could make that much of a difference.

Premium account +50%

Credit flag +20%

Gamescom camo +50%

Wyvern flag +50%

Do your math, it does make that difference, with this combo i often make credits with my Atago between 700k and 1,1M.

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
54 minutes ago, kfa said:

Premium account +50%

Credit flag +20%

Gamescom camo +50%

Wyvern flag +50%

Do your math, it does make that difference, with this combo i often make credits with my Atago between 700k and 1,1M.

Thanks, maths isn't my strongest point. So taking the cammo's/ flags does make a big difference. I thought I was doing something very wrong besides that.

[FO3]
WoWs Wiki Team
286 posts
4,878 battles

As a cruiser player i get citadel whenever Missouri hit my broadside. In fact when T9-10 BB shooting at me the damage is never less than 5k thanks to the incredible grouping when 2 or 3 shells per salvo are able to hit narrow hull when sailing away.

As we can see, experiences are so different :)

[IDDQD]
Players
120 posts
7,977 battles

When I got mine, I thought it will be similar to NC.

Lolnope.

Mizzou continues to fight me on every step.

Players
1,372 posts
5,380 battles
6 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Thanks, maths isn't my strongest point. So taking the cammo's/ flags does make a big difference. I thought I was doing something very wrong besides that.

Taking your 400k "average" game as an example, you'd have got 1,080,000 credits with these -

Premium account +50% = +200k

Credit flag +20% = +80k

Gamescom camo +50% = +200k

Wyvern flag +50% = +200k

So 400k + 200k + 80k + 200k + 200k = 1080k (or 1.08m) credits.

And your "Epic" 800k game would get 2.16 Million credits!

It's all about the signals/camos with the Missouri.

I've used the same 4 items before in a co-op match and ended up with over 600k credits in profit (after battle costs etc)!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this