You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
V_RASK

Bots and afks

27 comments in this topic

[KRAKN]
Players
109 posts
12,195 battles

Edited.

Edited by Asklepi0s
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming and Shaming
  • Cool 1

[TS1]
Players
582 posts
7,618 battles

How frequent do you mean? Every match? Every other match? Every fifth match? I find it kinda rare that players stay still for more than maybe 2 minutes or so because sometimes the game loads very slowly. Because Wargaming.

• Cool 1

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
181 posts
5,896 battles

Had a few of these myself lately, it is very irritating even so far as to throw games.

I wish there were options in game where we as a community could kick them:

• "your internet connection is powered by a hamster, you are a drain on your team; we have banned your account for 7 days, please come back when you have a decent connection or have fed the hamster - love Wargaming Community".   
  • Did you find your computer equipment jungle in the deepest darkest jungles of Peru?  Did you bump into my mate Paddington?  Anyways, get yourself a new computer, your account has been banned for 7 days - love Wargaming Community".

Was playing earlier with some right window licking, crayon eating Captains; My God!  CV is AFK, enemy has taken both caps (within 3-4 minutes of starting), 2 DDs a Furbuki and a Nicholas sat behind an island nowhere near a cap or anywhere useful.  I typed DD's do something useful, so the Nicholas smoked up, the Furbuki did the same and they just sat there firing HE; why would a DD spot?  :cap_book:

Bots are not generally an issue and I cant say that I have ever really complained about them but my god; window licking mouth breathers in DDs combined with an AFK CV?  Ban them all I say :cap_popcorn:

[KRAKN]
Players
109 posts
12,195 battles
9 hours ago, Runegrem said:

How frequent do you mean? Every match?

Used to be 1 in maybe 15 games but lately it is every 3 games !!! really it is crazy !!!

Why should I spent my 20 mins for some ^$%$(*& to ruin it for everybody ?

[TS1]
Players
582 posts
7,618 battles
2 minutes ago, V_RASK said:

Used to be 1 in maybe 15 games but lately it is every 3 games !!! really it is crazy !!!

hy should I spent my 20 mins for some ^$%$(*& to ruin it for everybody ?

Ah. I haven't actually noticed an increase, so I hope it's just your bad luck and not something real.

And no, you should never lower yourself to the standards of the players you think misbehave. That would make you a hypocrite and part of the problem. So please don't do that.

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

I imagine they try to filter out bots on a regular basis ... I dont see People being afk as a huge problem and there may be many reasons for them being so, its not that big a problem in this game, ive seen much worse in many fps games

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,726 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Ulvesnutepostei sagte:

I dont see People being afk as a huge problem and there may be many reasons for them being so, its not that big a problem in this game

You haven't played Ranked yet? With only 7 players in team, one AFK is a HUGE disadvantage.

• Cool 1

Players
2,159 posts
1 minute ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

You haven't played Ranked yet? With only 7 players in team, one AFK is a HUGE disadvantage.

Indeed and I've seen several AFK pink players as well which is plain cynical.

Beta Tester
941 posts
9,287 battles

Saw some odd behaviour in a game recently. A Konig that had been sitting at the enemy spawn point the entire game. I approached unseen in my Kamikaze. As soon as I fired torpedoes it fired up and moved. I was unseen, the torpedoes had barely left the tubes. Saw another one, a destroyer, AFK all game. I opened fire on it, thinking an easy kill. As soon as the first shot hit, it started up and tried to fight.

I've also seen "people" behave like bots. A destroyer (Nichols) raced for the cap, saw our team, engaged the closest ship, a cruiser, no change in course, no smoke, no attempt at torpedoes, just straight up annihilated in seconds. Lots of people remarked in chat if the player was a bot? There was no reply.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles

Funny thing about that 0 XP... did you see them being AFK till the game ended? In the last day or two I've killed a Kagero and a Neptune - both moving - but they received 0 XP at the end like AFKs while not actually being such... Can drop you replay for the Kagero one, that has screenshots aswell, Neptune I didn't bother screenshoting.

[L4GG]
Players
1,656 posts
6,503 battles
14 hours ago, Akula971 said:

Saw some odd behaviour in a game recently. A Konig that had been sitting at the enemy spawn point the entire game. I approached unseen in my Kamikaze. As soon as I fired torpedoes it fired up and moved. I was unseen, the torpedoes had barely left the tubes. Saw another one, a destroyer, AFK all game. I opened fire on it, thinking an easy kill. As soon as the first shot hit, it started up and tried to fight.

Sometimes when I'm AFK, looking to the MM chart and seeing only the empty ball on my ship while the rest are already in battle for sometime.

I've notice that when someone rams your ship hard or fire upon your ship, that very occasionally  can be enough to make the AFK person jump to battle.

Happen to me a couple of times.

Once I even jumped into my furutaka while a red dd was having a field day with my ship. I only had time to put full speed ahead, put the fire out and aiming in that direction with whatever guns I had, got lucky and detonated the bastard.

But by that time, half of my ship was gone.

But most common is jumping into your sunken ship.

TLDR- ram it hard or shoot a few rounds against a AFK player, because it may work.

[KRAKN]
Players
109 posts
12,195 battles

Guys, the most recent streak of afk's could be just bad luck but,

In 8.000 battles played so far I have seen many many players afk for full 20 minutes unless killed by the enemy standing still and looking exactly like an afk does.

At least 200 battles out of 8.000 but this is a rough estimate.

I can understand that the phone or door bell rings for most people but if someone is 20 mins afk in many matches can we please get them warned or somehow penalised ?

Please respect the "healthy" (debatable) player base time !

Sorry for the rant

Players
2,159 posts
19 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Sometimes when I'm AFK, looking to the MM chart and seeing only the empty ball on my ship while the rest are already in battle for sometime.

I've notice that when someone rams your ship hard or fire upon your ship, that very occasionally  can be enough to make the AFK person jump to battle.

Happen to me a couple of times.

Once I even jumped into my furutaka while a red dd was having a field day with my ship. I only had time to put full speed ahead, put the fire out and aiming in that direction with whatever guns I had, got lucky and detonated the bastard.

But by that time, half of my ship was gone.

But most common is jumping into your sunken ship.

TLDR- ram it hard or shoot a few rounds against a AFK player, because it may work.

Why in hells name would you go AFK? If you need to be AFK don't queue up and if you're more interested in the TV or a web page again, don't queue.

It's not only rude to the other 11 people on your team, it's downright bad play.

True there have been a lot of crashes for the last few months, there's not a whole lot you can do about it, but outright AFK is never acceptable, shame there's no penalty which can be imposed.

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,656 posts
6,503 battles
4 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

True there have been a lot of crashes for the last few months

It's more like that.

In operation Narai, in the end it always go out, I never saw a goddam aftermath chart 

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,342 battles
19 hours ago, Runegrem said:

because sometimes the game loads very slowly. Because Wargaming.

being 30 seconds late in the game might be due to Wargaming...

Any longer time = get a better internet connection. Or a better PC. Or both.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
1 hour ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Well, the game can also crash on loading or worse - freeze so that it shows like it's loading but really kinda isn't. The latter is especially bad because the only way to get into the game is to kill the process and re-join, but you only realize when you're already pretty late (and while on good computer strangely long loading is easily noticeable pretty fast, if you're playing on one that tends to loat at last second or even with a slight delay... things get less comfortable).

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
941 posts
9,287 battles

The two events I was referring to were end game.

The recent patch seems to have introduced so many new bugs.

1. If I leave a game (sunk), it returns me to port, but no interface.

2. I'll queue up for a game, the game will start, and the server connection is lost. Log back in. (These take no more than 1-2 minutes)

I just can't understand how their software takes so long, to "match" people in a queue, and then another 30 seconds to start the game, and people are still AFK?   What are they running? Pentium 2, potato computer with 28K dial up?  Jebus I used to play Team Fortress ~~(the original, not the cartoon shite) on 48K dial up, and load games faster.

Yes I'm old, very old.

pft young whipper snappers, don't know there are born.

Players
607 posts
7,321 battles
9 minutes ago, Akula971 said:

The two events I was referring to were end game.

The recent patch seems to have introduced so many new bugs.

1. If I leave a game (sunk), it returns me to port, but no interface.

2. I'll queue up for a game, the game will start, and the server connection is lost. Log back in. (These take no more than 1-2 minutes)

I just can't understand how their software takes so long, to "match" people in a queue, and then another 30 seconds to start the game, and people are still AFK?   What are they running? Pentium 2, potato computer with 28K dial up?  Jebus I used to play Team Fortress ~~(the original, not the cartoon shite) on 48K dial up, and load games faster.

Yes I'm old, very old.

pft young whipper snappers, don't know there are born.

It has nothing to do with the rig, mine far exceeds the specs of the game. I am however in Australia. I run a ping of 179 and a framerate of 78 as standard on the EU server.

After one patch I loaded up to 2 minutes late. 

Another patch I was loading 30 secons early. 

Another patch I DC 5 times a game.

Currently I DC once or twice at the start of every game, but still load in before the timer runs down.

There may be people trying to run the game on potatoes, but it is also to a great degree their software at fault. 

Note: some of this happened on the NA server where I had a ping of about 87. I have about 6,000 games across both servers.

[TS1]
Players
582 posts
7,618 battles
4 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Even if you exclude crashes due to faulty programming from that statement it's still wrong in many cases. There have been many threads about the game's inconsistent loading speeds even for players with good PCs and connections.

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles
11 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Doesn't have to be like that. I have a top of the line Internet connection with 240mbps. And a top of the line 1 year old 2500 euro pc. And sometimes the game just won't load. You can see people moving on the map of the loading screen. But you are still "loading". 

Sometimes I close the game and login again, that fixes it faster than waiting. But then I am late to contest early flags and we're on the back foot from the start. 

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,509 posts
14,976 battles

Yeah, also the reverse holds true. I have a 5 year old crap PC, but I am generally on the map 20 seconds before any of my division "playmates" (no, sadly not the attractive kind) who actually have gaming computers.:cap_hmm:

[-BWR-]
Players
79 posts
3,499 battles

That much AFK players is one of the reasons why I now play most of the time Coop. I just don’t believe that all the AFK players just had an emergency. It’s that simple: Don’t queue up for a battle if you are not sure you can’t play uninterrupted.  Don’t give me the BS your house is set on fire or a package delivered. Because I hardly see people going AFK during a battle which means all the fires and packages delivered happens right after the moment someone hit the Start Battle button and not 5 minutes into the game. The moment you know the battle is already lost if you see your CV don’t launching it planes, grrr.

I have only been once AFK. Late in the night, like 4:00 I was still playing, rather drunk. I started a new battle with my Cleaver, and due to low activity it took quite some time to have enough players. When the battle finally started I was already asleep over my keyboard, hehe.

So I can understand that there is an emergency that occurs right after you started a battle, but with this amount of players being AFK from start till end it’s just a matter of people leeching. It would not be hard to write a script to separate the accidental AFK from the AFK on purpose and ban the latter.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
589 posts
14,553 battles

What I've also noticed is that sometimes there are inactive ships at the spawn area and yet if someone bumps into them they start moving (and I don't mean in the 1st minute of the  match).

Many times I've also seen ships sailing around with their guns pointing upwards and never facing the enemy while cruising behind islands or at the edge of the map.  Yet they change course occasionally, and this happens even in tier x....  Battles could have been won if it weren't for such "players".

Players
151 posts
9,183 battles

During the previous patch, I was afk for at least one game a day. And that would be for the entire duration of that battle. In that time it wouldn't matter how many times i'd re-start the game or my pc. There's only been one DC for me since the latest patch. That only required the game to be re-booted.

It may be out of the players hands as to why they're afk. Rather than press [battle] then bugger off and make a cup of tea