Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Drone81

Tier X Carrier gameplay, threats and insults

300 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[TMCF]
Beta Tester
49 posts

So yeah,

 

you try to have a nice evening playing some games in your Midway yet the same crap always happens in 9 out of 10 games

 

some random *sshole(s) start flaming (some times even a whole (clan) division) , insulting and at times even threaten me for not playing how they think i should play, not providing personal air cover, etc, etc, etc . . .

when you look at these kid's stats, most of the time they hardly play any carriers at all,  so how do they even think they can order me arround let alone have any idea how to play at tier X with a carrier, Youtube video's?

these kid's even go that far to abuse the report system resulting in regular 24H chat bans.

when you report this kind of behavior to support via the ticketing system, the only thing you get back is "ye olde standard answer" and that them reporting me probably is warranted . . .

i mean srsly?

would be nice if any one from wargaming would respond to this . . .

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Keep calm and ignore?

 

No, seriously. They don't have control over your CV, you have. They can ask you for help but that's all. The thing with the chat bans is not nice but all they can do with this is annoy you. So you can either give them a chance to do so or not.

 

That said, the WR and plane kills on your Midway are a bit low, although damage on ships seem to be ok. So maybe behind their insults there is some truth and you can improve your playstyle to reduce the amount of abuse (if in fact it happens in 9 out of 10 games).

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TMCF]
Beta Tester
49 posts
2 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Keep calm and ignore?

 

No, seriously. They don't have control over your CV, you have. They can ask you for help but that's all. The thing with the chat bans is not nice but all they can do with this is annoy you. So you can either give them a chance to do so or not.

 

That said, the WR and plane kills on your Midway are a bit low, although damage on ships seem to be ok. So maybe behind their insults there is some truth and you can improve your playstyle to reduce the amount of abuse (if in fact it happens in 9 out of 10 games).


winrate does not reflect personal gameplay or style, it's a team outcome

and yeah, Midway had a crap loadout before the latest patch, so it was bomber layout or fighter layout . . .

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
4,363 posts
6,236 battles

CVs are the most influential Class.

Your WR in CVs is much lower than in the other classes. So that means, u must be doing something wrong. Maybe they are right? And its not about playing personal AA for them. Maybe they are crying for u to spot a DD?

 

The problem is, many bad CV players just play like selfish bastards.

They fly at the border of the map to snipe the enemy CV.

They only guard their own strike planes with their fighters.

They attack a blob of enemy ships / strike an AA Cruiser.

They try to drop a DD but fail miserably, and instead of spotting that DD for their teammates, they retreat with their planes to try to kill the DD by themselves later.

 

Not saying this is what u are doing, but this is the stuff which makes a lot of players raging against CVs.

  • Cool 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIRAI]
Players
756 posts
4,998 battles

It's not only in T10 mate. You are getting always insulted as a carrier in any tier and matchup so it's very common. Carrier is a hard class to master and it's more trickier as people think. Just ignore this idiots and play some T7 CV rounds to calm down.

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
Just now, Drone81 said:


winrate does not reflect personal gameplay or style, it's a team outcome

and yeah, Midway had a crap loadout before the latest patch, so it was bomber layout or fighter layout . . .

I beg to differ. Especially high tier CVs have a huuuge influence on the outcome of a battle. Have you ever seen what a Midway or Hakuryu can do if the enemy CV is afk or outright bad?

 

At some point someone did an estimation how WR is influenced by a single player. It went something like this:

If you are 100% afk in your matches your WR will be around 40%.

Depending on your skill a player can reach about 60% WR and then it gets incredibly harder because of the rest of the team.

  • Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TMCF]
Beta Tester
49 posts
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

CVs are the most influential Class.

Your WR in CVs is much lower than in the other classes. So that means, u must be doing something wrong. Maybe they are right? And its not about playing personal AA for them. Maybe they are crying for u to spot a DD?

 

The problem is, many bad CV players just play like selfish bastards.

They fly at the border of the map to snipe the enemy CV.

They only guard their own strike planes with their fighters.

They attack a blob of enemy ships / strike an AA Cruiser.

They try to drop a DD but fail miserably, and instead of spotting that DD for their teammates, they retreat with their planes to try to kill the DD by themselves later.

 

Not saying this is what u are doing, but this is the stuff which makes a lot of players raging against CVs.


we all know the problem US carriers had before the latest patch, i never claim to be the best CV player out there, i play for fun, not to get the best stats.

thats something a lot of younger players seem to forget

i me be not einstein, but i am not that stupid to throw my planes away by attacking a group of ships or even a single AA cruiser ;)

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,110 posts
7,848 battles
Just now, Tungstonid said:

Have you ever seen what a Midway or Hakuryu can do if the enemy CV is afk or outright bad?

 

Yes he has. From the receiving end, when he's in his Midway. Didnt seem to make much of an impression...

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TMCF]
Beta Tester
49 posts
Just now, Tyrendian89 said:

Yes he has. From the receiving end, when he's in his Midway. Didnt seem to make much of an impression...



yeah because loosing a match in my Midway because the team forms a lemming fleet, does not cap or even battleships keeping their broadside to the enemy is my fault how now? :cap_wander:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 minute ago, Drone81 said:


we all know the problem US carriers had before the latest patch, i never claim to be the best CV player out there, i play for fun, not to get the best stats.

thats something a lot of younger players seem to forget

i me be not einstein, but i am not that stupid to throw my planes away by attacking a group of ships or even a single AA cruiser ;)

 

You know, the funny thing is... most if not all of us do. Yet people are able to reach much higher WRs with their Midways. I don't sit here in my chair all day and study WoWS wikis, streams, videos and websites to be the very best like no one ever was. I play for fun, in my spare time, sometimes with and sometimes without friends. And I still do better in my CVs than you and don't get insulted half as much as you claim.

It is not about being younger or not. It is about how much effort you put into the game, what your skill level is and whether you are able to correctly reflect about it or not.

 

4 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Yes he has. From the receiving end, when he's in his Midway. Didnt seem to make much of an impression...

I left out that part on purpose. :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,931 posts
11,179 battles
19 minutes ago, Drone81 said:


winrate does not reflect personal gameplay or style, it's a team outcome

and yeah, Midway had a crap loadout before the latest patch, so it was bomber layout or fighter layout . . .

It does, after this number of games..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,204 posts
14,454 battles
On 1/6/2018 at 10:09 PM, Drone81 said:

winrate does not reflect personal gameplay or style

 

Yes it does. If the sample of games played is large enough RNG has a minuscule amount of influence on your WR. And your sample is certainly large enough.

 

Even when you argue that this is still technically speaking possible, you cannot make such claims especially when every other stat isn't great either. You don't do a huge amount of damage nor do you shoot down a large amount of planes. You can't even say you go after low HP targets only either as you on average get less than one frag in a match. No matter how you turn it, you're bad at playing CVs and the anger of your teammates is probably justified in this case.

 

So put your effort into getting better instead of coming here to whine.

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TMCF]
Beta Tester
49 posts
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It does, after this number of games..


just had a game in my midway;


3 cruisers dead in the first 3 min, first BB death in 4,5min

4 caps, 2 BB went to D cap, could not support the rest of the team for several minutes (mountains in the way)

game over in less then 10min

so how was this my fault as a carrier player then?


this is the type of games i seem to end up in most of the time . . .

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,204 posts
14,454 battles
3 minutes ago, Drone81 said:

just had a game in my midway;

 

Yes, these games can happen.

 

It is however extremely unlikely that you've had these happen for 600-700 games out of 1k. As in pick up a grain of sand, throw that into a desert then guess which one you just threw successfully kind of unlikely. Heck, comparatively speaking you'd have a much, MUCH better chance of doing that instead of losing this many games because of RNG.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

Git gud

 

Or play with bots, and maybe people won´t rage at you. 

I certainly do rage at terrible CV players, since they are an 80 percent probability of losing the match.

  • Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles
7 minutes ago, Drone81 said:

this is the type of games i seem to end up in most of the time . . .

 

Yea right. Does your tinfoilhat still fit well? And players like @El2aZeR bribed WG so that they get all the good players in their team eh? Everyday im truly amazed how ignorant humanity can be.... Why dont you admit you are bad? Its a fact. In that sense - stats dont lie.

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TMCF]
Beta Tester
49 posts
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

 

Yea right. Does your tinfoilhat still fit well? And players like @El2aZeR bribed WG so that they get all the good players in their team eh? Everyday im truly amazed how ignorant humanity can be.... Why dont you admit you are bad? Its a fact. In that sense - stats dont lie.

this is the typical type of response i get ingame, stats are not holy and do not show what happend ingame

stats indicate something, they do not prove anything as the game changes all the time and not every match is the same


it's sad to see how only 1 person so far actually responded to the core of the issue; the verbal assault and threats i receive ingame and in PM after the game and all others seem to focus on my personal stats

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

if you just wanna have fun take advice from the man.

11 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Or play with bots, and maybe people won´t rage at you.

 

if you wanna actually play pvp then start learning about CV. there are some great tutorial videos how to become better.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, Players
5,287 posts
2 minutes ago, robihr said:

if you just wanna have fun take advice from the man.

 

if you wanna actually play pvp then start learning about CV. there are some great tutorial videos how to become better.

i doubt it helps players like him

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,197 battles

If we want to see a funny side, :fish_cute_2:OP has the best results (comparetively I mean) in the Ranger and the Lexington.

This is truly outrageous.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
9 minutes ago, Drone81 said:

this is the typical type of response i get ingame, stats are not holy and do not show what happend ingame

stats indicate something, they do not prove anything as the game changes all the time and not every match is the same


it's sad to see how only 1 person so far actually responded to the core of the issue; the verbal assault and threats i receive ingame and in PM after the game and all others seem to focus on my personal stats

stats tell a whole lot what happens ingame and your stats show that you are constantly getting outplayed by enemy CV and thus that makes you a bad player. people are angry cause judging from your stats they have 70% chance of losing just by having you in the team. and people in pvp dont like losing.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles
4 minutes ago, robihr said:

if you wanna actually play pvp then start learning about CV. there are some great tutorial videos how to become better.

 

2 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

i doubt it helps players like him

 

Nah. We are all kids, just verbaly abusing him. We know nothing. @xXx_Blogis_xXx you dont even play CVs man !!111 you know nothin´ about that. And you always get the good players in your team. And stats tell nothing. Well

1 hour ago, Drone81 said:

when you look at these kid's stats

only about other people OFC!!

 

Oh and also @Drone81 is clearly a victim of online-bullying. He would never dare to insult fellow players, right?

1 hour ago, Drone81 said:

some random *sshole(s) start flaming

when you look at these kid's

these kid's even go that far to abuse the report system

 

Also, I love how objectiv he is:

53 minutes ago, Drone81 said:

winrate does not reflect personal gameplay or style, it's a team outcome

so how was this my fault as a carrier player then?

stats are not holy and do not show what happend ingame

yeah because loosing a match in my Midway because the team forms a lemming fleet, does not cap or even battleships keeping their broadside to the enemy is my fault how now? :cap_wander:

 

Always the fault of the others. Because you are not part of that Team. There are Reds, Greens and there is ME. ME never wrong.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

And you think you have the right to talk about other ppls stats?

 

You´re in the top 10 % of CV-Players - at the bottom!

 

He s right. You have 32% winrate in a tier 10 carrier after almost 500 games... you re dragging your teams down. I would not want you in my team, too.

 

Carriers are not for you. Play carriers only in co-op or try other class which has less influence on the game.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×