You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tekacko

A BB with radar was a great idea, right guys?

24 comments in this topic

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.38672a2b285f0c79a22bf1e9629b4295.png

Right?

If you are one of those that hope the ship will return sometime -Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
4,335 posts
6,214 battles

Most Missouris are like standard BBaby player lately. Camp at 20km who cares about that?

The dangerous Missouris are already in the game and have been playing for a while...

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
846 posts
6,731 battles

The single missouri (apart from my divmate) who I've seen push, and who might have become an issue for our DDs, was obliterated in the most focussed fire. All the rest (and there have been a few) reverse taking potshots from 18km+.

[MIRAI]
Players
756 posts
4,998 battles

I would censore the names. Otherwise it could come to inconvenience. Play smart in a DD and everything is fine.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
8 minutes ago, Elypse201 said:

I would censore the names. Otherwise it could come to inconvenience. Play smart in a DD and everything is fine.

nah he isnt naming and shaming..

on topic.. whenever i try to push in missouri i get focused really fast, so radar is rarely used...

[NWP]
Players
4,335 posts
6,214 battles
12 minutes ago, robihr said:

on topic.. whenever i try to push in missouri i get focused really fast, so radar is rarely used...

Even while true, trading a DD for half of your HP from a BB is still worth it imo. Sadly, noone seems to shoot DDs anymore, so its only worthwhile when in a Division with a Cruiser or DD, who can shoot the DD when radared...

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
30 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Most Missouris are like standard BBaby player lately. Camp at 20km who cares about that?

The dangerous Missouris are already in the game and have been playing for a while...

This is the one true statement, thread can be closed now :cap_cool:

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles
15 minutes ago, Elypse201 said:

Play smart in a DD and everything is fine.

As a DD main I struggle with playing against teams with, say, four radar ships. In my worst game in Fletcher ever I was permaspotted by either one of the radar ships (two of them Misery's) or by planes. I could've gone, hoping there were no ships luring around the corner, because the island was the only thing that kept me alive thanks to the glorious BB AP damage. We won, but I was on the bottom of the team and I'm still wondering what I should've done differently. Waiting for the radar to cool down? No, the next one had his radar ready. Sailing away? Maybe, but that would mean they would see I would leave, and it would take a while to get out of the radar range.

I think radar should be a cruiser-only consumable. I don't understand why a class of ships should get a consumable that hardcounters the main means of survival of its supposed counter.

^^Noone seems to shoot DDs? It happens plenty of times as soon as I'm spotted, I get focused. Somehow my own team is usually not interested in caps, so I don't need to expect support.

[MIRAI]
Players
756 posts
4,998 battles
22 minutes ago, robihr said:

nah he isnt naming and shaming..

okay nevermind

2 minutes ago, Robber_Baron said:

s a DD main I struggle with playing against teams with, say, four radar ships. In my worst game in Fletcher ever I was permaspotted by either one of the radar ships (two of them Misery's) or by planes. I could've gone, hoping there were no ships luring around the corner, because the island was the only thing that kept me alive thanks to the glorious BB AP damage. We won, but I was on the bottom of the team and I'm still wondering what I should've done differently. Waiting for the radar to cool down? No, the next one had his radar ready. Sailing away? Maybe, but that would mean they would see I would leave, and it would take a while to get out of the radar range.

I think radar should be a cruiser-only consumable. I don't understand why a class of ships should get a consumable that hardcounters the main means of survival of its supposed counter.

^^Noone seems to shoot DDs? It happens plenty of times as soon as I'm spotted, I get focused. Somehow my own team is usually not interested in caps, so I don't need to expect support.

Had this example in my Yuugumo today. 2 Moskwas 1 DM and a carrier (ofc our was afk) i couldn't even get close to the caps. I think the key is to stay alive and play very passive. And yeah typical nobody at the team shoot the enemy DD, but at the same time i saw plenty of guns focusing me. Wasn't really fun

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles
13 minutes ago, Robber_Baron said:

As a DD main I struggle with playing against teams with, say, four radar ships. In my worst game in Fletcher ever I was permaspotted by either one of the radar ships (two of them Misery's) or by planes. I could've gone, hoping there were no ships luring around the corner, because the island was the only thing that kept me alive thanks to the glorious BB AP damage. We won, but I was on the bottom of the team and I'm still wondering what I should've done differently. Waiting for the radar to cool down? No, the next one had his radar ready. Sailing away? Maybe, but that would mean they would see I would leave, and it would take a while to get out of the radar range.

Unless you play a Soviet gunboat, high tier DD gameplay is pretty unbearable nowadays. Trashcan, on the other hand, can farm damage for day...

Kinda like playing T8 cruisers right now, makes me want to gouge out my eyeballs every time I have to play one. BB [edited] sniping from 20+ km, while you sit there with your 15km range, being useless, mostly. Apparently T8 cruisers do not need any help, but oh well, WG needs some free XP sinks anyways...

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
4 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Unless you play a Soviet gunboat, high tier DD gameplay is pretty unbearable nowadays. Trashcan, on the other hand, can farm damage for day...

Kinda like playing T8 cruisers right now, makes me want to gouge out my eyeballs every time I have to play one. BB [edited] sniping from 20+ km, while you sit there with your 15km range, being useless, mostly. Apparently T8 cruisers do not need any help, but oh well, WG needs some free XP sinks anyways...

Cruisers maybe but DDs?

Memorise the radar ships and their ranges, there are not that many... DDs have excellent natural concealment, play accordingly.

DDs and Cruisers to a lesser extent take all the risks in most Random Battles granted but DDs are not unplayable. Cruiser just need a bit of discipline with when you press the fire key. 

[NWP]
Players
4,335 posts
6,214 battles
13 minutes ago, Robber_Baron said:

SHould see my games lately when i push into an aggressive position with my Missouri...

DD in Cap 8~km in front of me, i shoot... Ping target.... ping again... nothing happens?... hello its still 15 sec radar... DD going full broadside to several ships... i shoot my 2nd salvo... DD disappears

like wtf?

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles
8 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Cruisers maybe but DDs?

Memorise the radar ships and their ranges, there are not that many... DDs have excellent natural concealment, play accordingly.

DDs and Cruisers to a lesser extent take all the risks in most Random Battles granted but DDs are not unplayable. Cruiser just need a bit of discipline with when you press the fire key. 

One can´t really be trigger happy in a T8 cruiser since EVERYTHING IS OUT OF YOUR GODDAMN RANGE. And for some reason T8 cruisers seem to suffer from this BS MM, where all the BBs in the match are TX and TIX, while the cruisers are TVIII...

[NWP]
Players
4,335 posts
6,214 battles
1 minute ago, Tekacko said:

One can´t really be trigger happy in a T8 cruiser since EVERYTHING IS OUT OF YOUR GODDAMN RANGE. And for some reason T8 cruisers seem to suffer from this BS MM, where all the BBs in the match are TX and TIX, while the cruisers are TVIII...

This makes sense when u compare BB numbers to Cruiser numbers on higher Tiers. The amount of BBs is just too high, so that MM must take lower tier Cruisers to fill the match.

Players
723 posts
5,774 battles
37 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

This makes sense when u compare BB numbers to Cruiser numbers on higher Tiers. The amount of BBs is just too high, so that MM must take lower tier Cruisers to fill the match.

Actually ideally, the game should put all surplus BBs into matches of their own.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
15 minutes ago, SmartassNoob said:

Actually ideally, the game should put all surplus BBs into matches of their own.

i would just like team full of BB-s and me as a solo dd :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

Almost as bad idea as radars in general.

At least you meet fewer T10 battleships nowdays. :cap_haloween:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,168 posts
14,439 battles
26 minutes ago, SmartassNoob said:

Actually, excess BBs should be put into 4x top tier CV matches with fighters disabled.

Incentive to play CVs + killing off excess BB population. A win-win basically. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
253 posts
5,550 battles

Well, that is the result of the "we will remove Missouri in a few patches" hype. It will last a handful of weeks but eventually it will fade out. Saw that already years ago when the ad was "Type-59 is actually OP so in 2 weeks we will remove it from the store".

BTW, I'm a DD main as well and I loathe the idea of Radar BBs, but hey, at least in your game the Missus were not teamed together...

Beta Tester
56 posts
11,351 battles

Stupid topic, Missouri radar is rare usable, Missouri is not for close combat

Most of the time i want a plane not radar, but sometimes is good

That "hope to die in a fire" is childish and stupid sametime

PS:  I dont want Missouri return but not radar is the reason

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles
13 minutes ago, RambaRal said:

but hey, at least in your game the Missus were not teamed together...

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.123c622033a1916ee54c3323e770b171.png

Last match... guess how it ended

Bonus radar DD as well

[AAO]
Players
1,804 posts
9,595 battles
48 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Bonus radar DD as well

Yup.

Missouri as such disgusts me, but even more a tendency of them to play in idiotproof divisions

Missouri X 2 + fletcher

Missouri + des memes + carrier

etc

To all ppl ( @Negativvv et others) that it is all ok if you know radar ranges & duration, sure, but lately there have been too much of those games like OP posted, with 4/5 radars - do you think it is fun as a dd? DD was the only class where you can play a little bit active - with crap amount of radar they can now join the ranks of the passive meta. Just what this game needed more...

3 hours ago, Tekacko said:

If you are one of those that hope the ship will return sometime - I hope you die in a fire.

I agree.

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
253 posts
5,550 battles
45 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

***snip snip**

Bonus radar DD as well

Ach, that must have been an unpleasant situation... I see a Moskva as well, versus your grand total of zero radars. I feel your pain.